1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A few newbie questions

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Digauss, Nov 10, 2013.

?

I believe that top quality backlink comes from

1. TLD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. EDU, GOV

100.0%
  3. Blog Comments

25.0%
  4. Banner Ads

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Text Ads

50.0%
  6. Web Software

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hi guys. I'm new around here. I looked over a few topics and I saw lots of people who knows really cool stuff. It seems here will be my place. I hope you answer my questions below:

1. Do you suggest that I use my own website in my forum signatures?
    2. Do you suggest that I use my own website in portal signatures -hope you don't get mad- such as GoogleGroups, Yahoo! Answers etc.?
    3. Do you suggest that I exchange links between my websites? For example at footer of example.com "My 2nd site example2.com, My 3rd site example3.com" and at the footer of example2.com "My 1st site example.com, My 3rd site example3.com".
    I'm waiting for your help.

Digauss, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  2. Digauss

Digauss Peon

Best Answers:
    pleae guys I'm still waiting for help

Digauss, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  3. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    hi, Digauss,
    you really need these 3 steps listed above to follow to increase your web traffic.

dean1122, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  4. Digauss

Digauss Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi dean
    Thanks for your help. So as you say, signatures are good place for backlinking and link-changing between my network will be helpful for my sites. Have a nice day

Digauss, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  5. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    With no doubt, a backlink from a .edu or .org is hundred times better then any other domain. I believe even a nofollow link from .edu and .org adds high value to your performance search engine.

faizzsheikh, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  6. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

1. Do you suggest that I use my own website in my forum signatures? - Yes as you will be in control of your own site with content ect..

2. Do you suggest that I use my own website in portal signatures -hope you don't get mad- such as GoogleGroups, Yahoo! Answers etc.? - You can but if you don't provide value in the questions that you are answering you will get banned. I have used yahoo answers and if you are going to answer questions on their make sure you provide value as yahoo will think its just spam.

3. Do you suggest that I exchange links between my websites? For example at footer of example.com "My 2nd site example2.com, My 3rd site example3.com" and at the footer of example2.com "My 1st site example.com, My 3rd site example3.com". - You can still get links for your site but I would concentrate on providing good quality content for your site. This is what google is looking for now. If your content is informative and engaging then it will get shared, liked and tweeted getting you traffic to your site.

Hope this helps..

kb24, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  7. HostusPocus

HostusPocus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd say signatures a very good way to backlink, I would also try and get backlinks from a site that is similar to yours and is updated regularly just to provide you with a good quality backlink. Exchanging links between your sites can also work but it isn't as good as having a few good quality links as google often change their algorithm for results and may penalize you for linking to your other sites.

HostusPocus, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  8. DTroy

DTroy Peon

Best Answers:
    If your websites all belongs to the same niche, add on to the sidebar. You can categorize it as 'Other useful links'. However if they belong to different niches, avoid putting any links in between them. Like umbeehosting says, Google might penalize you for it because having a website about money, linking to a website that is about building muscle mass just doesn't add up through the eyes of Google and also to your visitors.

DTroy, Nov 13, 2013 IP