1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Software to sell digital product services

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Sourful, Nov 9, 2013.

I recently had an idea to sell graphic work related to gaming; however, all of the eCommerce solutions I found sell predetermined products. Here is my Idea.

Let's say a customer wants to buy a forum signature.
    They go to my site, choose the forum signature option, purchase it for a certain price, and they are required to sign up so they have access to a member's area. At this member's area, they can only see the signatures they have purchased. When I'm done with their signature, I can give it to them specifically, and it will show up in their member area.

I suppose another solution would be to have the purchasing software and the member software separate, and I could just handle it manually. If that's the case, I also need to find software that allows per-member downloads.

I'm open to solutions that are their own software, or plugins for other software such as WordPress.

Sourful, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Given this is much like a business or services website I would probably just go with wordpress with woo commerce bolted on to it. Some thoughts on digital downloads with the plugin. http://docs.woothemes.com/document/digitaldownloadable-product-handling/

I would have to think about showing things in the user account like samples etc. but wordpress will be much easier to deal with in this case rather than say, Magento.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  3. Sourful

Sourful Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into that. I'll try to figure out a way to have per-user products. Seems like it should be possible.

Sourful, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  4. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    WHMCS can do the same, you set up the digital items attached to a purchase and then they access those files via their member area. Not really what it was designed for but it would work.

ufshane, Nov 9, 2013 IP