1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying 10 Articles Related to SEO/SMM

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Dave Goehst, Nov 7, 2013.

Need 10 articles of 500 words each. Need these by Monday at the latest. To the person/team applying, I will provide titles; you provide 100% readable content that reflects current trends/news in SEO/SMM.

Email your proposals to - do not PM me here as this inbox is for other matters. Failure to comply with this request will prove you cannot read the English language.

Dave Goehst, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  2. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have never in my life encountered such a piss poor attitude. I emailed this guy and made him a great offer and showed him a portfolio and this was his response:

1) I don't know you, so there would never be anything upfront.
    2) .XXX per word, again, is tipping towards ridiculous when all you've
    shown me was about 200 words of garbage content I'd pay an Indian .005
    per word for.

These are for link baiting. I wouldn't got more than .015 on these,
    and that's only if you've proven your talents merit that much.

Again, you will never get an upfront payment from me when I've never
    worked with you before. That's just common sense.

Such a nice guy!

BTW, if anyone would like to see my 'not suitable for print' reply to his message, you can PM me. :cool:

Oh, yes - and he just replied again to call me a 'not suitable for print' name.

For a part of the female anatomy.

That rhymes with runt. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    Senobia, Nov 7, 2013 IP
    paulmartin likes this.
  3. Dave Goehst

Dave Goehst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Of course, had you read her response with not for print verbiage, you'd see why she was called a name.

Talk to me like a four year old and make dumb offers, you will get dumb responses.

I've hired several people here...people with better tact and understanding than you. Of course you can whine here...you conveniently left out your messages. Now leave this thread alone so educated folk can apply.

4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "Punt"......football, a kick in which the ball is dropped and kicked before it hits the ground.:cool:

Spoiltdiva, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  5. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That, too.

They have. And they are still laughing.

And what does that make you? A magnet for the weak and gullible? Wear your crown proudly.

No, I didn't. I offered them freely to whomever wanted them.

Can you draw me a picture? Us dumb runts are notorious for not being able to read directions.

Senobia, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  6. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow. Hey, OP, I hope you realize that writers with talent don't work for nothing up front..that's not only common sense, it's the standard. In fact, if you wish to ensure that you only work with amateurs, refuse to pay anything up front. That's a deadly effective filter. Clearly, though, you aren't looking for talent, given what you're evidently willing to pay.

If you want to pay those kinds of rates just say so up front and don't waste people's time. Then again, in this part of the forum, no one should be expecting to find an actual gig anyway.

Enjoy your Engrish!

Graphicsfx, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  7. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ...says an apparently unemployed, overly boring ".035 discount" writer with a potty mouth. My initial message was factual, not "crabby" or demeaning. Your the poor whiny sap that can't handle rejection, not me.

I've paid more than .06 per word...with an example better than a free weebly posting...so instead of squealing like a stuck pig, work on making a decent portfolio.

8. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ask Mr. Levanduski, an excellent writer. He will negate that statement. He billed me for every word without asking a penny up front.

9. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    People with anger issues are often insecure. What fears keep you up at night?

Your strawman argument is light on facts and heavy on opinion. Ask any well-fed writer to work for nothing up front--oh, you already have, lol.

10. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The fear that writers like Senobia and you will still be logged in.

And what's really amazing is how people waste time flaming threads instead of worry about personal productivity...except for Diva, the rest of you just wrote mini articles on a thread having nothing to do with you...wow, you are truly outstanding citizens...LOL

11. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Was your reply to my reply - and *I* have the potty mouth?

Maybe. But at very least, I know the proper usage of your and you're.

Did your mom let you borrow the money?

Yep. It's at Weebly - and what? My domain name and host had issues that took them offline and I've not found a suitable replacement for them yet. And that has....what kind of bearing...on the content within?

You're right! I should strive for credentials like "The India Daily News" instead of my poor, pitiful "USA Today" blurb. Sucks to be me, I guess.

I'm done with your misogynist litany. You're a small, small man that has been given far more attention than he deserves and you shall have no more of mine. Dismissed.

Senobia, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  12. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Lol...another woman with big girl syndrome Googling big words that .004% will give two flying ducks about.

Amazing what unemployment will do to people's mindset these days...of course, if you're not unemployed, you're definitely a time waster..a trait I'm glad I discovered here first before hiring your potty mouth.

13. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Small breaks between writing stints encourage productivity, actually. Especially when they're so entertaining. You and your ilk keep me in stitches.

You think you can pay peanuts and enjoy "quality" content. Wake up, Google happened.

You wouldn't know quality if you saw it.

14. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Apparently, you cannot read either...that makes your writing worth .001 to me.

I said before, I do not mind paying up near .06/word...I simply need to see something which merits that pay. I tried to tell that foul mouthed troglodyte earlier the same thing...she got offended, wrote a fourth grade boo boo note, and that leads us to this point now.

15. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Pot, Kettle, Black considering what you called her. It doesn't seem like either of you conducted yourselves professionally (yes, in business you need a thick skin as people will be blunt, but degenerating into immature squabbling isn't really the same).

Anyway, for clarification's sake, can you let everyone (I'm sure there are people reading this thread and feeling a bit confused) know if the post has been filled or not? (You mentioned, "Ask Mr. Levanduski, an excellent writer. He will negate that statement. He billed me for every word without asking a penny up front." I don't know if you meant about this work or another.)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    ryan_uk, Nov 7, 2013 IP
    Vlasic, Neeni86 and malky66 like this.
  16. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This particular post is still waiting to be filled. I'll probably have Mike write a few, but you are more than welcome to apply.

Just got some work back from an awesome writer here (alinasandor) and she was paid .055 per word - and she billed me, too (and was paid 2.2 minutes after I got it.) - but she also provided me what I consider 'more than a preponderance of evidence' that her skills supported earning that much. As did Corey. As did Michael. As did several others on here...

So for those (not you, Ryan) who stated that "I pay peanuts" or "finding someone that doesn't require an upfront payment" is impossible, consider yourselves schooled differently...and learn to tape your mouths shut before spewing things that either make little sense on a broader spectrum, or are based off self-purported knowledge. If you want the big boy money, I'll give it - with proof.

17. paulmartin

paulmartin Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there,

I completely agreed with you. Moreover, this buyer is a scammer

Here are both Posts, we have done for this guy.

1) http://inclusivefitness.org/sole-searching-importance-of-treating-plantar-fasciitis/

2) http://www.examiner.com/article/streamline-filling-processes-with-today-s-filler-machines

Can anyone judge these articles ? he refused me to pay anything by telling spun contents. If articles were really spun then why did you used them ??

paulmartin, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  18. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have the Paypal invoice ID to prove otherwise. The articles were paid for, and reworked to assure they were written in good English because Paul Martin (you know, that one guy trolling DP who wished my parents an extremely tragic death via email when I refused to pay for spun, plagiarized content) lacks basic English writing skills, spintaxing articles at will to make his petty cash. Shall I show you the numerous amounts of money I've spent on Elance AND here over the last year?

I didn't think so. Now go away, little boy, and let us adults work around here. I'd hate for those who CAN write to get cheated out of an opportunity to make .055 per word or more (which I have several that are getting paid that amount from DP).

Dave Goehst, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  19. cyril

cyril Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, just went through the above both posts and to be honest, the contents are written very well - No junk or spun content I could see at all.

BTW, may I know, what are your charges per article? I'm eagerly to pay $5-$6 for such quality.

cyril, Nov 9, 2013 IP
    paulmartin likes this.
  20. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Written very well because I had to redo them, Mr. Cyril. Pay attention if you're going to invade my thread with job offers.

Dave Goehst, Nov 9, 2013 IP