1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Build your backlinks effectively

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Theneo, Oct 13, 2013.

Hello there ,
    i m just gonna give u some techniques of effective link building .
    Link building is one ofthe most important prospect of of-page seo . Many webmasters simply go on building links without any proper knowledge(sometimes only do -follow and sometimes using black hat techniques).
    This must be avoided unless and until u dont wanna get penalized by google .
    backlinks should be build in a definite proportion . Either 1 do-follow to 1 no-follow or 2 do - follow to 1 no-follow . This proprtion usually gives me best results .
    Also many webmasters are confused where to build links from .
    Well many of u may know the answer .. But the best method is to have ur link in between content as it good authority to u r site(in view of google ) . The best way to gain such links are guest posting . There are many blogs which provide free guest posting .
    U also need to take care to not to build backlinks on high pr websites only as it appears truly unnatural to google . U shoul build most of ur links on websites having pr 2-5 . Also build some on sites with pr of 0 and also some on pr 6-10.
    The second good source of getting backlinks is article submission .u just submit ur article to many article directory on web and put ur link on them .
    Blog commenting is also a good source of getting backlinks but i have always noticed (in my experience)that it has never proven authoritive when compared to guest blogging .
    Social bookmarking is also an good option ..u can find a good list of sites like that .
    Usually u should atleast do this in a month for ur site / blog -
    1) 2guest post
    2) 2 article submissions
    3)30,-100 blog comments (including do-follow and no follow in the ratio 2:1)
    4) 10-30 new social book marks (both do and no follow)
    following this tactic u can easily rank at good position on google .u could increase the number but remember if u can do the same for the next months . Building 100 links a day and building just 5 the other day won't work . So be careful when u do this .thanks

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    Theneo, Oct 13, 2013 IP
    EngineerofSuccess likes this.
  2. Mr victor

Mr victor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion any back-linking method that doesn't guarantee visitors from it is a waste of time

Mr victor, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  3. Theneo

Theneo Member

Best Answers:
    Ya thats true .. .all the method listed above gives me traffic (though little) ....

Theneo, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  4. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Try not to determine the anchor text by yourself, leave it to the editor to decide - and all backlinks, from whatever source you mentioned - will work much more effectively. Just don't anchor-optimize your backlinks, and you should be fine.

uttoransen, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  5. Theneo

Theneo Member

Best Answers:
    Yes uttoransen ,
    but sometimes we have to do it manually as there are some sources which requires no editor

Theneo, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  6. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @Theneo - in those cases, keep using different anchor texts - don't use a single anchor-text more than once,

uttoransen, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  7. Theneo

Theneo Member

Best Answers:
    Yes ,
    i always prefer using different anchor text to look the link is natural

Theneo, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  8. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    So you think blog commenting is still alive? I'm a bit nervous that too many blog comment links might end up hurting my site as it would appear unnatural and that I'm trying to "game" the system. However, I totally support you on the article submissions, blog posts on high traffic and relevant sites, and of course social bookmarking!!! But don't I need to get social bookmarks from lots of different people, not just from my own accounts?

jasonvan, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  9. Theneo

Theneo Member

Best Answers:
    Actually one of my blogs has so well written content that i dont need to do social bookmaking .......my readers do it....:)

Theneo, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  10. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's all not sound effective as it seems to be. Me still searching the effective and easiest method for link building.

atsad, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  11. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Theneo - I am glad your methods are producing you some good traffic. But I think a few comments on what you say might clarify for some other less experienced readers.

1. Guest posting can certainly be successful. But, first, a person needs to feel confident about their topic – difficult when a newbie (but it can still be done). But also you have to make sure of the high quality of the blog which posts what you have written. This may be obvious to you – but let's be clear there are plenty of places accepting guest posts which are poor quality and should be avoided.

2. Article marketing is nothing like as successful as it used to be. I'm not sure it's a valuable use of your time these days. Remember when Ezine Articles got hit big time in 2012 by Google? G don't pay as much attention to article directories as they used to.

3. Again with blog commenting you need to pay good attention to the quality of the site. The majority of places you can blog comment are low quality sites that have been hit multiple times by people using Scrapebox et cetera. These links are useless, or even damaging. However, links from comments on high authority sites are very good. Links from comments on poor quality sites are near useless.

A couple of tips of mine:

1. To find places to get high PR backlinks, reverse engineer your competitors from the Google top 10. Find out where they're getting their back links from using a backlink checker which will give you the PR. [For example, Website Auditor.]
    http://www.seopowersuite.com/website-auditor/

Pull out all the high authority sites and go through them one by one, identifying the ones that you can easily get a backlink – for example if there are any forums, directories or Wordpress.coms in there.

2. Find a high authority's site in your niche and set up http://Blogtrottr.com to send you an email when there's a new post on the blog. Then be the first to go put a comment in. Not only are you more likely to be noticed by the author but also you will get natural traffic because the first few comments on any post on a popular blog are going to get the click through's. Nice trick, eh?

Cheers, and thanks for stimulating the discussion :)

Malc

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    malcsimm, Oct 30, 2013 IP
    Theneo likes this.
  12. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    Malc. you are adding excellent and useful information to this forum.
    Thanks Malc again for giving us such an impressive link building techniques.

Matt Alen, Oct 30, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  13. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the kind words, mate.

Also, I mentioned using Website Auditor to reverse engineer your competition for my tip number 1 above: well, for tip number 2 - finding high PR blogs to comment on - you can use Link Assistant. Both these tools are made by the same company and are part of SEO Powersuite. I review this useful software on my blog if you'd like to read about it.

This is a suite of 4 great tools which can save you a ton of time if you are doing SEO regularly. It's well worth checking out - I use it several times a week. And it does make the job of finding high PR blogs to post decent comments to easier.

You can also use Scrapebox if you are familiar with that: but SEO Powersuite it much more user-friendly. SB is hardcore!

Malc :)

malcsimm, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  14. william curl

william curl Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating thousands of backlinks may not be that much be helpful that 20-30 guest posting can. If the backlinks were not created effectively then it will be the wastage of time and money. There are many other options like Guest Posting, Forum Posting, infographics, Blog submission , Press Release you can try.

william curl, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  15. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    William - it's important to look at the Page Rank of the pages you get that guest post on. Or the blog submission, press releases etc.

That's crucial in building your high power backlinks.

Of course you need a mix of low authority BL to make your "backlink profile" look ok: but the main thing is to have the high PR, contextual, keyword-related-anchor text links.

:)

malcsimm, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  16. Theneo

Theneo Member

Best Answers:
    Also the obl of the page you are getting the backlinks from should be not high ....i stick to less than 30

Theneo, Nov 6, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  17. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all for this nice discussion ,
    link back to your site is still a basic requirement for getting search engine fueled website traffic.
    don't try to generate a backlinks for your site just for fun without having chosen a site with good page rank , that this related to the content of your site.
    Remember:your 10 links with high page rank websites is more powerful than 100 with p.r-0 websites.

dean1122, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  18. malcsimm

Best Answers:

Also, more and more these days, it's about your backlink profile. Does it look natural? Eg 25 x PR 4 backlinks and hardly any PR 0 backlinks will get you Google slapped quicker than a very fast thing....

So balance is needed :)

It's a good skill to get good at analysing your backlink profile. Then u know what G sees :)

Malc

malcsimm, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  19. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Malc , you pointed a good point here , "Balance is needed".
    when you are building links for your website what you need to do?

You definitely want to spread the links across the domain, If your homepage is the main page, you can make your back links something like 60-70% to the homepage and distribute the other 30% or so throughout the rest of the site.

Dean

dean1122, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  20. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    True, Dean, 30% of your backlinks being deep - going to pages other than the HP - sounds "natural".

Then, as far as PRs, it would be natural to have, for example:
    PR n/a-0, 85%
    PR1 - 10%
    PR2 - 3%
    PR3 - say, 3 or 4
    PR4 - say, 1 or 2 or maybe 3

Something like that - plus 30% of links deeper than HP, and with a natural variation of anchor text:

eg: 10-20% your exact anchor, and the others a mix of synonyms, other words like "click here", and "naked" links.

Naked links: ie domain.com, www.domain.com and with/without http in front too.

Yes, it's complicated if you want to fabricate links. It just depends how far you want to go!

But just don't imagine you can fire up SENuke (that very expensive software...) create a couple of campaigns, and go and make tea. If you use automated software you have to know the results you are going to create in terms of your link profile.

And if you have already used automated software on your site, then you have to know what your link profile is at the moment so you know how to proceed.

For example, if you have tons of PR0 and PR1 baklinks links already with varied anchor text and from different domains then it would be safe just to go out and get some PR 2-3-4 backlinks.

If it's a new site, there's more work to do to get the low PR backlinks - and it needs to be done more slowly.

Malc

malcsimm, Nov 6, 2013 IP