1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penguin 2.1 victim

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by access-keys, Nov 5, 2013.

Hello All,

When penguin 2.1 rolled out, most of the websites including mine had been destroyed. And after a month time, my website hasn't recovered yet. My site's homepage doesn't appear at all in the SERP for the optimized keyword. Now, can anyone tell me how can I get back my website's homepage back to SERP. Instead of homepage, an inner page http://www.buddha-statues.info/about-statues/buddha-statues-significance is appearing for the keyword at 11th page. Please help me. How can I get my website's homepage in the SERP?

Thanks

access-keys, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  2. DIA_8497

DIA_8497 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I would suggest to be natural promoting your website, concentrate more on good quality website content and quality link building. Wait for a while and u'll be back again.

DIA_8497, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  3. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Hello DIA,

Waiting means not creating any backlinks or creating fewer to none numbers of backlinks? It has been 1 month and yet no growth in ranking. I am really worried now.

Thank you for your response DIA.

access-keys, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  4. Sayeri

Sayeri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I would suggest you the following things:
    1.Do not think about ranking. Just do good for the site ranking will come automatically.
    2.Add good quality content in the home page (not so much keyword optimized) & interlink it with inner pages.
    3.Modify the meta tags (do not stuff much keywords.Always maintain the relevancy) & maintain the character limit also.
    4.Check your backlinks manually & disavow the low quality links.
    5.Check the technicalities like urls of your sitemap(is the sitemap is crawled by google?), mention sitemap url in robots file etc.I can show you total 24 parameters like this.These are for site health check up & very important.
    6.Rework on the home page content.
    7.Canonical tag is missing in your home page.
    8.First do a detail analysis on keywords & select the focus set & the target url for each keyword.
    9.Optimize the home page targeting keywords methodically in the home page.
    10.Submit the home page url in webmaster for first indexing & submit the sitemap url in webmaster also.

Follow the above points.Now we the SEO professionals always analyze a site thoroughly & then take steps.Here i just mentioned all the possible things now its up to you how you can execute....:) If this is my project then i can only give you the guaranty but here it depends on your work.

Sayeri, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  5. Saikat96

Saikat96 Member

Best Answers:
    Need social Reputation and Fresh Link building For Web Site

Saikat96, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  6. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I strongly suggest a rebuild for your website, change the structure and modify the content in order to have a small "fresh" look. After that, check for the backlinks maybe some of them are really negative for your website in this moment.
    Just after you succeed to do that try to push some web 2.0 content and grow it back slowly and with a good strategy.

RosuC, Nov 6, 2013 IP