1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice for Adwords Beginner

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by scott2342, Oct 30, 2013.

Hi Guys,

I'm considering using Adwords to help promote my computer service business in the local area. I am working on seo and other methods (Leaflet Distribution) but i believe Adwords could get me customers quicker, do you agree?

Do you have any advice when using Adwords for the first time? Is it a good method to generate customers? My understanding is that if i pay for certain keywords or phrases then my website will appear at the top, is this correct? Also is there any deals where it may help reduce the cost? Is it wise to use online promotional codes? Or i know you can get a coupon through the post sometimes, how can i get one?

My aim is to appear at the top of searches when people search for PC Repair in my local area, will Adwords do this for me? And in the long run will it also help my organic seo?

Also what kind of budget do local business normally spend? If anyone can give me a insight of what google adwords did for them i would be grateful.

Thanks
    Scott

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    scott2342, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  2. WeepingLizard

WeepingLizard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its perfect for you, you can target keywords within your geo location, this means people searching for computer repair related KW within one mile of you can see your advert.

Try it...

WeepingLizard, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  3. InboundDan

InboundDan Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm considering using Adwords to help promote my computer service business in the local area. I am working on seo and other methods (Leaflet Distribution) but i believe Adwords could get me customers quicker, do you agree?

It will get you visibility much quicker. Whether these people convert to customers is down to your landing page.

My aim is to appear at the top of searches when people search for PC Repair in my local area, will Adwords do this for me? And in the long run will it also help my organic seo?

No, it won't help you achieve rankings in organic search. If you bid high enough, you can be #1 for PC repair in your location.

Also what kind of budget do local business normally spend? If anyone can give me a insight of what google adwords did for them i would be grateful.

Depends on the amount of keywords / campaigns, their competitiveness, etc. If you are targeting one location it should be relativity cost efficient.

InboundDan, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  4. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. I have set up adwords and yes it's very cost efficient. I've targeted the area i am in and i am appearing at the top of the ad searches as there is not much competition. Hopefully i will now get a few clicks and convert them to customers. I believe my landing page is nice and clear so should't be a issue.

scott2342, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  5. InboundDan

InboundDan Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem Scott, let me know if you have any further questions.

InboundDan, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  6. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to target Mobile Advertising via Google Adwords. Business like yours will help users finding PC repair services via mobile devices.

Alternatively study the traffic and run the campaign with ad scheduling method that gives you more valuable traffic.

Make sure to target the only location where your business serves. People can see your ad from other location if you did not select the specific location.

Budget always depends on your sales. Invest the 10% of the expected revenue.

AppyArry, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  7. alandavid

alandavid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes it is good for you and you must first focus on local market keywords i mean most searching keywords related to you business.

alandavid, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  8. Brian Wade

Brian Wade Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords can be a very good way to advertise - and Google is certainly pushing search in favor of Adwords over organic search. Make sure you set a strict daily budget and constantly test the CPC you bid to make sure you get the most value from your ads. I have seen people get blown up in a day by not controlling their ad spend, so this is paramount.

The CPC you are charged and the rank your ad gets, depend on a number of things that you can control (the quality score), so do the following to reduce the CPC as much as possible for any given ranking position:

- have Google analytics on the website your ad links to
    - include a call to action within the ad
    - drive visitors to a specific landing page, not just the home page
    - ensure your site has legal privacy policy pages in place
    - optimize the display url
    - try and include a call extension in the ad if appropriate
    - include location extensions to geo-target visitors
    - include sitelinks on your site to aid visitors
    - always be testing!!

Brian Wade, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  9. promisem

promisem Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a lot to learn for doing it right. Start with a small budget, a few ads and a handful of keywords. Study the results, try new keywords and new ads. Keep testing.

Watch the quality score, click rate, impression percentage and conversion rate. As those numbers improve, Adwords will lower your cost per click. Then grow your budget.

promisem, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  10. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes ive started two small budget campaigns, I'm slowly monitoring them on impressions and clicks. I will try and improve them in about 2 weeks time to see if i can improve the results.

scott2342, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  11. InboundDan

InboundDan Peon

Best Answers:
    Let us know how you get on and if you need any more help.

InboundDan, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  12. sivaramadabala

sivaramadabala Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    "Advanced Google Adwords" by 'Brad Geddes' can help you.

sivaramadabala, Jan 9, 2014 IP
  13. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you give update on your campaigns, and tweaks you used? Did you used geotargeting, mobile ads, extensions? Do you use conversion
    tracking?

Fer0, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  14. YesAdvertisingProgram

YesAdvertisingProgram Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm actually curious myself about how you're doing, scott2342. Were there good results?

YesAdvertisingProgram, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  15. atifmasood4

atifmasood4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This will also help in increasing your sale

atifmasood4, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  16. Keith Peterson

Keith Peterson Member

Best Answers:
    All the best :)

Keith Peterson, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  17. Pshyco

Pshyco Member

Best Answers:
    i wAnt to promote my hosting business..

Pshyco, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  18. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pshyco - if you need AdWords advertising just PM me.
    Regards

Fer0, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  19. Pshyco

Pshyco Member

Best Answers:
    What ClickRate you will give me? Rate/Click ?

Pshyco, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  20. impishme84

impishme84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking to drive sales or service through your website, here are a few beginner tips:
    1. Create a campaign for your services (High notes could be Pc repair, special packages for outer warranty devices, virus cleanup, pc performance boost)
    2. Create ad groups for your campaign(it could be types of PC repair)
    3. Target keywords for each ad group (An incorrect keyword strategy can be a boomerang, use tools like noble samurai for relavant keyword research)
    Try all the above and this is surely going to help.

impishme84, Feb 5, 2014 IP