1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for writers who are active on certain sites

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by hurricane_sh, Nov 3, 2013.

Looking for authors who are active on Yahoo Voice, eHow or About, I want to promote some forums, here is how it works: you write your articles as usual and embed a link (or as a reference link) to my forum homepage or a relevant thread. Topics are about family and health.

If interested, please PM me your author profile page.

hurricane_sh, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  2. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No one who values their account on any of these sites is going to do this for you. I know this because I have accounts on two of the three you named.

Senobia, Nov 3, 2013 IP
    alinasandor likes this.
  3. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So you can speak for thousands of writers? I don's see the point of your reply.

4. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Forums generally do not make for good sites to reference in an article. Doing so dilutes the credibility of the article and author.

TextServices, Nov 3, 2013 IP
    alinasandor and Senobia like this.
  5. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The point of my reply is the one TextService so eloquently made in the post above. ^^^^^

Senobia, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  6. hurricane_sh

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I see the other way, a forum thread can be more helpful than any another resource when it contains trustworthy personal experience. Count how many of your first page search results are from forums, I guess Google isn't that stupid.

FYI, this is a WTB thread, I have started working with two members, your replies don't do anyone good except making others involved feel bad.

To me it's a win-win to make $20~50 by adding a helpful link selected from thousands of pages by the authors themselves, and they still own the articles. Yes, you read it right, for each article they write, they earn at least $20 immediately, just by adding a link, most importantly, it's not a product link, it's a relevant thread of their own choice. Imagine linking to a DP thread of your choice in your webmaster article, with the right thread the link can make the article more helpful.

7. hurricane_sh

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I respect your opinion, please respect my thread. Thanks!

8. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's a nice thought, but when you're looking up health concerns, would you trust what some forum troll had to say or would you go to a credible source like The Mayo Clinic?

You should feel bad for what you're asking people to do - and that is land you some high ranking backlinks from 'popular' sites for your own SEO benefit and risk their reputations in the process.

No, they don't 'own' the articles. They get attribution, but the copyright transfers to the site where it was submitted.

I can't think of one person on DP (granted, I don't know them all because I know that would be your next question) or any forum, for that matter, that I would consider an expert or a credible source on any subject.

If you do, well - that's your own poor judgement.

Senobia, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  9. hurricane_sh

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why does a writer have to select a thread by trolls other than established members? Why do you always think for others and assume others are stupid? This is really beyond me.

Should I feel bad by offering money for links to another adult member? No, I don't think so.

But you are entitled to write anything that makes you feel superior or smarter than anyone else. I can see that from your signature.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  10. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ehow is so 2000 and late.

Also, there's no way you're paying anyone $20-$50 for a link.

The argument that others are making is sound. Even if those sites allowed your link to remain in the article, no one is going to give it any credence. You're wasting your time.

Graphicsfx, Nov 3, 2013 IP
    Senobia likes this.
  11. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I knew that orange font would put me at the head of the class! :D

You know, I was going to point out how this advice would help you, too- in the long run, but this damned superiority complex that I have just won't let me do it.

Senobia, Nov 3, 2013 IP
    Vlasic likes this.
  12. TextServices

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's not about what Google thinks. It's about the reputation and credibility the author/ publisher has established with his/her account on Yahoo Voices and the likes.

Let's say that the author decides to write an article for Yahoo Voices about MS. The article explains what MS is and reviews the symptoms, how the disease is diagnosed and common forms of treatment to relieve the symptoms of the disease. Would it be better for the author to link to a site with contributions from verified medical professionals or a thread on a general health forum in which the posts may or may not be made by verified medical professionals or even those living with the disease? Which would you think has more weight and credibility with the readers of that article?

Sure, the author could post an article from the perspective of someone who is currently living with the disease. An article giving practical advice on how to cope with the challenges a person faces as the disease progresses. But, would it then be better to link directly to an MS specific resource, a certified credible MS specific resource or a general health forum? Which link do you think has more weight and credibility? If you suffered from the disease, who would you trust to seek advice from? An MS specific resource with the professional credentials or a general health forum?

Please understand that I'm not trashing your health forum or your offer. Someone may feel it's an offer they are willing to accept. It's just that from a writers perspective, it's about building and maintaining a professional image on these sites. A credible author that people will favor and return to read more of what the author is publishing. I, myself, earn money in one form another with these types of accounts. The link(s) contained within these articles could make or break an author/publishers credibility. The author/publishers bottom line. That's why some writers will oppose your offer. Not because your forum is horrible. But because general health forums do not carry as much weight, credibility, as linking to a resource such as JAMA, WebMD, CDC and Gov't sites.

How does the writer earn $20-$50 for a link?

TextServices, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  13. hurricane_sh

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, another "writer" jumped in with baseless conclusion.

Aren't writers supposed to know how to read? It's about family and health. Family is a very broad topic.

$50 per link is not that much, I paid $150 for a blog mention. Search my old threads, I offered up to $50 for blog mentions even several years ago.

You believe authorities, I trust collective wisdom, it's only a personal preference.

I don't see how a referrer link can ruin your reputation, but I'm sure attacking a thread with baseless conclusion and childish newbie opinions won't help your reputation.

This is a WTB thread, if you are not interested, ignore it...as simple as that.

But if you have no work to do, please continue.

Vera likes this.
  14. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Removed because <meh> it's not worth it.

Suffice it to say, you're wasting your time.

Graphicsfx, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  15. TextServices

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Who are you addressing? I certainly didn't attack your thread. If you felt that I did, you misinterpreted what I wrote.

You have the opinion that linking to a forum in a post on a Voices Yahoo account and the likes is perfectly acceptable. That's your opinion and that's okay. My opinion is different than yours. That's all.

Yes. You're correct. Family and health are very broad topics.

TextServices, Nov 4, 2013 IP
    Vera likes this.