1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to rank well in Google SERP?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tag Calls, Oct 30, 2013.

I have started to seo my site already 6t months and more . the number of backlinks in Alexa is more 100, but in google results it is not ranked? how can I imporve it?

Tag Calls, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  2. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you don't know SEO, don't know what you are doing, yet you are building links.

Don not build links! They will destroy any chance you had of Google rankings.

Read the information here.

Also, you Alexa rank does not affect your Google rankings in any way.

PhilipSEO, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  3. Tag Calls

Tag Calls Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    your shared page is really important for me, and I have some questions. Then I make research with the main keyword important for me, the first page listed sites have:
    • meta title
    • meta keywords
    • huge backlinks from irrelevant sites
    • and same external content in different sites
    how they success to get ranking high and it is really helpful to remove title and keywords from Code??

Tag Calls, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  4. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Meta title and meta keywords don't hurt rankings, they just don't help.

"Huge" backlinks are great if they are acquired naturally and not through link building. Relevance doesn't matter that much, though it is widely speculated about. What matters more the relevance to the linking page, not the whole site.

Basically, no negative factors matter if the site is highly trusted. Even if you have bad SEO, get links from Harvard, the New York Times or the White House and it will help your site's trust level enormously.

PhilipSEO, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  5. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    The mere number of backlinks won't tell you anything, and neither will your search ranking in fact.
    You need to analyze the websites that currently outrank you in the SERPs.
    See where they backlinks come from, how their websites are built, whether they have a blog, whether they get a lot of comments and social media engagement.
    This will give you an idea of what level of recognition you need to achieve to outrank them.
    As Philip said, don't "build links" from websites nobody even visits.
    Better get a content marketing strategy and reach out to relevant websites and people in your niche.

Kianu42, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  6. love143

love143 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are using just off page SEO, Do ON page SEO and put your Title, Keywords and meta description on it.

love143, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  7. rony2011

rony2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    content is king also

rony2011, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  8. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Content is vitally important, more-so than gaining back links. One of my properties has more than 1000 links in and it is the worst site I own for Google traffic. It's one that I really haven't invested a lot of time in with regular updates and content so I understand why it's not doing well.

Forget the link building, create interesting content that people will want to share and make sure you have the buttons on that page to help people to promote it.

Conran, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  9. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you're in a viral niche, this advice simply isn't going to cut it for anyone entering even a remotely competitive niche. Despite what Matt Cutts and the rest of Google HQ's may try to spoon feed you about 'content content content', it's useless without links. If you can get these through social marketing/viral content, great - but for a lot of niches (ecommerce sites, to name just one) - link building is going to be a requirement of any successful SEO campaign. It's as simple as that.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  10. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    With all due respect, I know for a fact that it is not "useless without links".
    Having worked in affiliate blogging for several years (would anyone suggest that the adult affiliate business is not competitive?) I operate several of my own sites where linking is the last thing on my list, and those sites are pulling in thousands of visits a day. Likewise, several of my clients have regular readerships and high Google traffic based almost solely on the content on their site, not spamming their links all over the net.
    I will agree that it certainly helps to seed your site around the internet at the beginning, in appropriate places, but beyond that link building is generally a waste of time and effort and the content you create should be enough to encourage sharing and promotion.

Content doesn't need to be viral-worthy to be shared. Millions of people share links every day without it being viral content. We are not talking about a site jumping to a million hits a day because of a viral video, we're talking about natural promotion of worthy content that adds up over time. Anyone can do that if they create decent content, with personality, with humor, with informative content.

Conran, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  11. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First, don't pay attention to Alexa. It's stats are NOT accurate! Also, it's hard to rank a 6 months old website! You should concentrate on SEO -> Building HIGH PR and HIGH AUTHORITY backlinks -> Guest blogging, Article and Forum marketing are a good ways to do this. Don't forget that Social Bookmarking sites are an excellent way to boost your SERP! :)

patco, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  12. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    My point is content alone, without the links- ISN'T going to get you ranked. That's cold hard facts. IF the content get's shared, of course, this is natural linking working at its best and improvements in SERPS will be noted. My major point would be that if you own an Ecommerce site, which sells a perfectly good - but far from exciting/interesting product- you simply aren't going to get those links. No matter how good content is, if you don't get links (either naturally as outlined by yourself, or by any other method) it's NOT going to rank in a niche with any competition. You can't have the ying without the yang, as they say. Can a site rank without any link building done by the owner? YES. Can ALL site sites in all niches technically succeed with that approach? NO.

WebDev

13. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Products are interesting to those who are buying them, suggesting that products or services are just too boring to be sold imaginatively is one of the biggest misconceptions in e-commerce. You could be selling spark-plugs, but the people buying them are INTERESTED in them, otherwise they would not be there. Certainly, some things are harder to "jazz up" than others, but there is always an opportunity to do something to impress the people who are interested in buying that product.

If you are trying to sell a product that doesn't interest anyone at all, then no amount of linking in the world is going to make you money.

Lets also not forget that someone selling on an e-commerce site should not be relying solely on the product page. There are opportunities to write reviews of that product, comparisons with similar products, potential for pages of advice regarding that product or the theme of the products you sell.

You might not be able to make a product page for face cream funny, inspiring or worth sharing, but you could certainly create a review page with a humorous take on the product and its qualities. That is the kind of page that IS shared, that is the kind of work that DOES gain your site attention.

For example, I could be selling acne cream on a product page, but link that to a funny article on the myths teenagers believe prevent acne. That page will then be shared on Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere, because it's funny, Human, interesting or worthy of some attention in another way. Anyone can create link-bait content if they think outside of the box.

Conran, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  14. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    There's a huge difference between someone being interested/wanting to buy a product, and someone who will naturally link to it as a result - these two scenarios do not go hand in hand.

Your link bait theory, whilst true again in many scenarios, isn't watertight. You could have some great content which people WOULD indeed link to, but if you have no existing backlink profile to begin with- people simply aren't going to find it in the first place - that's why new starters who become totally focused on organic search traffic as opposed to branching out into social channels & other traffic sources struggle so, so much. Amazing content that people would share IS GREAT, but if you're just starting out and not doing anything else to drive traffic and just hoping the content will do it by itself, it won't- people may wanna link to it but they won't find it to know that.

WebDev

Conran likes this.
  15. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh I agree entirely. I'll continue with my example of spark-plugs, a garage owner might be very interested, but who would they want to send a link to? Why would they share it? The opportunity here is to create another page with something interesting or humorous about spark-plugs that they might want to share with their colleagues. It won't always work, of course, but you are increasing your chances of having content shared. No one can ever force someone to share that content, but you have to have the content there to begin with to even stand a chance.

Again I agree, but this is where the seeding process takes place. I would start a site and add a few links here and there to gain some attention, but then focus on promoting the site to the right audience. I wouldn't be out there spamming my links all over the place hoping to get attention, I would pay for an advertisement in a trade magazine and then create content encouraging those visitors to sign up to a mailing list or offer something in exchange for their continued attention.

I think we agree that links can help a site, that goes without saying. But I believe having the content worthy of sharing on the site when they get there is what is ultimately going to keep the site increasing its reach with the relevant audience.

Conran, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  16. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you trying to rank a competitive keyword ? Did you hired someone to do link building?

blogdum, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  17. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    you know content is king and seo is queen you should look at both aspect of seo. on as well as off page . but your major focus should be at off page.

Matt Alen, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  18. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    To get SERP of your website, there are many factors need to be analyzed, but in mind point of view competition for a keyword matters most. Check if your keywords have much competition, if yes then exchange them with lower competitive ones. Do onpage and remove site errors. Offpage with good strategies will ensure ranking. Best of luck! www.easymedianetwork.com

emn, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  19. shaamblaze

shaamblaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Increase your content frequency start building links from authority sites like guest blogging which works better and partially use your keywords instead focusing on exact keywords don't forget to submit on social bookmarking sites and blog comments (comment on your relevant blogs) before starting this process make sure to check your Onpage Optimization

shaamblaze, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  20. Getawab

Getawab Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what keywords are you targeting. Is it too competitive if yes then it takes time to rank in google. You have to optimize your site build backlinks "quality not quantity".

Getawab, Nov 8, 2013 IP