1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to create responsive css???

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sandip007, Oct 28, 2013.

how to create responsive css???

sandip007, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    deathshadow, Oct 29, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. webtecmart

webtecmart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I read it. It helps me lot. Thanks.

webtecmart, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  4. Peter Hunt

Peter Hunt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Separating by @ media element for each and every section of website.

Peter Hunt, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  5. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    you needs to be use media queries with mobile screen size css style.

creativewebmaster, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  6. Taggr

Taggr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can do this yourself by using media queries but one of the quickest ways is to use a mobile first framework like twitter bootstrap or Foundation 4.

Taggr, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  7. rober7

rober7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use a framework like bootstrap ...

rober7, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  8. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    @rober7 and @Taggr -- oh yeah, great way to bend yourself over the table and plow your own ***. Idiotic halfwit presentational use of classes tied to fat bloated libraries is SUCH a great way to build a website... NOT!

Seriously, how the blue blazes is anyone DUMB ENOUGH to see ANY merit in that garbage which makes you write more code, waste time learning things that are redundant to just using CSS normally, and on the whole advocates some of the worst practices in web development?!? Just what the devil is in the kool-aid?

deathshadow, Nov 3, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and ryan_uk like this.
  9. Taggr

Taggr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Calm down a little. I offered my opinion and your response is a little over the top and resorting to personal attacks by calling me an idiot is going to far...

Frameworks like bootstrap and foundation are the quickest and easiest ways to get a responsive website off the ground, especially for developers that do not do much front-end work. For smaller websites they are bloated but they offer the ability to strip them down to the bits you need. No one is telling you to use the whole framework. Personally I only use the column and responsive structure from bootstrap since, in my opinion it offers a nice responsive grid.
    If you was to hand code the grid yourself it would come out very similar by using floats and margins and the amount of CSS would not be much different.

If you don't like frameworks then you don't like them but it is not fair to push your personal preferences onto other people by insulting them. We are all adults and capable of making our own decisions.

Taggr, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  10. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I read through @deathshadow 's post and didn't see anywhere where he called you an idiot, he is saying frameworks such as bootstrap are "idiotic"..which of course is absolutely spot on.

malky66, Nov 4, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. Milen Grigorov

Milen Grigorov Peon

Best Answers:
    CSS frameworks are not bad, but some people just don't like to use them, so everyone can decide for himself to use or not to a CSS framework (960grid, bootstrap etc...)
    Personally i prefer to write clean CSS without any frameworks, but sometimes it's very heavy job to do it, with CSS framework you make your work a lot easier and faster.
    About responsive design of a website i prefer @media queries with fluid layout using %'s to calculate the element's positions

Milen Grigorov, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  12. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

NO, because I am sick to DEATH of broken inaccessible slow loading websites. I'm not rocking a 25mbps connection to have it behave like 33.6k dialup! I'm SICK of cleaning up other people's messes because they use these halfwit broken dumbass sleazeball shortcuts.

ESPECIALLY with the outright LIES repeatedly propagated about them like "easier, faster, quicker" which are the polar opposite of reality. It's like the dipshits who came up with this crap throw those glittering generalities on there, hook in a bit of transfer and testimonial, and BOOM people magically believe it regardless of if anything remotely resembling facts supports it or not! Generally speaking it seems like the people singing the praises of web development frameworks don't know enough about HTML, CSS, Scripting, semantic markup, progressive enhancement, graceful degradation, accessibility minimums, or any of a dozen other thing that should be considered "Must have" to be qualified to say if these "frameworks" are worth it or not!

Developers are dumber for this type of idiotic SLOWER TO DEVELOP (if you bother learning semantic markup, separation of presentation from content, accessibility minimums, yada, yada, yada) garbage even existing, and it should be the job of any sane developer to warn beginners away from that CRAP the same way you warn them away from other broken halfwit methodologies like WYSIWYG editors, tables for layout, starting out from some goofy PSD, and so forth.

... and that explains a LOT of your thinking -- another broken/flawed/garbage methodology that should be pitched in the trash, and on the whole reeks of screwing around with layout before you have semantically marked up content (or at least a reasonable facsimile); same as the dumbass approach of the folks who dick around drawing pretty pictures in Photoshop and having the cojónes to call themselves "designers" when they don't know enough about accessibility, emissive colourspace, html or CSS to be designing jack ****!

Grids... just more crap that encourages to sleaze design elements into websites that have no real business on a site in the first place.

If you think something like prototype is saving you time, you might want to go back and actually LEARN CSS... and HTML... and semantic markup... Right now there seems to be this noodle-doodle BS garbage floating around where folks seem to think WRITING more code that's relying on even MORE code you didn't write somehow makes life "easier" or lets you develop "faster" -- and it's the biggest crock of manure this side of a rose farm.

deathshadow, Nov 5, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. sahej singh

sahej singh Member

Best Answers:
    search on google

sahej singh, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  14. Shikha Merigi

Shikha Merigi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    By applying media queries according to various screen resolutions.

Shikha Merigi, Dec 16, 2013 IP