1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What shall I do?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by eric_wahlberg, Oct 7, 2013.

Hi,

I am Seo cum Content Writer and recently have started working for Indian Clients.

Indian Clients are ready to give me work, but they say that they will pay after approving content.

I have worked with 4 Indian clients like this and nobody pays after approval?

Please tell me what shall I do, shall I ask payment in advance or work like this?

Please guide.It is adding me lot of resentment.

eric_wahlberg, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the problem in working with indian clients is that because of weak legal options, they are generally wary of paying before work. so they consider it safer to pay after work.

it is nothing to be much worried about, however, do small work, and get paid for it, frauds, if any, generally reveal themselves in first payment itself.

also, in case you are having such a 100% scam rate, maybe you should stick to 50% advance first, because you are a horrible judge of character ( nothing personal, just stating a fact, better safe then sorry.)

competent123, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So you have worked for 4 Indian clients and all 4 have failed to pay, that's a 100% scam rate, simple answer...don't work for Indians.

malky66, Oct 7, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and kingofking like this.
  4. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    Professional doctors and lawyers ask for a retainer fee up front

Technical service people Ask for an evaluation fee up front

Why not ask for a "research" fee upfront

DEBooks, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have you checked to see if the four "clients" are actually using the content that they did not pay you for? Or is it possible that they simply did not like the content that you developed? The answer to these questions will provide additional insight into the problems you are having.

jrbiz, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  6. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I also thought that maybe they were not happy with your work. Did they contact you after you sent their projects and told you why they are not paying? If they just disappeared, they probably did scam you... I have worked with indian clients before, I don't think scamming has anything to do with nationality, it goes on everywhere. You just have to investigate the background of the people, have them in skype, know their contact details, etc.

syda, Oct 7, 2013 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  7. Eden Garden

Eden Garden Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Rules + Regulations - Relationships = Resentment + Rebellion.

Eden Garden, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If this is indicative of the *quality* of your content, I wouldn't pay you either....and I'm not from India.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 28, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and jrbiz like this.
  9. rayalfy

rayalfy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Spoiltdiva give the guy a break. His experience is a legitimate concern when doing business across across borders.Personally i would suggest using an escrow service.

rayalfy, Oct 29, 2013 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd avoid...
    Still you can ask to be paid daily for small amounts of content and see how it goes.

As said above, did you check if the content for the previous 4 clients of yours is currently in use?
    Most likely (in my opinion) it will be! ... = scam

abraxas, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    My observation is legitimate. Personally I would suggest that you stop feeling sorry for him and suggest that he improve his command of English. Advice like yours solves next to nothing, and isn't helpful. An escrow service, no......an English course is what he needs.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 29, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  12. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, India is a global hub of poor content and scammers when it comes to SEO and text services. They flood forums looking for work, because they claim that they can create decent content for $1 people are sucked in. In reality, they are stealing that content from other sites, spinning the same nonsense over and over again, or just running away with the money.
    It sounds to me as if they are using you for free content, which they then pass-off as their own without paying you.

I would also agree with Spoiltdiva, you cannot be providing text services in English without basic English skills. I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but it's the truth. Good quality writing comes at a cost, and it needs to be good to command that fee. If you are creating text to the standard of your post then I would suggest looking into what other services you could provide other than English text.

Conran, Oct 29, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. rayalfy

Best Answers:
    @Spoiltdiva @Conran .I dont disagree with your sentiments. Infact they are correct. What i was emphasizing is when dealing with online clients,you need a way to protect yourself from scammers and thats where an escrow service comes in. Of course you have to be competent in the services you are offering for you to distinguish yourself as a proffessional.

rayalfy, Oct 29, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    On another thread there was a discussion about the potential need for forums in languages other than English. It could be that the OP needs to focus on providing such services in his native language to local businesses.

jrbiz, Oct 30, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and sarahk like this.
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    You also need to know how to spell, that would be "professional".;)

Spoiltdiva, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  16. rayalfy

Best Answers:
    Ok. Got me

rayalfy, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  17. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to be harsh, but you English writing skills are poor. I would put writing like that on any of my web sites or client sites.

averyz, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  18. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    Their are freelancer websites, that charge a very minimum Fees, try using them on project basic.

In these sites clients have to make a advance payment for the project client creates, This money is held by the website.
    As worker you will only get money when job is finished and approved by Client.

If Client says you have not delivered what he asked for these website have case resolving teams too.
    But usually as client provided all the information what he was after and you delivered according to the requirements , chances you get your money.

Note : Make sure you do all the conversation and project delivery through these website only, anything done outside, is not covered in conversation.

manish_khanna, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  19. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    @eric_wahlberg I think you should ask yourself, being from India, about how to work with Indian clients.
    @jrbiz @competent123 @malky66 @syda Did any of you realize that the original poster is FROM India?
    @rayalfy No one "got you" (as in, showed superiority over you) in this thread. Au contraire, mon...
    @Spoiltdiva how do you spell the rest of the above expression? :p

aidanriley629, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  20. Alan E

Alan E Member

Best Answers:
    If I can "Like" this comment, I would.

Alan E, Oct 31, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.