1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would you market this?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by PhiladelphiaIM, Oct 29, 2013.

Let's say you have a budget of $5,000 (to start) and you're marketing an e-commerce site through which you sell specialty whole bean and ground coffee. What would be some of your initial marketing/advertising ideas? I'm hoping to hear suggestions and get some different perspectives for a project I'm working on.

Your input is appreciated. :)

PhiladelphiaIM, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  2. bordello

bordello Notable Member

Best Answers:
    rather than wasting time on SEO, I would invest in video testiomonials and try to spread as much as I can

bordello, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  3. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    you have very huge amount in your hand.
    seo is a 1st and much important step to start promoting your business. you need some extra medium too, like t.v and newspapers.:confused:

Matt Alen, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  4. Qura-tul-Ain

Qura-tul-Ain Active Member

Best Answers:
    First I'll put answer to the following questions on a piece of paper
    So are you selling retail or wholesale? Demographically where is your target market located?

Then I'll distribute the advertising expense (in order of priority)
    1- Search Engine Marketing (Google adwords)
    2- Social Media Marketing - Setting up Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Linkedin pages and some unique content like articles, pictures, videos shared across all these platforms
    3- Facebook ads directing to website instead of facebook page
    4- SEO - This will eventually help me get the most sales but for a new ecommerce site, since that isn't going to happen I'll keep doing this in the background.
    5- Newsletter only offers. Asking users to subscribe to the list for some discounts and actually rewarding them as well.

I just scribbled what came into my mind from the top of my head. Hope it was helpful for your brain storming :)

Qura-tul-Ain, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  5. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    social media has turned himself much powerful tool for advertisement.
    SMM is one option you should look for.

6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Comments like this belong in Adult forum, not here.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Oct 30, 2013 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  7. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    keep your mind clear from such understanding!!!!!!:eek:

8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    It's all about the use of semantics. When one is writing in a foreign language ( I am presuming that English is not your 1st language), one needs to be mindful and understand that writing clearly will eliminate misunderstandings, or setting yourself up for mockery.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

I have an acquaintance who has a thriving coffee business. His loyal customers do not come from the internet. It's person to person connections that have been growing his business.

You need to reach out to local coffee shops or grocery stores in your area first. If you can put your coffee in your local grocery stores (or at least one store) it will do you just as much good (or more) as trying to spend your $5000 on online advertising, except with local coffee shops you won't need to spend those $5000.

qwikad.com, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  10. jeanverti

jeanverti Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It really depends if it is B2B or B2C e-commerce.

jeanverti, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  11. The Marketing Guy

The Marketing Guy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would try to get the word spread out as quickly as possible. Open accounts with all the major social networks and sites (twitter, facebook, google plus, linkedin, etc) . Post consistent content on these and make sure you engage with your fans. Run competitions and offer incentives for following or liking your page. Use Facebook Ads and Google Adwords as well.

Open up a Youtube Channel and start making videos and create appealing videos that people would want to watch. This would get people coming in no time.

The Marketing Guy, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  12. The Marketing Guy

The Marketing Guy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would try to get the word spread out as quickly as possible. Open accounts with all the major social networks and sites (twitter, facebook, google plus, linkedin, etc) . Post consistent content on these and make sure you engage with your fans. Run competitions and offer incentives for following or liking your page. Use Facebook Ads and Google Adwords as well.

Open up a Youtube Channel and start making videos and create appealing videos that people would want to watch. This would get people coming in no time.

The Marketing Guy, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  13. Cyberchoices

Cyberchoices Active Member

Best Answers:
    In this order:
    1. Create an optimized website with video
    2. Send a few high PR links to site
    3. Use Synnd.com to create social buzz, video distribution and a few links
    4. Local newspaper advertizing if appropriate
    5. Major press release to announce launch
    6. Major press release to announce results of launch
    Hope this helps
    Ray

Cyberchoices, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  14. rayalfy

rayalfy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Talking about lost in translation

rayalfy, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  15. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    Completely agree. I'd like to add that this applies to writing in your native tongue as well, hahaha.

Although I can speak English and understand it fluently, English isn't my first language either, so I can obviously relate to speaking a foreign language; however, I've also written things in my native language that have been either incomprehensible, misleading, or really funny because of possible interpretations of certain words, none of which was intentional.

Nevertheless, I got a kick out of both what he said, what you replied, his reply to your reply, and your reply to, uhh. Now I'm lost.

Nevertheless, I got a kick out of this thread.
    #I'll_stop_derailing_now

aidanriley629, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    English is not my 1st language but I do o.k. How about you, any issues with the language, perhaps reading comprehension issues?;)
    P.S. I did enjoy how you spelt the word professional on that thread the other day ( your spelling was "proffessional")

Spoiltdiva, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  17. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol

averyz, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  18. IMServicesLtd

IMServicesLtd Member

Best Answers:
    Those suggesting you do SEO are crazy. Assuming you want to be selling wholesale, that's going to get you nowhere. Costa Coffee is one of the biggest in the world, but there are several others, and you're not going to get past them in SEO. As another said, I would concentrate on local shops and cafes in your area. See if they're willing to trial your product. If their customers are loving it, then they'll come back to you. More customers will go there more frequently for the best coffee and hence you'll receive more orders. You need very little budget in promoting such a small and niche company, and sometimes online promotion isn't the best way to do it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    IMServicesLtd, Oct 31, 2013 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  19. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    $5k is not a lot of money, so you need to plan well with your limited budget. Here's how i would have spent it.
    1) Content - You must have some good content on your site. Start a blog and keep atleast $500 for some informational content - like how, whole bean or ground coffee is helpful.
    2) Get some infographics - infographics spread better than any other form of content in the internet. Keep $500 to $1500 aside for this.
    3) Get some guest posts - for $1k to $2k, you can target a lot of high quality blogs like huffpost, mashable, lifehacker, independent, nytimes etc.
    4) Whatever left - Do PPC with it. You can try adwords, or perhaps a CPA model might be more helpful since you are selling.

Also, before you get started - make sure to do the basics first. Make social profiles for your site and integrate it well. Get a list, aweber should be a good choice.

uttoransen, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  20. rayalfy

rayalfy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am in my comfort zone as far as english is concerned. Typing using a mobile device during rush hour bedlam may not bring your your best work foward. Anyway you are officially crowned English Police

rayalfy, Nov 1, 2013 IP