1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for long term software reviewers (native english speakers)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by vexx, Oct 29, 2013.

We're looking on hiring several software reviewers for our site, mainly Windows programs. Keep in mind I'm not looking for Ezine type articles. Details below..

Requirements:
    - native English speakers only
    - payment will be made via PayPal
    - high quality reviews, try to do match or do better than our current reviews at http://www.filecluster.com/reviews/
    - reviews must be 100% original and pass copyscape
    - you must have experience in writing software articles
    - if your grammar is not very good, please don't waste both our time
    - you must install the programs, test them, and take 3- 4 screen shots
    - the review must have around 500 words or close by
    - minimum 5 reviews per week
    - you'll have to do a test review but it will not paid in advance
    - if the test review will be published, it will be paid
    - further details or questions via PM

Price: 8 USD / review (500 words)
    Available work: more than 2,000 programs awaiting review, with more afterwards.
    As I said in the description, this is a long term job and we're looking for serious and commited applicants. I have not yet terminated a collaboration with any reviewer except on terms of quality.

If you're interested and meet the requirements, PM me and we can take this further.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    vexx, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  2. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I could accept your price if you have a lot of reviews you need done, but installing the software and taking the photos is a deal breaker. I don't know if you realize how much time that would require. It adds up. Time is money.

Also, only amateur writers will do a "test" article on spec.

Graphicsfx, Oct 29, 2013 IP
    Vera likes this.
  3. swordude

swordude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wouldn't say his rate is unfair at all. Installing most software, briefly looking over the features, taking a few screens, and then writing a 500 word review isn't that difficult. Plus, with over 2,000 programs to review, that's pretty much a freelancers dream come true. Trust me, I hate lowballers as much as anyone else, but this is a pretty legitimate deal in my opinion.

swordude, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  4. pamon

pamon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    but 1.5 cents/word isn't bad for the writing. but installing and screen shots make it tough for the $$. best of luck to those chosen

pamon, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  5. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No offense, but there is a bit more to it than briefly looking over the features to be able to write an accurate and good quality review. To do the job properly will take time. Simplify it the way you wrote, one wouldn't need to actually install the software and become familiar with it. A person could just read the products website, search for other reviews and grab images from somewhere. Reviewers would end up fudging the review to leave the impression that they actually did review the software. That never works out well for the reviewer or the client.

TextServices, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  6. swordude

swordude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Non taken, I personally do software reviews and have had no complaints about my work. It doesn't take me a whole lot of time, the review is accurate, and the pay is similar to this job (in-fact the details are similar as well).

swordude, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  7. Vera

Vera Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi! You say there is a minimum of 5 reviews per week. Is there a maximum? Thanks

Vera, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  8. Greg B

Greg B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Vexx is being fair. Dropped you another not buddy. I've done this kind of work before and it's fun and easy once you have your procedures down pat. Each writer is different regarding pace though. You want to make sure you look at all the main features to give an honest review. I've found awesome software this way. Stuff you wouldn't otherwise know existed. Mind you it calls for a professional mindset to produce the quality needed. Fair is fair in the review and that brings surfers back again and again as they'll see there's no sugar coating going on.

Greg B, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  9. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, I will say that $8 is more than what the "average" client here is willing to shell out of their pockets for content per 500 words, so I can't argue with that.

As another said though:
    That's where it gets me. Some programs will run easy, you'll go through the features really quick and be done with it. This is assuming, that no programs have compatibility issues, there's no trouble installing any of them, etc. I'm going to assume that a lot of the software here are from independent developers so it's not like you'll be installing mainstream programs and testing them out.

I wish you the best of luck though, the price is more than what the majority of cheap-skates on here are willing to pay or want to pay.

coreygeer, Oct 30, 2013 IP