1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Tips Discussion

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ryandaniels2013, Oct 27, 2013.

Hi, Since I'm new here, I just think it will be good (also requested by other members) to start a tips thread where everybody can post their favourite tip regarding seo, this will help every newbie or expert in this field.

I'll get the ball rowling....

My Tip (Ryan) - It's quite basic but through experience, don't buy these silly offers of 5000, 10000 backlinks, as they will just not affect your rankings, get quality links and write quality content, as I like to put it "The best SEO in the world is naturally written content for people, not for search engines"

What do you think of the tip above and please share you favourite tips....

ryandaniels2013, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    Senobia likes this.
  2. Cyberchoices

Cyberchoices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Ryan, I agree with your tip on how not to do backlink building. My tip is to focus on getting high PR links on relevant sites.

Cyberchoices, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  3. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree good quality content and good keyword research in time you will get traffic.

kb24, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  4. love2all

love2all Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, buying thousands of random backlinks may harm to the Site, but few and strong backlinks from relevant niche sites are good for search engine ranking.
    No doubt for unique and quality content, its best in all aspects. :)

love2all, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  5. toonkaboom

toonkaboom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree
    I agree with you!

toonkaboom, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  6. alphaomegalady

alphaomegalady Member

Best Answers:
    How do you manage to get links from high PR sites? Any tips?

alphaomegalady, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  7. princysharma1990

princysharma1990 Member

Best Answers:
    Completely agreed. Content is the king to SEO so a quality and unique content is the first and foremost requirement for SEO.

princysharma1990, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  8. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good Quality Content is the best process for This type of SEO markets and mostly search engine consider unique and informative details so that is the best option.

SASA Techno, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  9. ryandaniels2013

ryandaniels2013 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well I recommend you write press releases and submit them to news sites with a link to your site. To get the best results make sure your content is well written so you can get journalist attention.

I think you should get a good freelancer to write for you and then maybe get it posted into good news sites e.g. Google News, there were some people on here offering that service.

ryandaniels2013, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  10. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Here's how you get some links from high PR sites while using your time intelligently. Do this and you will be working smarter than 99% of the marketers out there :)

Do a Google search for a keyword you'd like to rank for.

Check the backlinks to those sites using any tools you have access to. The best tools are ahrefs, Majestic SEO and Seo Spyglass, in that order.

Ideally, use all three – cos they all pick up some that the others miss. But ahrefs gets tons more than either of the other two tools.

These tools also analyse the back links. So do that, and sort the back links pages into descending order by page rank.

So now you know the best sites giving back links to all of the top 10 – who rank for the keyword you'd like to rank for.

Now look through those top links and see which of them are from places that you are able to get backlinks yourself.

For example, if one of them is from a forum then join the forum, fill your profile out, make a few posts and then drop in a backlink to your site when appropriate.

This is a great way to focus your attention, maximise the use of your time, and get some outstanding backlinks to your site.

Outsourcing
    If it's too boring for you then get the high page rank backlinks sites and give the job to an outsourcer.

I hope you realise the power of this method which is really pretty simple - and, you must admit, pretty obvious now I've told you about it :)

But hardly anyone follows it through.

Best wishes and I hope you use it.

Malc

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    malcsimm, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  11. ryandaniels2013

Best Answers:
    First of all I would like to thank Malc for such a helpful and informative post. I must admit I am probably one out of the 99% who didn't use this trick probably due to me being relatively new to SEO. Thanks Malc for helping me and all others for releasing such a simple but effective tip!

malcsimm likes this.
  12. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    U R welcome, Ryan. If you use this method now - you will be using it a lot earlier than I did in my IM career! LOL

Good luck and I hope it works for you :) (Well it deffo will if you use it !)

M

13. MadzcoHosting

MadzcoHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes! One thing I believe that helps (I do see the questions in my stats from people searching) is to write the beginning of your articles like Jeopardy questions.

Most people don't search for "Harry+potter+books+for+sale+" They search for things like "Where is the best place to buy harry potter books?"

MadzcoHosting, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  14. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    That's a good point madzco - first, that people search using questions, often: second that you can see some of these questions in your own stats.

A third point is that Google KW Planner (the old KW Tool) actually strips the questions out of its search results.

(In fact, GKWP only gives the top 10% of searches anyway - 90% are chopped. If you don't believe me, try searching for "buy" an you get fewer than 800 searches per month including that word. Which is clearly rubbish.)

Anyway, I digress :)

Questions are cool to go for :)

15. ryandaniels2013

Best Answers:
    Hi Malc, so what do you suggest we use for keyword research?

16. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Stay far away from poorly written content and low-end content providers. If you don't have the money to pay a qualified content writer to create your material for you then focus on learning how to write so that you can do it yourself.

It's all about quality, not quantity. So what you can get a guy from India to write (read: butcher) up 1,000 articles for you at the super affordable rate of just $10. All you've accomplished by doing that is screwing yourself out of a decent page rank.......plus you've paid $10 for the pleasure.

Senobia, Oct 28, 2013 IP
    Nusaint likes this.
  17. MadzcoHosting

MadzcoHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I prefer to run my own self hosted stats programs because of this!

MadzcoHosting, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  18. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Hey Ryan - good question!

The deal is that Google keyword research planner butchers the results so that it only gives you rubbish results – first it eliminates 90% of all of them, and secondly it eliminates all the questions that people ask. What use is that? LOL

I appreciate they are trying to stop spammers reverse engineering their search results. And that reduces the huge profits that they have which they can then hide in Ireland and the Caribbean - haha!

But nevertheless we sensible marketers need to be more clever about how we find our keywords. :)

Google Suggest
    A great way to start off your keyword research is to type a search phrase into Google and then see the 10 suggestions that Google makes to complete your search. Imagine you could those 10 suggestions and then type in another search phrase and copy and paste those 10 suggestions.

This is what a Google suggest "scraper" does. Now, don't panic – this is not black hat. It's just a way of collecting search terms that you know people are actually using.

You have three options here for collecting Google suggest search terms.
    1. Scrapebox. This is not for the fainthearted. It's got a learning curve. But is IS a cool tool.
    2. SE Cockpit. $97 a month – ouch!
    3. Super Suggester. Nice and simple and cheap. This is a great tool which scrapes Google suggest brilliantly. Here is a review on my blog:
    http://heymalc.com/best-keyword-research-tool

Here's an example of how I use Super Suggester.

Google KW Planner vs Super Suggester
    Let's take the seed keyword "buy". Go to Google Keywords Planner and I get 600 suggestions. Well that's rubbish isn't it – 600 people searching using phrases including the word "buy" in a month?

Obviously a huge under-estimate. That's because Google throttles your results.

Put the same search term into Super Suggester – 7000 results. That's a bit more like it!

Search Volume
    Okay – now you have the keyword phrases, you want some idea of search volume on each phrase - so you can consider the ones with most searches.

Google Keywords Planner will do that for you but limits you to 200 at a time. Fine if you have 20 or 400.

If you have a lot more than 200 you might like to use Market Samurai. The free version can get you up to 2000 at a time.

Whatever method you use, stick the results in a spreadsheet and sort them by search volume.

Now you have a list of keyword phrases people are actually using sorted by volume.

Is It Really That Easy? Yes!

If you can't find some keyword phrases to go for once you've accumulated this data then you need shooting - LOL.

Happy keyword searching!

This is a really sweet method which most people won't do. It's really simple to carry out and cheep.

Competition?
    All you have to do after this is to work out which keywords are the most/least competitive - that is, which are easiest to rank for.

The commonly used methods are doing this – the Google competition figures, all the various "KEI" figures that paid-for keyword research tools give you are complete sh*t. Really - a waste of time.

Use Google
    How to do this manually and for free I describe in this post:
    http://heymalc.com/the-best-how-to-keyword-research-tool-and-its-free

It's basically a matter of doing two Google searches and then comparing the results. The fewer results in the top 10 which overlap (in the two searcheds), the easier it is to rank for that keyword.

When you find a KW with little overlap: you are cooking!!!

I hope this helps! And maybe stimulates some thoughts.

Feel free to ask questions.

Malc

19. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Sorry mate - I think you miss the point.

Google doesn't throttle your stats on Analytics: it thottles the results when using Google Keyword Planner.

:)

So it's a matter of using G for analytics OK: but not relying on them for keyword research.

Cheers!

20. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is hard to just provide one or two good tips I saw this post today on my Twitter feed with over 40 decent tips, worth a look as some good nuggets of advice - http://prosperitymedia.com.au/seo-tips-2014/

But if I had to give one tip it would be make sure you are careful with your link profile, never link too many commercial anchor text to the home page it is only been dangerous.

Connections, Oct 29, 2013 IP