1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Invalid clicks

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by mikasund, Oct 22, 2013.

I read on the net many people are nervous when they have accidentally clicked their own Adsense ads once.

There is no need to be nervous. I have accidentally clicked my own ads 6 times, and still received my payment of 300$ today.

The clicks were over a period of 2.5 months, from the day I started my Adsense account to now when I got my first payment.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    mikasund, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So you scammed those advertisers that paid for those 6 clicks. What a low life scammer and fraudster you are..

Agent000, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  3. mikasund

mikasund Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't scam anyone. A few clicks was accidentally and one because I was interested in the product the ad was about.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    mikasund, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  4. Agent000

Best Answers:
    You scammed those small hardworking businesses that paid for the clicks on adverts and got nothing in return for it. How do you think they fell about that?
    First you said 6 clicks, now its "A few clicks"

Then you said "accidentally" and now you saying "some because I was interested in the product the ad was about"

You agreed in the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you joined that you would report any accidental clicks - you obviously did not do that and are here boasting about getting paid for them.

Its too late, I have reported your site to Adsense with a link to this thread. You need to be removed from the ecosystem.

Arick unirow, ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    lol...look at me, I defrauded Google and now i'm boasting about it on one of the biggest webmaster forums on the internet...what a jerk:rolleyes:

malky66, Oct 23, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.
  6. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    What 6 times!!!!!!!!

adsenseplr, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  7. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never ever clicked my ads be it intentionally or by accident.
    Actually, once from my pc, BUT NOT ON MY SITES, my gf clicked by mistake one adwords ad somewhere...which is nothing of course since it was not my Adsense.

But 6 clicks across your own adsense doesn't sound good! Just be very careful and even if you want to see some ad of real interest to you, simply type in the URL into your browser, but do not click the exact ad.

Do not want to scare you, but even if you got your recent payment, I doubt you will get away with these 6 clicks.... :(
    Hope you will of course :) Still adsense isn't that effective nowadays, so just move on if you get banned.
    Good luck :)

abraxas, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  8. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Its not actually Google they defrauded; it the small hard working real people who work hard for a living that pay for the adverts that got defrauded.

9. HomeBlogger

HomeBlogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just curious, are you one of those small hard working real people? You sound so upset.

HomeBlogger, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  10. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Yes. I and a lot of people pay good money for Adwords. Do you like being scammed?

ryan_uk likes this.
  11. HomeBlogger

HomeBlogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Of course not, I won't like it either. In fact I used Adwords in the past and I spent a decent amount of money for some clicks but I'd say the convertion rate was pretty good.

However, I don't agree with you on the fact that you only blame those low lifers out there who click their own ads, and you don't blame the giant itself. Google should definitely do something about fraud clicks, maybe an automated system that won't charge advertisers for those clicks, because I don't think someone will report himself to Google if he clicked his own ads, intentionally.

HomeBlogger, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  12. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Do you seriously think that Google doesn't try to detect click fraud? That it doesn't have systems in place? Of course it doesn't.

You can't blame Google, but the idiots who go out and commit fraud. Google isn't telling them to do it (but instead the opposite).

With regards to the OP, he should report the "accidental clicks" to cover himself in case any further analysis detects them as fraudulent. If someone wants to be able to check the ads on their site safely, Google provided a tool for this already:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...mioeahgfecgfpfldejlnideemfidnkc/details?hl=en

ryan_uk, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  13. Agent000

Best Answers:
    I now see that the OP's site has either now been banned from Adsense or they have removed the Adsense code from the site (or both) .... mission accomplished.

Agent000, Oct 26, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  14. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed - one or two clicks is accidental but 6? And noting the number down as well?

adsenseplr, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  15. mikasund

mikasund Member

Best Answers:
    The time period was over almost 2,5 months, since I started my account, and I am not sure it was as many as 6 clicks.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    mikasund, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  16. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but do you really think they allow you so many clicks grace per month? Doubt it, as their duty of care is to protect their advertisers so each one will have been logged.

adsenseplr, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  17. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is better to write an email to adsense regarding this invalid click so they credit back advertiser. Even for a one click, really matter your behaviour.

Webcenter, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  18. shurman

shurman Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, I also use to report all my self clicks.

shurman, Nov 5, 2013 IP