1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug DP Market transaction reversal leads to seller loss

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by okitoo.net, Oct 22, 2013.

I was selling a poker script here and removed it from the market now for the following reason :

I have sold only one copy of this script in digitalpoint at price of $130, and digitalpoint took $25 as a commission. today I receive and email from paypal that the transaction has been reversed because it was not authorized by the original buyer (as it was authorized by DP). this lead to a 100% refund for the buyer (without any prior notice) + $5 processing fees . on top of that the $25 from DP are not recovered (at lest automatically) though DP system (not admins yet) does know about the reversal . this lead to loss of $30 in only one transaction (imagine if there were 100 ?) (though me and the buyer were chatting and set everything up with the script and from that date till today he never contacted me again regarding any problem + i am 24/7 online on skype and still have him in contact list) .

i don't know if this is a bug from DP (authorization of payment ?) or DP does not give you back the commission in case th transaction was reversed.

I hope DP will see this thread and do something about it. till then my product is off of here.

Thanks

okitoo.net, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not "as designed". What is the original transaction ID?

digitalpoint, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  3. okitoo.net

okitoo.net Member

Best Answers:
    8P0601943K922423V
    thats the one from my account to DP
    you should automate this bro

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Unfortunately the way PayPal works, it can't be 100% automated because of how PayPal's whole dispute and reversal process works. Often a transaction gets reversed while PayPal checks it out on their end and the "unreversed" later when they conclude whatever they were looking at. Since PayPal has no mechanism to "unreverse" a refund, it's just not possible (although wish there was).

5. okitoo.net

okitoo.net Member

Best Answers:
    didn't know that, thanks for the info :)

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    PayPal is a bit idiotic when it comes to this... They don't allow a normal refund because the original transaction was more than 60 days ago, so a couple things we can do. I can send you the money normally just as a transaction (but PayPal would end up charging it's normal fees since it's a new incoming payment). The other option is we can refund the fees with a normal refund after your next sale if you want. It's up to you, so just let me know...

7. okitoo.net

okitoo.net Member

Best Answers:
    or if possible to use them for advertising on DP would be great, need to get some users for noczone.com once we're 100% finished with it :)

8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It has been credited to your advertising account.