1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Is This A Joke..

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by slim, Jan 29, 2013.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Because we would prefer people contribute something useful to the site, rather than money. The premium membership option is just a plan B for those who really don't have the time or ability to contribute anything useful, it allows them to still conduct business and use the Buy/Sell/Trade area. There are no other established member benefits that prevent you from using the site normally.

All positive rep you had in the old system was converted into likes (there were over 16,000 users that were established on day 1).

In reality the same underlying concept is unchanged. Buy/Sell/Trade was *always* from it's inception intended strictly as a benefit for good users of the site. Before users had to wait a minimum of 2 weeks from signup to post anything there no matter *how* good of a user they were in that 2 weeks. The new system doesn't change the underlying concept that Buy/Sell/Trade is only intended as a bonus for good users. The only thing that changed is we have a better way to gauge who is a good user.

If you have better ideas for how to gauge the quality of a user, we are always open to suggestions (days since sign up or volume of posts is off the table though... that's how the old system worked that favored quantity over quality).

digitalpoint, Oct 19, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  2. uprentiss

uprentiss Greenhorn

Best Answers:

But it's a faulty system. It is based on if someone likes you way more then it is based on what you contribute. this guy got 3 likes right away for making a complain thread I see tons OF people in the programming forum who is helping people getting no likes for it. so its based on popularity much more then what you contribute, and as for your positive rep thing it is the same way I have not been here in almost 11 months because My wife became pregnant and I had a son and etc. But I helped out as much as I could when I was on. But now at digital point I got to be popular amongst the people to be a real part of a site I was always a part of? Also do not tell me likes is what guages a good uer because all it guages is a popular user

uprentiss, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Agreed... It's far from a perfect measurement, but it's vastly "less bad" than gauging the quality of a user based on the number of days they have been a user.

Saying the existing system is bad without offering suggestions on what would be a better gauge isn't terribly useful since everyone agrees it's not perfect.

digitalpoint, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  4. uprentiss

uprentiss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I haven't said you was not trying all i said was I see other people trying bro and there getting over looked in forums without major activity. I mean with the system you have now. what if you have a group of people or certain people YOU trusted browse the forums every day or once a week or something like that. So that the over looked people can be atleast looked at you know? Also I can understand you wanting contribution on the site and thats great and for the most part everyone here is willing to help someone but there has to be a way for everyone to be looked at the same.

5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As a grown up, you surely have the capacity to step back and think objectively for a moment. Yes, suddenly losing access to something sucks, but it's not the end of the world. It's access to a free service and there isn't a screen demanding a credit card, but instead a requirement to get just three likes. (The adult part of you should be able to understand what the site owner is doing and whilst not perfect is better than the old system where people could make 25 spam posts and then wait 14 days or however long it was. There won't ever be an "ideal system", I think life shows us this.) In another post you mentioned the programming section, well people get likes in there for helping others (I know, I give them out - even though a post doesn't directly benefit me, if it's good quality and useful to someone else - and have seen them given out by other people too, aslo I think someone once mentioned it's one of the sections where most likes are received, but I could be remembering incorrectly).

With a small bit of effort you can be back on your way to B/S/T and doing business.

ryan_uk, Oct 19, 2013 IP
    Fakher, Arick unirow and malky66 like this.
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately you just can't look at everyone the same on a forum this size with the amount of members it has, people have different agendas for being here, some come to help, some come looking for help some come to spam and some come to scam and rip people off, I believe the like system isn't perfect by any means but I for one have noticed a drop in the "spam and scam" merchants since the new system was implemented.

I know it's been said a thousand times before, but getting likes really isn't hard, I've seen new members get established within a day or two of signing up, it's not because they're *popular* it's because people like what they have to say..it really is as simple as that.
    If I see something I like, I click the like button regardless of who it is.

malky66, Oct 19, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk, deathshadow and Arick unirow like this.
  7. uprentiss

uprentiss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It just seemed like you was atacking me bro that is why i said talk to me with respect, because when I address you or anyone else I do it respectfully.

8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sad part is a lot of what people like you and I see as sleazeball scam artists don't even see it in themselves.

It does seem a bit lighter in that department, though I typically stay out of the areas like the entire Business and Marketing area, which is such a hive of scum and villainy I have to fight the urge to vomit every time I read posts in there... as opposed to feeling like a I need a shower after poking my head into "search engines".

Pretty much spot on -- be witty, entertaining, and actually TRY to help people... and try to ignore the jackasses who get their panties in a wad because you dare to give good advice, pissing and moaning about "how you said it". MAYBE bother learning the language the forums is in, bother posting something more than "engrish moist goodry" or endless pointless "me too" idiocy that accounts for some two-thirds of posts on most forums NOBODY gives a flying purple fish about.

deathshadow, Oct 21, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk, malky66 and Arick unirow like this.
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    lol, couldn't have said it better myself...I only go there to report the scum:)

malky66, Oct 22, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.