1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing Help At Home

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by streetcopmillionaire, Oct 15, 2013.

So...I'm hoping that some of the experts here will be able to chime in and help...here's the challenge...

I'm trying to get my wife to opt-in more at home, and would prefer if she'd request the download on her own, and often. Unfortunately, I've tried all sorts of opt-in incentives, and her frequency of download just isn't where I'd like it to be. I've tried one step marketing, two step marketing...and everything in between. I've done online marketing, and my son had her phone, she saw the message and threw the phone at me. Offline marketing hasn't done me any favors yet. I know lots of people split test, but I figure if I go that route, then she'll take me for half, and then the level of downloads will really drop....

So...any advice from the marketing experts on here on how I can increase my opt-in rate???

SCM

streetcopmillionaire, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  2. cwcbiz

cwcbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    What is is exactly you are asking here. Are you trying to promote an online business.....

cwcbiz, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  3. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly how are you ever going to expect any sort or results? i mean any results in which you would gather from that experiment would indicate what? one person, your wife cannot be used as a way to find out the conversion of a given web page. This is something you need to test online with normally an abundance of visitors.

You will not be able to see any type of customer behavior, you just won't gather any proper information doing what you are doing. Creating a web page, and using it on your wife just won't work. You'll need to test the conversion of a given web page on a target audience that are actively searching for you product/service.

I might not be getting what your saying, so in hindsight i apologize, however the way in which you have worded your question, and the subject it's come under has lead me to believe what i have just stated. :)

Adam.jack, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  4. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Any kind of marketing takes some time, in this case you should stick to offline marketing and do it constantly, make the downloads interesting to her. Also, your wife may be too tired by the end of the day to even think about any downloads or opt-in lists, help her out during the day - take the kids to granny's, get takeout instead of having her cook and getting her a bit drunk doesn't hurt either. I bet she will be happy to work on your marketing projects then.

Maybe you should try some incentives, that may work in some cases. Another thing you could try is to offer different kind of downloads, I'm sure she is not interested in downloading the same file over and over again, maybe add a different extension?

syda, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  5. streetcopmillionaire

streetcopmillionaire Active Member

Best Answers:
    LMAO!!! THANK YOU!!!! There is someone on here that 'gets' my humor...I was beginning to get worried!!!!

SCM

streetcopmillionaire, Oct 19, 2013 IP
    syda likes this.
  6. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It is good that it's your humor only and you don't really have that problem :p

syda, Oct 19, 2013 IP