1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Setting up a shared hosting network

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by kks21199, Oct 12, 2013.

Guys, i have bought a dedicated server and have installed virtualmin on it. I have created a private server on the left space to make a shared hosting. Probably less than 10 users.

I have a question, how do you set it up ? Like does WHMCS does all the work or i should set up the users host manually ??

If this is not the correct section, please change it.

Solved! View solution.
    kks21199, Oct 12, 2013 IP
    for me, I have a dedicated server that has cpanel installed. In whmcs, you need to (among other things) add in the server so that it can connect to the server and automatically create accounts. You need to (on both server and whmcs) add in packages for your users to sign up to. For each package will have a link / url which you then put on your front end so that users can select that package when they signup.

Once everything is setup, when a client signs up and pays, their account is created and they get login details automatically. As well you can use email forwarding / email piping so that all emails show up as support tickets in whmcs.

WHMCS support is ok, you can send them a message anytime you get stuck or have issues that you cant solve. It does take time to learn your way around whmcs, dont rush it, just take your time to get familiar with it.

matt_62, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  3. kks21199

kks21199 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Do you think it is possible with virtualmin ?

kks21199, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think so. In whmcs, when you add in a server, there is a drop down list, and virtualmin is an available option. Seems to be a LARGE list of options (inlcuding cpanel and virtualmin) however, I have only had experience on cpanel.

matt_62, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  5. MyBB Hoster

MyBB Hoster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is possible for WHMCS to auto create your accounts in Virtualmin. Do the same as you would if using cPanel and make sure that the packages text are the same in WHMCS and Virtualmin.(Case Sensitive) I am assuming you have done this before with cPanel.

MyBB Hoster, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  6. Rozeweb

Rozeweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes WHMCS create accounts automatically and manage all billing.. :)

Rozeweb, Oct 13, 2013 IP