1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Increase Organic Search Traffic to my Blog

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by emilystephi, Oct 8, 2013.

I have a blog.. Its completely filled with images (video content soon)... Updating frequently (weekly basis)....
    Now i get decent number of traffic from my social & direct!!! However, i am not getting enough traffic from organic search...

Can anyone suggest me some good solutions or ideas that can increase my organic search results ??? You can come with changes that can do on-page or any promotional activities!!!

Your suggestions/strategy/approach - everything welcome!!!!

Blog Link - http://fastrack.in/blog/

emilystephi, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  2. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic for Blog
    1.comment to related blog

Don’t ever try to spam blogs by leaving comments of little value like leaving one liners like ‘great post’. This will never work and no one will even click on your link.Try to actively participate in the community and build up a bit of a reputation for helping people and you will see a huge jump in your traffic!
    2.Submit Article to Directory
    There are hundreds of directories out there that let you submit your blog to them for free (there are also some paid ones).
    3.Submitting RSS Feeds
    Do a search for RSS Feed Feeder sites that you can submit your RSS Feed to.
    4.Pinging Your Blog
    There are also a lot of sites out there that publish any new content found on the web. By pinging your blog you will also notify these site’s of your new content.
    5.Social Bookmarking
    There are dozens of social bookmarking and web 2.0 sites out there that you can submit your blog posts to. Doing this can be very time consuming though so I suggest using some kind of software to automatically social bookmark your posts for you.
    6.Article Marketing
    It’s fairly easy to come up with new articles because you can just use material from the blogs posts you’ve written. Try to submit your articles to the top articles directories, but try not to double-up on content. Try to re-write your articles a bit to change it up and avoid duplicate content.
    7.Web 2.0 Sites
    This method involves creating a network of web 2.0 sites such as Squidoo, Hubpages, Blogger.com, Wordpress.com, Tumblr.com etc and having them all link back to your main blog.

ktp2012, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  3. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi in my opinion you have select your category and when ever you submit your blog link so add that link with relevant key word so that is the best option and also sharing this links in social sites and also joint a relevant Group so that is the best process for traffic increasing.

SASA Techno, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  4. emilystephi

emilystephi Member

Best Answers:
    As i mentioned earlier, my blog contains only images & videos... no texts!! I am trying to promote these images & videos like pinterest!!! Hence, i want strategies to which how can i drive traffic from search engines......

And thanx for your other suggestions... it make sense :)

emilystephi, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  5. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    - Submit it to trafficable social bookmarking sites
    - Publish quality wall posts/ teasers on your profile page
    - Promote your blog on niche related forums and online communities
    - Comment and guest post on niche related blogs
    - Try to make your blog interactive (encourage people to comment on your blog and allow guest posting)
    - You can integrate videos on your blog and promote those videos on different video distribution sites.

C.Rebecca, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  6. Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius

Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius Member

Best Answers:
    If you mostly have videos & pictures in your blog then I would suggest you promote them on social media platforms. Social media platform will be really helpful for you, promote pictures on pintrest, flickr, etc., and videos on YouTube, Metacafe, etc,.

7. emilystephi

emilystephi Member

Best Answers:
    I am recieveing enough traffic from social media websites... But my search traffic is weaker one...
    So ultimately i want to improve my search traffic.... do u have any suggestion to increase search traffic ????

emilystephi, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  8. rahul23

rahul23 Member

Best Answers:
    The Above idea is Good for Images and Videos sites.

Search engines likes Text, so for On Page optimization, optimize images names like instead of 1,2,3 give names like my photo, my place picture...

And share them on relevant image or video sharing sites.

rahul23, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  9. shaamblaze

shaamblaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried this on with your images

1.Alt tag
    2.Title Tag
    3.Image file name with respective keyword
    4.Caption for your images

shaamblaze, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  10. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you worked on your SERP? Building backlinks is also an important step when talking about organic traffic! You need to work on Guest blogging, Article and Forum marketing, Social Bookmarking, etc! ;)

patco, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  11. PremiumFlip

PremiumFlip Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    make few videos on ur niche (or copy :p ) and watermark those with ur blog url...post on YT, have a FB page, also G+ n twiter, these days rankings also depends on how much social ur blog is.. and don't forget to keep a "share post" button on ur blog
    these all will help ur blog grow in long term..

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    PremiumFlip, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  12. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i agree with @C.Rebecca also choose some long-tail keywords and do bookmarking in High PR do follow sites. Surely you can get organic traffic

rogerbinny, Oct 14, 2013 IP