1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Need 2 Skilled Writers for Lots of Work

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Masterful, Oct 9, 2013.

I am looking for two writers. The work is easy and will actually be good for you.

Duties

You will be given a self-improvement category (e.g., fitness, weight loss, self-confidence, etc.).

You have to search YouTube to find videos that belong to the category.

You have to watch the videos to make sure that they are useful, educational, and of a decent quality. If very long, you can skim through them.

When you find a good video, you have to copy and paste its ID, title, embed code and length into a webform on my website.

You then have to write a description of the video, which must consist of at least 100 words. If the video already has a well-written, 100-word-or-more description, you can copy and paste it, but you must revise it to make it unique.

I want at least 500 submissions from each candidate, and probably many more in the future. Some might say that this entitles me to a bulk discount. :)

If interested, please tell me how much you will charge per video submission, keeping in mind that some of the submissions will require writing, while others will only require a bit of revision. I also want to see examples of your work.

The ideal candidates will be familiar with the self-improvement industry. They will have excellent writing skills and, most important, a knack for identifying videos that are educational and beneficial.

Note that, as the videos will all be concerned with self-improvement, you will learn lots of great self-improvement tips. You might even end up a guru! ;)

Masterful, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  2. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Who are you kidding here?

Graphicsfx, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  3. wwstewart

wwstewart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm pretty sure that I can do this. It's going to take a lot of time, and I'm going to require 50% of my rate up front.

I'll do this work for $20,000. Let me know if you are really serious.

wwstewart, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  4. MontanaG

MontanaG Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I, for one, am particularly interested in this proposition. In fact I've created this forum account for the mere function of responding to said offer. Pertaining to this end, I am a phenomenal writer, and as such have been showered with accolades for my academic authorial portfolios and handsomely rewarded with a myriad of high-dollar scholarships for my works. Not only that but college professors regularly remark in confidence that I am one of the most naturally gifted technical authors they have ever witnessed in the student realm. The crux of my appeal lies in my uniquely individual style; edgy and not the dull, rote dregs most may peddle. Flair is the secret ingredient combined with love for my work which create my masterworks.
    My main plus is that I am diametrically opposed the the ideology of most of my other competion here whom are so apparently short-sighted and obtuse; only focused on churning and burning the usual rote, formulaic copy/pasted textual diarrhea to turn a quick buck. My M.O. is quality, not so much quantity (although it is easier for me to turn over a large amount of content, it is much less personally rewarding to deliver garbage than perfection).

In fact, most of my papers are selected to be the new student templates professors choose to display as essay examples to my fellow students. Once a prof. I'd never met before come and ask me for permission to publish my work to use as an aid when guiding his own students towards my levels of potent insight & craftsmanship.

Aside from these juicy overly braggadocious tidbits I am relating to you now, I am quite humble about my own abilities and just enjoy writing frankly. ( I am currently a junior in state University with a 3.9 GPA). I am well versed in academic formatting such as MLA, APA, Chicago, and Harvard styles so I think I could adapt my writing style to suit any need inherent to the project at hand. I also sent you an email via your personal website as linked in your profile page. I would be balancing full-time school with this endeavor but I am a quick and efficient writer (albeit a perfectionist) so I would have a full plate. I believe I am suited to the job though. Let me know your compensation offers and I will mull over my pricing. Maybe this is stating the obvious, but I am quite adept at higher order authorship techniques so perhaps my orders could be custom tailored to niche marketing fields and/or technical articles. Looking forward to a foreseeable lucrative business relationship in the near future.

Regards, Steve K.

EDIT: I can generate apprx. 30-110 unique 500 word articles DAILY featuring totally original ideas and sources which are CREDITED AND CITED!!!! I do not steal or plagiarize. I have far more to lose in my promising academic and career paths to squander by plagiarizing some silly SEO internet copy. Rest assured on this I guarantee.
    For more hand-tailored jobs, I can produce 10-30 HIGH quality, substantive articles pertaining to a niche field which is of a much more research intensive nature; naturally these are at a premium cost in comparison to the aforementioned.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    MontanaG, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  5. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, 500 submissions sure would take a long time but the writing required really isn't a lot.

However, the pain of this project would be finding videos that you haven't previously used and finding videos that are worth posting anywhere but where they originally come from.

I'll only charge you $7.50 per submission and that is with a hefty discount (believe me).

coreygeer, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I was going to offer to do it for $25,000. Damn, I've been undercut once again!:mad:

Spoiltdiva, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  7. guy incognito

guy incognito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can do it for 0.50 $ per Submission. I cant give you a bulk discount because its not getting cheaper to submit them in higher numbers. PM if interested.

guy incognito, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  8. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll throw my hat in the ring as well I suppose. I noticed you're asking for a bulk discount, which normally is fine, however, in this case it will actually get progressively more difficult as the number of videos we post goes up. It is easy to find 5 self-help videos, for example, but to find number 495 will take a VERY long time (especially if you have any quality requirements).

I'll also have to keep close track of which videos I've already done, which takes time. So, I would be more than happy to take this job for $15,000. 25% up front, 25% when I complete the first 100, the remaining 50% after 250 of them have been completed.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  9. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Pssst... Just a heads up. You're not making a good first impression. Had you actually read the initial post explaining what is needed, you would have known the poster isn't looking for an article writer or a skilled writer at best. The only writing involved is a 100 word description, which if available, can be copy/pasted and revised as needed.

On a side note... You posted that you can "generate apprx. 30-110 unique 500 word articles DAILY featuring totally original ideas and sources which are CREDITED AND CITED!!!!... " later stating, "For more hand-tailored jobs, I can produce 10-30 HIGH quality, substantive articles pertaining to a niche field." How does a full-time college student, (junior year), have any time to produce that much content with the level of quality you are stating DAILY and still be able to attend classes, study and complete course assignments? Are you a Savant? Another possibility is that you outsource or employ and manage a team of writers. 30 articles at an average of 1hr per 500 word article = 30 hours. 30 minutes per 500 word article is 15 hours. And you are stating you can do this daily... Not likely by yourself at the level of quality you expect us to believe you can produce. Even if you run existing text through some sort of word spinning software, you're still looking at roughly 30 minutes per article from researching the articles you want to spin together to form other articles, cite sources if needed and edit the text to pass CopyScape. That's just 30 articles and you are offering up to 110 unique 500 word articles DAILY... A lot of work for one person...

TextServices, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  10. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    and how much can you pay (per post/ video ) these skilled writers, as it involves a lot of work and need substantial time

khemraj, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  11. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It seems that I am not being taken seriously. Let me revise my proposal and add a bit more detail.

I need two skilled writers. Every couple of days, I will send each writer a list of YouTube videos in a text file. The writers have to retrieve each video's title, length and embed code. The embed code has to be revised a little (the length and width have to be changed and an extra bit of code has to be pasted into the URL). For each video, I also want a 100-word description, the paragraphs of which have to be wrapped in paragraph tags.

Each completed submission should look like this:
    Title: How to Lose Weight Fast
    YouTube Video ID: kfiDMsSiido
    Description:
    <p>At least 100 words.</p>
    Length: 01:12:09
    Embed code:
    <iframe width="760" height="428" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rxnAhO5Bql8?rel=0&amp;iv_load_policy=3&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Code (markup):
    In many instances, the video will already have a 100-or-more-word description on YouTube. If so, the description can be copied and pasted, but it has to be revised a little to make it unique.

Some sentences will also need to be changed. For example, if there's a sentence that says "In this video, we will teach you how to ...", then you will have to change it to "In this video, [the name of the YouTube channel] will teach you how to ...". In fact, it would be good if you could mention the channel or website that produced the video in order to give it credit.

If the description that you find is less than 100 words, you will have to expand upon it to bring it up to 100 words.

If the video has no description, you will have to write 100 words from scratch, explaining what the video is about and how it can be of benefit.

In order to expand upon the description or write it from scratch, you will have to watch the video, or skim through it if it's long. The good news is that the content and aim of a video is usually made clear at the beginning, in the introduction, so you will usually not have to watch more than a minute or two. To make the writing process much easier, you are permitted to watch the introduction and paraphrase or even quote verbatim what you hear.

It's difficult to estimate a per-submission charge for this project because there's no knowing how much of each duty you will have to undertake. However, I can argue that there are reasons for me to pay less than your usual 100-word rate. The reasons are that (1) many of the submissions will require nothing more than a bit of revision, and (2) you are permitted to quote the videos verbatim. I don't consider watching a couple of minutes of a video or skimming through it to be an additional duty because it's no different from having to conduct research before starting an article. In fact, it's easier than conducting research. The only other duty that you will have to undertake is copying and pasting the title, length and embed code, which is hardly hard labour.

I should also mention that this is different from other projects in that you really will benefit from the work. You will become familiar with lots of very useful self-improvement tips, tricks and techniques.

Since it seemed a bit extreme for some of you, I no longer want 500 submissions from each candidate. Let's reduce it to just 100. If you manage the 100, we can talk about the next 100.

I have received quite a few messages concerning this project, including a couple from decent writers. If you're interested, I suggest that you reply ASAP with examples of your work and a per-submission quote.

Masterful, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  12. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You had plenty of real and legit offers for some members that were willing to do all of them.

So basically, you're looking for slaves? Why didn't you just say so in the first place?

You don't consider having to watch every video extra work and worth time paid? You're paying for these writer's time, they're not applying to your job because they genuinely enjoy dealing with this type of work. Let's say each video is only watched for 30 seconds and you give each writer 100 videos.

That's 3,000 seconds or 50 minutes of watching videos and that's at a BARE minimum. You honestly don't believe a writer should be paid for an hour of their work? Not only that but when article writers do "research", they're paid for that as well, which is usually why professional writers charge you a bundle.

Writing is easy, it's writing stuff that's logical and writing things that your readers will love is difficult. When you pay people pennies and bits to do jobs, there's no passion or motivation to do a good job, the only motivation behind a low paying job is to finish it, get it done and move onto the next one. Crafting words together that sells is an art, it shouldn't be subject to people who find a writer's time spent "worthless".

Yeah, maybe not for someone like me who can click, multi-task a million windows and type extremely fast. I've been a gamer and an avid computer addict since 1998 when I was just a kid, but not everyone on here is the same. What may take me 5 minutes, may take someone else 30 minutes when it comes to simple copy and paste + editing.

Now that I think about it, I don't fully understand the purpose of your project, what exactly are you hoping that this will accomplish? Google isn't going to skyrocket your ratings because of 100 word descriptions that might "slightly" differ from the original.

Oh well, to each their own, just thought I'd throw in my 2c.

coreygeer, Oct 10, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. Linray

Linray Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would like to take up your assignment. I would like try your few job videos and then you could decide on the work and payment shall be discussed later.

Linray, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  14. MontanaG

MontanaG Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Appreciate the feedback. Again, I am very new to this type of work so I am a bit naive. I am not a savant, but yes I can put out a good 50-100 500 word articles a day. Maybe a trial run would be in order to assess my skill level??

FYI: I am in the process of writing a 250 page dissertation for my macroecon. class about the Fed. FOMC and I am almost 1/4 through. I began research on it last Friday.

Let me know what I can do to better show my prowess.

MontanaG, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  15. MontanaG

MontanaG Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And I'm only taking 4 classes this semester so my workload is relatively light and I breeze though these classes with quite a low level of output.

MontanaG, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  16. swordude

swordude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm a bit confused, in the original post you said:
    But then in a later post you said:
    Regardless, I'll post my quote for both services:

- If you'd like me to find videos for you as well as write content it would be $4 per submission.

- If you're providing video information and only need content written it would be $2 per submission.

Let me know if you'd like to see any samples or would like any more information. You can check out my thread link in my signature for a couple of feedback posts as well as a bit more about myself.

swordude, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  17. MontanaG

MontanaG Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Masterful, I accept your offer on an initial trial period. I sent you a pm about it.

MontanaG, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  18. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You want someone to do 500 submissions for you in no time? I highly recommend Road Runner, he's 10x faster than a cheetah, free of charge. :D

BEEP BEEP

bogartkick, Oct 13, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and ryan_uk like this.
  19. qwertykris

qwertykris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Mate, you are a Savant if you can write so much in a day! :D If you are that motivated, you can seriously consider starting a blog and earn a lot more through various means. :)

qwertykris, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  20. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    A big thank you to everyone. The positions have now been filled.

Masterful, Oct 14, 2013 IP