1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why HTML 5 ??!!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by caspero, Oct 7, 2013.

Hello guys,
    I need to know if the HTML 5 worth to be studied and why people care about it?!

and what is the best way to learn it in short time

million thanks.

Osama Qassar
    best regards.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    caspero, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Generally speaking unless you still have your head wedged up 1997's arse, and are currently sleazing out HTML 3.2 with 4 tranny on it, it's not worth knowing since that's it's target audience. It seems carefully crafted to undo all the progress of STRICT, to crap all over semantic markup using allegedly semantic tags that by their very nature are in fact presentational (some of which, like ASIDE is just as bad as CENTER), re-introduce redundancies STRICT was trying to get rid of, and in general dial back web development practices to the WORST of late 1990's coding.

See the link in my siggy for HTML 5 for a more detailed breakdown of just what a halfwit idiotic train wreck of BS HTML 5 truly is... Though it fits well with all the other halfwit idiotic BS that's "par for the course" these days like CSS frameworks, Scripting frameworks, etc, etc... They seem to exist just to pat the inept re-re's on the back and tell them it's ok to just sleaze things out any old way.

deathshadow, Oct 7, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. caspero

caspero Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you everyone ... actually if the HTML 5 as that important ... then what is the best way to learn HTML 5

caspero, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  4. bellcom

bellcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like tutorials over books so my suggestions would be:
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_intro.asp
    https://www.udemy.com/learn-html5-programming-from-scratch/
    http://html.net/tutorials/html5/

Plenty more, just google...

bellcom, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  5. John Michael

John Michael Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to learn HTML 5: the one i am talking about is the tutplus premium version which is available free now: http://freecourses.tutsplus.com/30-days-to-learn-html-and-css/ or You will find free and paid toturial on Lynda: http://www.lynda.com

John Michael, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  6. caspero

caspero Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah tutsplus I think it's great .. thanks john and bellcom about the resources :)

caspero, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  7. lista adiya

lista adiya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks
    i need this.. i use html 5
    more i use an learn
    more I amazed with this html 5

lista adiya, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  8. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Wow, that' one's really good for a laugh -- the terrifyingly bad "engrish moist goodry" that sounds more like Yoda having a conversation with a Gelfling is funny -- but nowhere near as funny as it pretty much proving what I've been saying all along -- HTML 5 is for the re-re's who never pulled their heads out of HTML 3.2's arse and until a few years ago were sleazing it out with 4 tranny on it. The entire "HTML4.01 Tags Which Removed From HTML5" section (good lord the pain) is laughably bad since those tags have been deprecated since 1998 with nobody having any business using them any time the past fifteen YEARS... The idiocy of calling things like local storage or CANVAS part of the HTML specification, the 'major rules' section being 100% garbage or praising things that shouldn't be praised (like Vendor lock-in), and the false simplicity idiocy of the new form stuff...

Just proves what I've been saying for years. HTML 5 is NOT for anyone who has embraced STRICT, separation of presentation from content, semantic markup, logical document structure, or any of the dozen other improvements of the past decade and a half -- and instead seems to be carefully crafted to set the clock back to the worst of late 1990's practices.

Developers are dumber for it even existing.

deathshadow, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  9. danmaster2012

danmaster2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now take that and blow it out your filthy arse you html degenerate wank! ... serious, yeah, html 5 responsive sites are the new standards for anyone serious about a rock solid online presence these days. And, as mentioned by so many here, http://www.w3schools.com/ is probably your best bet to learn it. Best because they give you "hands-on" practice via this try-it-yourself form:
    [​IMG]
    Not to mention the fact that it's easy to learn.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    danmaster2012, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  10. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    <aside> is not like <center>
    Most of the new tags in HTML5 are just for semantics to allow bots and other scrapers to identify which part of your website is what(<header> is the header, <footer> is footer, etc).

Helge Sverre, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  11. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    If by rock solid you mean flimsy bloated unreliable garbage built on outdated practices. Of course, what the blue blazes does 'responsive' have to do with HTML 5? That's right, JACK ****! That's CSS3, NOT HTML. That's just more crap people CALL HTML 5 when there is NOTHING preventing you from using CSS3 and it's new features in older documents...

Which of course is why most people praising HTML 5 don't seem to know enough about markup or semantics to be flapping their yaps about it!

If it EXACTLY like center if you are using it to say "this goes off to one side" -- the only meaning of aside that would make any sense from a grammatical/semantics viewpoint (and semantics really is GRAMMAR), would be a literary aside; where the speaker breaks the fourth wall... so rare an occurrence on websites it relegates the tag about as useful as that ADDRESS tag most people don't bother even trying to use, and the ones who do don't use it properly.

Allegedly for semantics is more like it, on the whole being redundant to numbered headings, horizontal rules, paragraphs, etc, etc... In other words all the existing semantics that if people would have bothered using properly we'd already have a far, FAR more accessible web. You have a properly formed document structure you don't need that extra bloat in your markup, or to wrap extra meanings around things that already HAVE meanings.

Of course, "To allow bots and data scrapers" -- isn't that ALSO what we've been told for the past decade and a half NOT to do.... You know, "Write for the user, not the engine" ring any bells?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  12. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    HTML5 is here to stay
    [​IMG]

Helge Sverre, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  13. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Oh, I'm sure it is alongside all the other halfwit BS like Javascript and CSS frameworks. Sure, let's just let the entire Internet sleaze along with code to content ratios measuring in the hundreds to one, with little to no REAL accessibility, throwing ALL the progress of the past fifteen years in the trash for a sick buzzword bandied about by people who don't know enough about the Internet to make even the smallest rational choice about having a website.

I'm quite sure HTML 5 looks golden to the same type of halfwits who see nothing wrong with the presentational use of classes, endless pointless classes for covering up being too stupid to understand inheritance, or just failing to grasp even the simplest of semantics wrapping paragraphs around non-paragraph elements, gibberish heading orders, and tens of k of markup for every 1k of actual content. Such ineptitude really goes hand in hand with HTML 5's "worst of the 1990's" coding practices.

14. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Didn't see that part of your post (edit?)... good for a laugh and sure doesn't help support the argument for it, given the half-assed broken garbage and web-rot w3schools is... see:

http://www.w3fools.com

Much less how is that example code significantly different from 4 Strict apart from the lip-service doctype, and a complete lack of proper fallback header elements... and incomplete HEAD...

Might also help if you had SCOPE, THEAD and TBODY on that :D You know, semantics? Likewise half those TD should probably be TH so you have headings not just for the columns, but also the rows.

ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  15. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are lot of way to learn HTML5/CSS3. You can find lot of tutorials in google and youtube as well. Also w3c school website is good for beginner to learn.

creativewebmaster, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  16. Erin Catorina

Erin Catorina Member

Best Answers:
    The only way of learning anything in short time is to do more struggle. And if we talk abut the importance of html 5, there comes many reasons to use it.
    • First of all html 5 is modern language and it is becoming new standard. Modern browsers all support HTML5 allowing developers to use all the new and exciting features it offers in order to create more dynamic end results.
    • Also html5 is faster. By focusing on latest browsers and not being hold up on old ones (while providing graceful content degradation) developers can focus on writing functionalities that work, look good, while using latest tools. This makes whole process quick and very rewarding for the developers themselves.
    • Html 5 allow you to add animations without using external plugins like Adobe flash player and Microsoft SilverLight.
    • The most important of all is that HTML 5 supports mobile devices. With all the factors like lightweight visual effects, the support from industry, the support form browser vendors, it is now easier than ever to develop a web site or an web application in HTML5 that can be deployed on both desktop and mobile devices.

Erin Catorina, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  17. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    ... and here's another engrish moist goodry poist...

Glittering generalities that are more about back-slapping feel good nonsense instead of any sort of fact.

How so? In what way? Not only is there no actual proof of this, anyone who bothered practicing proper semantics, separation of presentation from content, and accessible design will in fact find that HTML 5 is little more than bloat.

Though if you want to talk CSS3 and the new scripting, then sure. Too bad those have jack **** to with HTML.

If you mean transitions, that's CSS3 -- if you mean Canvas, that's SCRIPTING so that shouldn't even HAVE a blasted tag in the specification -- in neither case do those have a blasted thing to do with writing markup -- and therein have jack *** do to with HTML.

As opposed to 4 Strict/XHTML how exactly?!?

CSS3, NOT HTML!

Another vague glittering generality

The ONLY thing that could fit this last part is responsive layout -- and news flash, that HAS -- and I can't say this enough blasted times -- JACK **** TO DO WITH HTML 5!!!

That's CSS3... which you can use just FINE in HTML 4.01 STRICT and/or XHTML 1.0 STRICT!

Seriously, do you people even understand what it is you are opening your yaps about?!?

deathshadow, Oct 22, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  18. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to tap the brakes there. If all modern browsers supported this specification, it would be a formal recommendation rather than only coming out of draft status into being a release candidate in August, 2013. It may be very close to release, and many sections may be fully implemented, but it is not fully implemented by even two vendors. The W3C requires only two implementations for adoption; we don't even have that yet.

cheers,

gary

kk5st, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  19. EMP1R3

EMP1R3 Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the Website that I am developing. Some I prefer to go with HTML5 and some WP and some HTML/PHP integration.. It depends to me on how many pages, the type of site and the type of optimized content/structure I need to achieve some decent rankings with some off-site SEO efforts. Depending on Local or Niche searched it varies. I have known HTML and have updated my skills as the language has evolved.

Best of luck,

- EMP1R3

EMP1R3, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  20. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    you've said that a few times now -- and I'm stuck thinking "since WHEN?!?" -- admittedly it's been 14 years since the last time an actual HTML specification was made a recommendation (4.01 STRICT) -- but at that time you're telling me two browers fully implemented it? BULLSHIT! Much less 4.0 which I'm pretty damned sure IE 3 and Nyetscape 2 sure as shine-ola did NOT support fully in 1997... much less iBrowse, lbBrowse, mosaic... What were they doing, counting Lynx and Amaya? I think not. Same goes for 3.2 which I'm pretty damned sure only Amaya came close to even trying to support when it was a 'recommendation' -- since every other browser only had it in bits and pieces...

Of course since Mozilla still has decade and a half old gaping holes in it's 4 implementation... calls the whole process into question. Though that IS another thing I hate about 5 -- browser makers running around adding crap we don't need (SECTION, ASIDE), does nothing of value (NAV, ARTICLE), or is just plain outright redundant to existing tags (AUDIO, VIDEO, EMBED, SECTION, NAV) making it more complex for no good reason -- when they don't even have their damned HTML 4 support complete yet!

Though admittedly in Mozilla's case that's the lie of open sores allegedly being faster to fix things. If it's not flashy, trendy, and nobody is willing to fork over $$$ to set a bounty, don't rely on anyone taking the time to actually devote code to it. See Bugzilla 915 which has sat there unaddressed for fifteen YEARS.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    deathshadow, Oct 22, 2013 IP