1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is PageRank Finally Dead?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by vabtrock, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google updates PR everyday!

Agent000, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  2. Leadhub

Leadhub Peon

Best Answers:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
    Leadhub, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  3. Leadhub

Leadhub Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I can't link quite yet I'd like you to search "matt cutts no more pagerank" the first article in "search engine land" will keep you up to date.

Leadhub, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  4. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutts never said that. He said that they might not bother exporting PR to the tool bar again this year. He did not say they are not updating it and not still using it. They still update it every day and factor that updated PR into the ranking algorithm every day.
    You obviously have a limited understanding about PR - you should get your facts right before posting in a public forum and not mislead people.

Agent000, Oct 9, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. Leadhub

Leadhub Peon

Best Answers:
    There are new sites without visual PR ranking 1st on Google search due to Google not updating the toolbar. Meaning there are sites with potential to influence that people aren't even looking at due to the "lack of PR" the site has. The constant focus on finding high PR sites to obtain links from is also misleading.

Leadhub, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  6. Agent000

Best Answers:
    I have no idea what you are talking about!

Agent000, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  7. Leadhub

Leadhub Peon

Best Answers:
    The data that flows into the toolbar hasn't been updated since February. Meaning visually you will see no change in PR for any site for the past 8 months. There are sites out there that have been created within that 8 month period that are ranking high but have 0 PR due to the lack of updating information. Everyone is still focusing on finding links with high PR but since it hasn't been updated in so long it's hard to determine if a site's PR is a good determining value of worth.

Leadhub, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  8. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This moronic obsession with PR needs to die (maybe one of the reasons Google hasn't bothered doing an export). Toolbar PR is and always has been pointless. It's a momentary snapshot. Internal PR - the one we can't see - is the one with any actual meaning. Too busy chasing crap links, not enough time spent on making a useful website (just one of the many moronic problems with SEO).

ryan_uk, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  9. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The sites i have built private networks using aged domains with high PR have continued to outperform sites i backlink with web 2.0 and contextual links.

This should tell you that PR is still relevant, Google might not have updated PR for over 6months now but that doesn't mean it's dead.

Atleast, for backlink it's the best..

Kanonig, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  10. Agent000

Best Answers:
    It does not tell us that at all!!!

Agent000, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  11. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The visual Pagerank might be dead already! that is the toolbar pagerank, but links and the internal PR are important part of Google's algo. They might be using other methods and signals for their algo, but they can't get rid of the links yet.

Links are still the best way to value a site in the rankings - no other ranking factor can beat that.

uttoransen, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  12. intruder2600

intruder2600 Active Member

Best Answers:
    PageRank is dead since 2004 :)

intruder2600, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  13. bc1234

bc1234 Member

Best Answers:
    Next page rank will update will not likely be there in 2013 and will happen in 2014.
    But PageRank is not having any effect on ranking. When PR0 sites can come #1 in google , why would any webmaster care about PR.

bc1234, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  14. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    Matt says that pagerank toolbar update may fade away. But it doesn't mean that the actual google pagerank will not update, it will still be updated but only it is not visible to us through the pagerank toolbar and so on. here's the video /watch?v=M7glS_ehpGY

j3thro, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  15. garry420

garry420 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well google will always make statements that will create doubts in the minds of SEO and that mystery make google better than other search engine...but for me its really simple..it always counts page ranks. even if it shows to us or not..it always prefer directory backlinks, it always counts domain name even if it say its doesn't...

garry420, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  16. macdaddy1

macdaddy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't think we will see another PR update this is Info that will now be kept internal.

macdaddy1, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  17. macdaddy1

macdaddy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say That Social Media is THE major ranking factor these days. I have seen newbies in my industry rank in the top positions with few backlinks but lots of tweets and FB likes etc/ The algorithm is seems to be heavilly weighted towards social which makes sense as it shows buzz around content. Also if your going to do lots of backlinks you have to match it with social so it all looks natural

macdaddy1, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  18. uzair072

uzair072 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google will update the PR of sites soon.....Be careful........Its still very important for the Authority of the Page....Also effects in the rankings...

uzair072, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  19. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many things apart from page rank, I will say..

As shown in the chart, you have to consider all, links, social metrics, keywords, brand name etc. but do in the way that looks natural to Google.

alex06295, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  20. uzair072

uzair072 Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR,DA and PA all things are important....Most Important thing is the traffic from SE.And for SE in Content is king....

uzair072, Nov 24, 2013 IP