1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone on the new Yahoo interface yet?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by SonicReducer, Oct 17, 2006.

I sent in my request to be upgraded to the new system, but no word yet.
    I'm looking forward to trying out the new "Googleized" interface with adgoups structure, instant approvals, and being able to run mulitple ads. Anyone upgraded yet?

SonicReducer, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  2. catchafire

catchafire Guest

Best Answers:
    I just sent 5 accounts to my rep at Yahoo for the migration pilot to Panama, we'll be live on the new system October 30th (their 'estimate'). I'm definitely looking forward to it.

catchafire, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  3. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    I am on it. It is a great improvement, but will take some getting used to. I will definitely spend more now that I can tell what the hell is going on in there lol.

TCR, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  4. genkied

genkied Active Member

Best Answers:
    not yet...im recieving page errors since last monday...

genkied, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  5. gilbertcross

gilbertcross Peon

Best Answers:
    We just got on it yesterday, and right now it's a mess. They're grouped in funny ways that don't make a lot of sense to me, some of the ads have been cut off at the end (or they've had spaces deleted in the middle), etc. I think it will be better once I get it all sorted out, though.

gilbertcross, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  6. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right - the transitions was not the smoothest, but once you configure it to your liking, it is better.

TCR, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  7. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    To anyone who is using it now:
    Is it "like Google" just in terms of interface? Or has YSM adopted the same type of strict "landing page quality score" crap that AdWords has?

I hate YSM because of the interface. But I like YSM because they're more casual about the ads they accept and they don't rip into my landing page as much as Google does. :D

flip, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  8. gilbertcross

gilbertcross Peon

Best Answers:
    Flip - I don't see anything about it so far (though I'm still busy trying to put ads back in order), but this is in their FAQ section:

Will there be changes to the way ads are ranked?

There will be no change to the way ads are ranked through the remainder of 2006; they will continue to be ranked by bid as they are today. Early next year, we will change the way ads are ranked, taking ad quality into account as well as bid. More detailed information will be provided regarding this change before it occurs.

gilbertcross, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  9. PiecesMedia

PiecesMedia Guest

Best Answers:
    I recently upgraded on the 11/22. They said it would take 8 hours to complete the upgrade. The next day i had my first look at it. It is ALOT faster than the old version and is very "Googleized". You no longer have to wait for pages and reports to load, they seem almost precached. Hats off to Yahoo for making the update!

PiecesMedia, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  10. transburgh

transburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    I put my request in a month ago and still no word. I cant wait to use it.

transburgh, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  11. PiecesMedia

PiecesMedia Guest

Best Answers:
    On my account the option to upgrade was on every page after i logged in. Does anyone know if Yahoo had selected accounts for upgrade only?

PiecesMedia, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  12. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    I have posted my review of the new interface on my blog link if anyone is interested.

SonicReducer, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  13. dstyles

dstyles Banned

Best Answers:
    i'm able to upgrade as of today, but since it will take 8 hours to update, does anyone have a recommended best time to upgrade the account? thanks

dstyles, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  14. transburgh

transburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you run it over the night? Or first thing in the morning and it should be done before you leave for the day (depending on how long your days are).

transburgh, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  15. PiecesMedia

PiecesMedia Guest

Best Answers:
    that's what i did. you can still login your old account but only to check past stats.

PiecesMedia, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  16. JesterMagic

JesterMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got an upgrade alert. Looks like my account will be converted on the 20th.

I got a whole bunch of keywords and am excited about the google like organization into Campaigns and adgroups etc..

Once Yahoo has done the upgrade is it easy to move keywords and ads around into new campaigns and adgroups or do you have to delete the current keyword/ad and then add it to the new adgroup and go through the whole verification process again?

Thanks for any replies

JesterMagic, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  17. dstyles

dstyles Banned

Best Answers:
    jester - after the migration i got sort of overwhelmed because i didn't fully consolidate my ads. i'd recommend setting up the current ads into the new "campaigns" before the migration. i.e. submit them for approval now, otherwise you will have a big mess on your hands. since my kw's weren't properly "grouped," i had to re-submit them to be in the new group (although they are already approved in a different group) and wait, and some of them got rejected. it's wasted time.

dstyles, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  18. WorldwideInfoSource.com

WorldwideInfoSource.com Member

Best Answers:
    I did apply for the early upgrade, but I never heard anything. Today, all of a sudden when I try to login, I am redirected to a login page or the new sponsored search. When I try to login there, I get "An error occurred during login. Please try to login again." Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks

Check out my homepage in my profile for a free adsense website!

WorldwideInfoSource.com, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  19. transburgh

transburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    The same thing happened to me. All of a sudden I was upgraded with the mess that dstyles was explaining. It took me about 6 hours to update one of my yahoo accounts.

transburgh, Dec 19, 2006 IP