1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Unleashes Penguin 2.1

Discussion in 'Google' started by bizlaa, Oct 4, 2013.

Penguin 2.1 has officially been released today.

Matt Cutts, Google's head of search spam announced it on Twitter:

Is your site affected ?

bizlaa, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  2. markone

markone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes today is new update by google penguin....but their is only 1% effect on website those are under spam parameter.

markone, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  3. zambala

zambala Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been hit hardly today by Google...
    I was good for long time, writing good articles and after a half a year getting some 50 visitors from google search, and many articles on first page....
    yesterday - 50 ; Today - 5 so far...:(
    Mad:(

p.s. and I don't think I could be under Spam parameter, I was doing NONE backlinking or spamming except a bunch of largest Social sites, like G+, Facebook, Twitter, etc..
    Now - the Nr.1 on my keyword - is a commercial shop; 2 results on first page for a guy from .blogspot who was regularly copying my articles (with reference link though), etc....
    - is it Great results?!

zambala, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  4. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    looks like my site increased in position

soniqhost.com, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How many infractions should be given to the OP for starting yet another thread on this topic?
    Use the search function before starting a new thread.

Agent000, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  6. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what Google wants to prove by refreshing penguin/panda and other algos so frequently.. it has raised a question on SEO, peoples are losing confidence on SEO and they don't want to do SEO for their websites. It seems like that SEO is wastage of money and nothing, peoples are spending thousands of dollars on seo to achieve top page results. Once they receive the results and start getting some traffic google launches a algo refresh and all went to vain.

Don't you think it will be good to refresh a algo once in a year or twice only. If Google will continue to update algos every month or twice thrice in a month how SEO's will make the strategy to get the ranking for a website. we were regaining the ranking for our website after last update but now again we have lost the ranking for half of our websites.why again even we are building links for websites like a turtle not like a rabbit race.

It doesn't seems like that Google is refreshing the algos to remove the spam, prior to Google algo changes users were getting the results what they were looking for and still they are finding the same results. Can Google show any proof that their algo updates has refine the results? I think despite of hitting websites Google should work on presenting better results to the users based on their query and location. I am only happy with "Hummingbirds" as it will read the entire query despite of important words in the query. I think Google should focus on such algorithms despite of spoiling websites because it is really hard to recover the ranking for a website once it gets a penguin/panda hit. Till date I've never found a strong reason for websites being hit by Google updates, even I've never received a warning message from Google that we are doing spammy links..then what is the reason to spoil websites if we are not doing any spammy links?

I just typed a query on Google "handmade bags for sale" and found this page http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/2007/08/pricing-your-ba.html on 4th position. I am looking for handmade bags for sale, not for a blog post damn. Is this Hummingbird Algorithm Google has launched and ensuring better results to users. I can show you thousands of more poor results for other queries as well, Google has always failed to present better results to users. The above post is about "pricing your bags and other crafts to sell", do you find any relation between my query and this post?

Matt you think you are doing right things but I don't think so.. despite of doing right things make things right. Don't play with millions of people's carrier by using your dung brain.

manoj.kapoor, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  7. great_friend

great_friend Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agreed, Now Google ruin business e-commerce sites on this season due to so called new updates. And I don't think it effects 1% may be it effects 50% queries :(

great_friend, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  8. bizlaa

bizlaa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Did you bothered to read the topic before raising infractions? It is Penguin 2.1 and not 2.0. It is a new update done by Google last Friday. By some accounts 50% of e-commerce sites are affected by this and it is worse than previous updates.

This is the first and only thread in DP related to this new update by Google.

bizlaa, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  9. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you blind? - there are zillions on 2.1!!!!!

eg
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/penguin-2-1.2685067/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-can-i-recover-penguin-2-1-update.2685165/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-to-beat-penguin-2-1-effectively.2685287/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...-what-you-think-what-should-i-go-for.2685071/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/anyone-else-get-devastated-by-the-google-update.2685047/

etc etc

Agent000, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  10. Clucks2772

Clucks2772 Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,

So I know penguin 2.1 has been unleashed upon all of us.... I know Penguin focuses on spam.. and purchased links... One of my old sites had purchased links aimed to it and my team and I have contacted the webmasters and have had these links taken off....

2 Things..

1) Google is still showing that there are back links coming to our site from some of these websites that we have had the links taken off of.. When we go to the website that USED to have our link on it.. the link is no longer there.. but google is still showing that there is a backlink coming from the URL / Site....

2) Did google move the Disavow tool from the webmaster tools? I can no longer find the disavow tool in my webmaster tools! Please let me know!

Thanks,
    Clucks2772

Clucks2772, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  11. elliedesign

elliedesign Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well you should to find Google for Disavow Google webmaster tools: You will not be able to find directly with Google webmaster. thanks

elliedesign, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  12. AutoTerminal

AutoTerminal Active Member

Best Answers:
    We have the same experience. Backlink checker show lot of links from particular sites buy it is no where to find when i visit that page.

AutoTerminal, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  13. RKC

RKC Banned

Best Answers:
    Google will take some time to re-consider you. :)

RKC, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  14. umairraja52

umairraja52 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Normally Takes few time but once listed go for long time if continur maintaining it.

umairraja52, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  15. Prince SInha

Prince SInha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One of my website Rankings are dropped, since Google released Penguin 2.1. Many keywords placed after 20th page. 80% traffic gone down. I stopped using giving links to anchor text from long back and placing direct links on articles and guest posting. Many links are no follow too. But still i don't understand what i did wrong.

Prince SInha, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  16. almyty

almyty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    for google to 'see' that there aren't backlinks from particular site it must get crawled again, just wait for it, and you may ping those sites in some way

almyty, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  17. pzelf

pzelf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On thing to understand is that Google doesnt want your business... They turned their back on small business sites long time ago when they hammered down 30.000 advertisers and shifted revenue to themselves.. Just stop using Google. There are better options and there are MUCH better companies.

pzelf, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  18. tanmay.kamath1992

tanmay.kamath1992 Member

Best Answers:
    It has affected many sites over the net.
    I did submitted the spam links in the disavow tools. You will have to wait atleast for 3-4 weeks for the effect to take place.

tanmay.kamath1992, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  19. tanmay.kamath1992

tanmay.kamath1992 Member

Best Answers:
    ^ Ban

tanmay.kamath1992, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  20. intruder2600

intruder2600 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why you should submit "bad links" if google knows exactly which ones are bad ? That's the whole trick - if you're using disavow you have a little hope, that website will be unblocked, but domains submitted are flagged as "unnatural" - whatever it means. If you or someone elase will get links from this flagged domains they will be removed from results during next update.

Disavow was invented to flag als domains used for SEO - submitting them will make SEO impossible, sooner or later.

intruder2600, Oct 11, 2013 IP