1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to sell software on DP?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Online Addict, Sep 29, 2013.

I only see the section with second hands, but I want to start selling a new software, created by my company, so where is the place on DP to offer it?

Online Addict, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  2. hanady

hanady Member

Best Answers:
    With all the respect to DP but I wonder what software developer would want to sell their software on forums...
    I think you should get a proper marketing plan and people would come to you to buy your software.

hanady, Sep 29, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, Sep 29, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk, sarahk and Fakher like this.
  4. Online Addict

Online Addict Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Ah, ok, thanks, guys!

Online Addict, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  5. snginc

snginc Member

Best Answers:
    Why not? This forum has a marketplace so why wouldnt I want to sell software I created here? Having multiple marketplaces where you are selling your software fits into any marketing plan. It's a numbers game. The more products you have out there and the more avenues where you are selling your software increase your profit potential. I currently have 110 software titles that I sell. I am always looking for more places to sell them.

snginc, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You wrote 110 pieces of software?? I'm curious what they are and how you are able to develop so many by yourself?

digitalpoint, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  7. snginc

snginc Member

Best Answers:
    I use my business partners rapid development tools to create brandable niche based software products. They are informational type products...they teach the end user about a specific niche (and I slip in a related affiliate/cpa offer as well)...be it weight loss or how to overcome smoking and everywhere in between.

snginc, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If they are informational stuff, wouldn't it be more suited as an eBook since you can then read it anywhere rather than a specific platform?

Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.
  9. snginc

snginc Member

Best Answers:
    People learn in various mediums. Besides I use mixed mediums in my software..pdfs, audios, videos and software (yes I do create software with other software embedded in them!). I also create software which generates an output...html, pdf, text files. I know quite a few people that would rather have a video than read an ebook.

snginc, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So what is the upside to putting an informational software into an installable application rather than an eBook? I honestly fail to see any plus to it... But I can think of a lot of downside.

11. snginc

snginc Member

Best Answers:
    1. Software has a higher perceived value.
    2. Not everyone wants their information in ebook format.
    3. There are ways to put audios and videos into an ebook but its so much easier to use software to do it.
    4. My software is brandable so my customers can put their own affiliate links in it, change the name of the software, and use it to build their list.

snginc, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. I guess it depends on who you ask. For *me*, it would have a lower value because I could only install it on one platform. What if I wanted to read it from my phone or on my Mac?

2. Same could be said for software. If I had to install a program in order to read information... yeah... guarantee I would not. Would just assume it's some trojan or virus.

3. I suppose... Guess I never had the need for any information that included audio or video. The only "informational" stuff in that format I see tend to be spam.

4. Hmmm... Sounds kind of spammy to me.

Arick unirow, ryan_uk and malky66 like this.