1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I recover penguin 2.1 update?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Md.Saddam Hossain, Oct 5, 2013.

Hi SEO guys,

I have been working for a E-commerce based site for 7 months. Our site ranked for 5 months(1st Page in Google). But today, after penguin 2.1 live , our site hits by this update. I have built all back-links from high PR sites and don't use low quality sites for back-links building. I don't know why Google hits us. I also notice many quality site(PR 5-6) also lost their ranks. Can anybody please let me know, how can i find out the specific reason for this hits of our site? I also want to know , Do I need to wait 7 days for seeing this update ? How can I recover this? Please help me & let me know details.

Best Luck to All,,,,
    Md.Saddam Hossain

Md.Saddam Hossain, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  2. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When did you see the changes (date)?

blogdum, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  3. Md.Saddam Hossain

Md.Saddam Hossain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We have starting to lost back-links after Penguiin 2.0 update(May 22,2013). Its back-links graphs up-down(by Ahrefs). We don't see any position changes after penguin 2.0 update but finally got a hit by penguin 2.1

4. Theneo

Theneo Member

Best Answers:
    Did u used any black hat methods and tools or software ....if so use disavow tool in the google webmaster and start building backlinks naturally (pr 0 pr 10)......it would take time

Theneo, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  5. Md.Saddam Hossain

Best Answers:
    No, I don't use Black Hat SEO method. Thank you for your suggestion. Please let me know how to write disavow.txt file? Do i need to write any comment(by using # tag) in disavow.txt file with links?

6. Theneo

Theneo Member

Best Answers:
    U can google it ..... I can't suggest as i haven't done before

Theneo, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  7. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    Getting out of the penalty is really hard even you've put more effort on it. It is just easier to start all over again by building a new site and rewrite the contents. That would save you time and money. Also, now it is time to diversify anchor text and avoid these type of links: article directories, blog comments, profile links, directories that isn't strict on reviewing sites, non popular web 2.0s.
    What's been still working and hasn't been hit by Penguin 2.1 are private highpr blog networks.

j3thro, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  8. Md.Saddam Hossain

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply.Our site is over popular on social media and it not possible to rebuild it again because its not a personal blog. Its a E-commerce based site. Please explain more about private HighPR blog networks. You suggest me to avoid article directories, blog comments, profile links, directories but without those how can we grow up our business? For usually people find content or articles as their needs and try to get the best solution. If here come a restricted to comment then how people contribute with each other? second point , directories : High PR and authority based directory sites have a good position and they still giving their value. If we avoid those sites , then how can they live? If Google dislike directory links then why doesn't Google hit those sites? In penguin 2.0 update, I heard that Google doesn't like paid links but now why they dislike free directories links? please let me reply about this.

Md.Saddam Hossain, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  9. davidwillliam

davidwillliam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First thing I want to suggest you to check your website content. Free directories are not good for Google ranking now a days because they have no value, there is duplicate content on these website. What you thing, these have Good PR that's why. I think not, this is only reason you are getting back links. You must need to focus on Page Rank where you are listed. It will be 0. So directory submission are useless these days.

davidwillliam, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  10. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    Most article directories are spammed to death. The likes of blog comments and profile links for SEO/linkbuilding is not the way to go for SEO 2013. Directories without strict manual approval, your links will end up having bad neighborhood which means your link will be surrounded with links pointing to crap sites. For a good seo, it is about finding on how to place your links on relevant high pr sites. Some of us build our own PR blog network and it is working.
    In your situation its really hard since you still have visitors going to your site via social sites. Your option1(which I recommend) is build a new site and keep the penalized site as well. Seo the new site better this time. Option 2- you can let someone get your site out of the penalty but this would require more money spend and most likely will be a waste of time and money. It is your choice. But, you could wait a while and see how it goes then decide. But the longer you wait, most likely nothing will happen.

j3thro, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  11. Aqib Shahzad

Aqib Shahzad Member

Best Answers:
    Remove low quality content and remove bad backlinks through disallow tool in google webmaster.

Aqib Shahzad, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  12. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even am facing the same problem..today i noticed my keyword positions are dropped. I didn't use any blackhat techniques. If any valuable suggestions from anyone on how to recover will be appreciated. should i stop directory submissions, blog comments and article submissions? how do i check for what reasons keyword positions are dropped, any tools?

karen9999, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  13. bharathiseo88

bharathiseo88 Member

Best Answers:
    You won't.

bharathiseo88, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  14. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Saddam forget about recovering from penguin 2.1 because you can't ...once your website got Google Algo hit only 1% chances are there you will recover from hit. As you will start recovering from hit with fresh work Google will again hit a refresh and again you will be disappointed.

manoj.kapoor, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  15. Madhu Singh

Madhu Singh Member

Best Answers:

Hello,

There are many complex rules. I am giving you few for your reference. There is an ebook which you can find easily when you search Google with "Link Detection and Removal Made Easy".

This ebook is free and available on warrior forum too. I hope webmaster will not delete my link here.

Thanks,
    Madhu

Madhu Singh, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  16. lalitkumar

lalitkumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Friends

I am also suffers from this update. my all sites are at 20 to 25 pages and i am very disturb. as i reading your all answer like i want to ask about disavow.txt. why we used and what is the demerits and merits and how i can used it... plzzz help me...

and as miss Madhu said about "Link Detection and Removal Made Easy". i download it.. i read it and i am totally confused how i can used it.. plzzzzz help me for both...

Thanks
    Lalit

lalitkumar, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  17. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't want to sound too discouraging, but I don't think there's a real way out of it. The whole idea of Penguin 2.1 is to stop spammy, poor quality websites from dominating Google searches. Even some quality websites with tens of thousands of monthly visitors have already lost half, and in some cases 80% of their traffic. To find a way to get recovered for an average website that got hit by Penguin 2.1 update is virtually impossible. I hear some people are really, really hurting right now.

qwikad.com, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  18. sbglobal79

sbglobal79 Banned

Best Answers:
    we are also getting suffering for same update.

sbglobal79, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  19. Md.Saddam Hossain

Best Answers:
    Hi dude, The more Google hit us , the more we learn something new. Lol - Google makes us disappointed - but we still like Google.

Md.Saddam Hossain, Oct 13, 2013 IP
    blm2007 likes this.
  20. Md.Saddam Hossain

Best Answers:
    I don't get any notification via web master tool after penguin 2.1 update. Do I need to use Google disavow tool for removing irrelevant anchor back-links? Kindly help me with this issue.

Md.Saddam Hossain, Oct 13, 2013 IP