1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penguin 2.1

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by easycontent, Oct 4, 2013.

Hello,

Yesterday 4 October 2013 Google has announced a new penguin update which called Penguin 2.1 under which 1% of web spam will affect to a noticeable degree. According to Matt Cutts this penguin update has deeper effect and its impact will be big in certain small areas.We can call this penguin as a fifth part of penguin update.

Thank you

easycontent, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  2. abbykhurana

abbykhurana Member

Best Answers:
    My site was badly affected late night yesterday.

What is the cause for this??
    I am not building any spam links or any sort of
    duplicate content in my website or in my links.
    So, why such a massive decline??

Till yesterday, all my keywords were on page 1 position 2-4 and today all keywords above 200 with another internal page URL.

Need advice ASAP.

Waiting for some valuable feedback and effective solution and reasons.

abbykhurana, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  3. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    abby, sorry to hear that. just a question, what type of backlinks you've made? Yeah, I saw most of the affiliate/IM type of site just vanished and those who stayed had their own blog network, just like me. unfortunately, it's hard to give solutions when it just rolled out. But if it happened to me, I am going to make a new site and have my backlinks on private high pr network.

j3thro, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  4. abbykhurana

abbykhurana Member

Best Answers:
    i have done:

Some quality articles in sites like squidoo, ezine, selfgrowth, etc
    Some blog comments
    Some Profile Links

What do you mean by "private high pr network"???

5. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    That's the reason. Blog comments and profile links are seo in the past, this is 2013 and I keep telling people that but most of them won't listen because it is easy to do.
    Private blog network, most of them are done buying expiring domains with high pr. 10 of those domain with PR1+ would be a good start. then you have to find different cheap shared hosting to host them. And that's where you place your links. It would be expensive, so if you can partner with others that you know would help. Also, I build web 2.0s for diversifying anchor texts. It just works great and those type of links survived in this update.

j3thro, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  6. abbykhurana

abbykhurana Member

Best Answers:
    I have done links on expired domains too.

7. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    If the high pr blog network you're talking about is your own (private) and not available to the public. You should be okay if you also diversified you anchor text. Most people who has their own network do not do blog comments and forum profiles anymore because there's no need for that. But I think what's hurting you is the comments and profiles. maybe anchor text too, so u might wanna check that.

j3thro, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  8. Deceneu

Deceneu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My site traffic dropped 50%. Thanks Google.

Deceneu, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  9. seocrat

seocrat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing this, penguin 2.1 is again come for those who does not quality backlinks.

Thank you.

seocrat, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  10. Lalit jain

Lalit jain Member

Best Answers:
    you can read more about this at
    mearning.com/google-penguin-update-2-1

Lalit jain, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  11. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am agree with J3thro, start building your own blogs with quality content posting..but I am not sure why he is advising to not share them with public? what would be the benefit to create hidden blogs from public..our main motive is to bring traffic to the websites and blogs can drive a good amount of traffic to the websites.....

manoj.kapoor, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  12. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Early indications show that this update has affected a much higher degree of sites than 1%.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  13. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for agreeing manoj. what i meant about private is the high pr blog network for link building. Cuz in reality, it takes so much effort to find relevant blogs with high pr to post our link. and most of the time it will end on a pr n/a page. So building your own private high pr network is a great way to get relevant high pr backlinks. And you have to keep it private to keep it safe, and it is just so hard for google to crack down PBN.

j3thro, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  14. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    OK another query guys… According to Google it is bad idea to build links with rapid race for the website..am I right? You can't build links with rapid race for any website else Google will hit your website. But today I was checking a big brand website and I found that the site has received 358, 542 new back-links from 05 Oct to 11 Oct. Even it received 140, 952 site-wide links for same time period and according to Google that is also bad practice.

I feel it’s like if a big leader is doing anything he is right because he is leader and if common man is doing the same thing that is wrong. I’ve attached the snapshot with this message for that brand, please check and provide your reviews.

External_Backlinks-zappos1.jpg

manoj.kapoor, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  15. rahul23

rahul23 Member

Best Answers:
    According to Google, its bad idea to Build links in any way. They want it to happen in Natural ways (like ur visitor share with their friends).

If your site is receiving links Only with links with anchor text "my key word" then your site will be punished for "my key word" but not for other keywords. If your site is receiving links with many anchor texts, naked links, social links then you will not.

Some of my sites penalized coz of targetting keywords, others with genuine links are still good.

rahul23, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  16. arun01167

arun01167 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Due to Penguin Update 2.1 my site traffic goes down. Please Suggest me what can i do for it.

arun01167, Oct 19, 2013 IP