1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do u belive in God or Science?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by vjsinduja, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    God doesn't explain beauty and wonders of the world. Science does on the other hand. Can you be more specific?

By the bible God created day and night before sun. Do you really think that it could happen that way???

ram4nd, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  2. pinayus27

pinayus27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Example: plants, animals or other living things.

pinayus27, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  3. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes science gives rational reasons by observation and evidence. For plants, animals or other living things. If you would actually read about evolution you would take it as a fact. You simply don't do any research and say that something that doesn't exist did that, because my parents told me so.

ram4nd, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  4. Youmax

Youmax Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO, science are what human mind yields by learning, get introduced to something new or anything. We began to write numbers and alphabets : 1, 2, 3, A, B, C,.. and we learn to make joints from all of them so there be words : walk, you, me, Jesus, Cookies, Chuck Norris. We began to write 1 + 1 then we learn if 1 added with another 1 so there be 2. And pretty much later on came out Algebra, Centrifugal force, Periodic table, your wife shopping list with its each pricing. So here, the very basic of science is human thinking, human brain works, human instinct to learn things new.

How can be human could harness such power that can ruled over any living thing in the universe? Why human are perfectly shaped and gloriously but shaped not like an ape or a orangutan; and not the opposite?

And IMHO, if you do believe that science -which you kept saying here- is the single factor of creation the universe, then how you can not tell that every baby were born then will immediately give you preaching about gravity theory? did a baby can talk immediately? (if he/she does, I'm going to have a long talk with him/her about Syrian Issue or Russian secret lab)

Can you tell us if -accident exists, too- every living called mother not always bear children, but men?

(neither my intention or ambition to outsmart/insult people here, as I see this is an open discussion and solely my self-reassuring that God do exists, and please do forgive me for my worst English, I missed my 5th English class yesterday)
    -coffee

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Youmax, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  5. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    We didn't learn that 1+1=2 we had one item and had another item so we had to name them somehow. Numbers and letters are human made, not some universal knowledge by god that we taped in. We have many languages which don't have letters A, B, C but use hieroglyphs for an example.

Humans are far from perfect. Every species is attracted to same species, so you see people more attractive. But lack of fur just means we have to wear clothes. We don't have any weapons. We are weak and slow. Our brains had to evolve to make us survive.

My only concern is that religion harms people. Poisons minds, takes science away and tries to make faith more important. That is only the beginning, I could go for hours on why religion is bad.

ram4nd, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  6. Youmax

Youmax Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you telling me that we human species are attracted to monkey species? Are the monkey (for example) is the perfect one than human? Why I haven't heard about monkey inventing nuclear bomb than Albert Einstein did? Hello there mate, yes indeed we were a bit fur-less and weak from the day we born. I don't wanted to see a baby born looked exactly like a baboon, neither every mother in this globe too. Somehow we were created as a glorious creature and I thank for it.

I can go days too mate to get knowledge why religion is bad why religion dictates people. But I'm not concerned about that at the moment. I'm waiting for a logic, condensed, well-spoken explanation of God does exists.
    -coffee

Youmax, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You should first properly think about your post before asking such a question. Science does not eliminate the possibility of g-;d. First of all, you have no answers, nor does anybody. So arrogance will never get us any further. If you want to choose the big bang as a theory eliminating a "higher power", you are just as bad as fundamentalist religious people. Because the first cell/molecule/atom has to come from somewhere.

I am not against you starting this thread.

I am just stating that (in hope this will be the last thread), somehow this forum might be contributing to becoming a zone of safety for those who wish to talk freely about their earnest confusion/convictions rather than spinning their wheels trying to conquer a battler they can't, or siding with those who have their backs, but nothing to say.

Blogmaster, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  8. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    How did you read from my sentence that I said humans are attracted to monkeys? I specifically said that animals from same species have more attraction!

Why are you even asking something as stupid as that? Monkeys and nuclear bomb??? How are those related?

You do not get my point. You think that you are glorious creature. But you are not. You are weak. You have same hole for eating and breathing so you can choke on your food! Your eyes see poorly, owls see much better than us.

ram4nd, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  9. Ted Reka

Ted Reka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a case about believing god or science, is just the fact that some people (I like to put myself there as well) like the fact of a supernatural "thing" guiding us through the days of our lives.

Ted Reka, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  10. Youmax

Youmax Active Member

Best Answers:
    The monkey part is wrong (lol) sorry for that I didn't repeat read your post. Anyway, I guess I should stop debating animals, ram4nd. Yep, its whole different level from the discussion and I don't wanted wasting my cool over somebody wanted to be like animal. I noticed that you're likely hate human for its 'lacking'.

Yes we human, can't run faster than cheetah, we don't had a long neck like giraffe, or piercing gaze like owl like you, just said. Because what? Definitely because we DID NOT EVEN TO HAD IT AT ALL. We don't need to run faster like cheetah only to catch a squishy deer, we can shoot it from afar. We don't need a hilarious long necky-decky like giraffe to get fruits and branches, we can chop down the tree. We also don't need a piercing gaze like owl has, to find foods at night, because we human, are much already had nearby Chop Stik or Pizza Palace, we also invent A PHONE! Isn't that smart?? Savvy?

If owl didn't had its special eyes, then owl must been extinct long time ago before we know it, study it, before we saw it and before you bring it here, because they died starving. Nuff said!

Youmax, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  11. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    No I don't hate humans for lacking something. I am telling you that don't say that humans are amazing animals and every way better than other animals as that is clearly not the case.

We have had phones for 20 years. Fast food has been there a little longer. Humans have more brainpower, that is obvious. But that is the only thing that is better from animals.

Yes that is a very good evolutionary argument.

ram4nd, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  12. Brooktroutballer

Brooktroutballer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hypothetical evolution scenario: So there were monkeys, some of which grew less hair and found that that less hair was beneficial to their particular isolated environment. Therefore the less haired monkeys bred with each other creating more hairless monkeys. With many predators in the area the hairless monkeys who had the most strait spine could stand the tallest and frighten away predators (or run faster than the others). The short hunchbacked monkeys would fall victim to predation and not be able to breed due to lack of trees and being pushed out of a treed environment. (Think Climate change) This leaves only the monkeys with no hair and strait human like spines to breed among each other, thus creating a species of upright walking hairless monkeys. Over millions of years a lot of evolution can take place...

Brooktroutballer, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  13. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://livinghealthyguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/body-Evolution.jpg

As you can see the hair loss is relatively late, it might be caused because hairlessness was attractive. There are no possible evolution scenarios. There were only one scenario. Fossile records are there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_evolution_fossils

Evolution is not questionable. It's a fact. You simply don't care or close your eyes to the vast evidence. Evolution of small animals with short lifespan is happening before our own eyes(Flies). Evolution in bacteria is widely know, I believe that everybody knows that bacteria evolves to be immune to antibiotics. Yes I used sentence believe, because I have no evidence of this and it's possible that there are people who don't know that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

ram4nd, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  14. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We've been through this before. Evolution is not fact, it's an extremely poor explanation of the 'vast evidence' when critically compared with the creationist approach, which accounts for the data far better. Variation within one type of creature (like flies, or bacteria) does not qualify as macroevolution, let alone prove evolution between creatures. Evolution has serious scientific difficulties that many leading evolutionists have admitted on record. Could you at least have the integrity to admit there are scientific problems with evolution?

melprise, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  15. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, can you name one problem? You do realise that it happens over more time than you can comprehend?

ram4nd, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  16. Youmax

Youmax Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, ah wait! (this coffee is good)
    So what is matters now, God are exists or still, science, creates this universe and the bacterias too?

Youmax, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  17. Youmax

Youmax Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am amused my friend. Soon enough, the monkey there were introduced to a scissor and they get their friends to having a haircut.

Sounds like you telling them so, or imagination is that awesome? So what happen with the hairy monkeys?

Youmax, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  18. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Science doesn't create univerce and bactieria. Scientific method is the best method to determinate how they came to existance.

Hairy monkeys died off in a proccess of evolution throgh tens of thousands of years. Because women liked the not furry ones better, that is just one possible way, I don't know how it happened. I use logic not authoroty.

ram4nd, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  19. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can name dozens, the point is, you don't have the intellectual integrity to name one. Or to admit the debate is over alternative interpretations of the data, instead you repeat the misleading, 'I have the evidence, you don't' mantra. Your approach is entirely one of barking dogmatic authority, start to finish.

melprise, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  20. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can't name one. Maybe you can name some logical fallacies, but that's it. I have no authority, religion has authority. I have rastional conclusions based on evidence.

ram4nd, Oct 1, 2013 IP