1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Submission in Page rank 3 and above websites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by DeepaAM, Sep 29, 2013.

Will directory submission helps to rank website now aftr the google algorithm changes?
    I choose only directories above PR3

DeepaAM, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  2. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will tell you how to do it right. First, do NOT submit to more than 5 directories per day and do it MANUALLY! First, write 5 DIFFERENT titles for your website (do not use your main keyword MORE than 3 times for all submissions!). Then choose the best keywords and use ONLY once your main keyword in the keyword list and do NOT use anything related to it -> do NOT repeat it and add something in the end -> Example: how to do SEO and how to do SEO fast). Then, choose a good description and try to add your secondary keyword there. Do NOT use your main keyword here because this could harm your ranking if you use so many times your MAIN keyword... no matter it's in the description... And last, but not least, try to get a backlink from RELATED category only and from pages with A FEW OBL's!!! ;)

patco, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  3. emilystephi

emilystephi Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think that directory submission may bring backlinks to your website. You can submit it to your niche directory to increase crawler frequency.
    You may get a backlink from Dmoz. But Dmoz is not accepting any listing since last two years!!! So i prefer to go with this tactic only for crawler frequency....

emilystephi, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  4. DeepaAM

DeepaAM Member

Best Answers:
    How can i find niche directories?

DeepaAM, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  5. neilowen

neilowen Peon

Best Answers:
    That should be really easy. Just type your niche and then the word directory into Google and bingo.

Any other directories simply won't do well for traffic and respectability, so whats is the point!

By the way, what is the niche you are targeting?

neilowen, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  6. DeepaAM

DeepaAM Member

Best Answers:
    hospitality consultancy :(

DeepaAM, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  7. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    NO

SearchBliss, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  8. neilowen

neilowen Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you think that that a link from a relevant website wouldn't help?

9. SearchBliss

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Because Google no longer values directory backlinks because ANYONE can submit ANYTHING. Even the big directories like Yahoo and DMOZ don't carry much weight anymore. Submit to your hearts content, it usually doesn't hurt, but that all depends on the directory. Are they reviewing submissions first or not?

Jim4767 likes this.
  10. neilowen

neilowen Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a bit unfair on directories to tar them all with the same brush. I run a rather successful web design directory. Its a PR6 directory, but many people miss the point. Its not about the Page Rank, but rather that I am selective about who I enter into the directory and therefore can target some quite decent keyword terms and actually get my members a bit of traffic.

I'm not saying that people should submit their website to tons of directories, but if there are those directories that appear for some decent search terms then they should consider them. I do however consider general directories to be completely redundant!

I guess my point is why would they consider a directories backlink not worth anything if they position them high up in their searches for industry specific terms?

11. SearchBliss

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm not painting all directories with the same brush, Google mainly is. You have good points, but Google just isn't counting backlinks the way it used to. A subject specific directory is certainly better than a general one, and being selective with the sites listed is key. That's all.

12. neilowen

neilowen Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand what you getting at, however I still think that if Google values a directory high enough to be rank amongst some of the most difficult search terms on the web, then they must also value the links included on the website. I personally haven't seen any evidence to suggest otherwise.

I do completely agree that people need to be more selective where they get backlinks from. I see lots of people spamming dofollow blogs to get backlinks, where once they have gained too many backlinks will be penalised by Google and then this backlink will do more damage than good.

I do also think that there are a lot of directories that have given us a bad name, however they are the ones disappearing from the search engine.

13. kirangodbole

kirangodbole Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i guess there will no change for directory submission and if we go with high pr and good directory it will definitely help us to rank.

kirangodbole, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  14. naveenjosh

naveenjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where you find that now Google is not giving any values to Directories. Even the big directories like Yahoo and DMOZ don't carry much weight anymore. Can you please share the link or anything which help us to understand your point??
    Also, Any link can give value if it was generated naturally and in a ethical manner(like checking IP, Location as per website, should be niche.. etc). No one can say that directories/ articles or whatever submitted free would not give any value to keyword ranking.

naveenjosh, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  15. mishainfotech

mishainfotech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my view, still directory back links will carry value but not that much value as it was carrying earlier. The important thing is the submission should be exact i.e in the relevant directory under suitable category with unique title and description. Make your description and title more relevant to your business promotion and should try to answer the user queries. Overall, the user behavior and query inputs is going to be the key to success.

mishainfotech, Sep 30, 2013 IP