1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the worst country in the World?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by makeit easy, Sep 27, 2013.

I think Turkey is the worst country to live. But I don't want to discuss about Turkey. I am trying to forget it.
    I opened this thread to learn other bad countries. Because I am not sure on where to move. Since Turkey is a third world country we are not allowed to enter to the developed countries even as a tourist. So I am trying the choose the best country from the bad ones. I know I am not allowed to enter to EU, UK, AU, CA, NZ and the US. So, those are not worst countries for me, including Greece, Spain, Italy, Ireland, France which have still problems with their economic indicators. Those are excellent countries for me. Please don't tell me Greece, US or Ireland is the worst country to live. I won't believe you since I live in the middle of hell. I could spend $1M to get a chance to live in one of those. But I am not a millionaire. So, I am trying to choose the best one that I can afford.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    makeit easy, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  2. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    No response? Well. It's a proof of that we have to talk about only positive only.
    Which country is beautiful?
    Which car is best? etc.
    Let's discuss these. Everything is positive. fine. there is no bad country.

makeit easy, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You think Turkey is the worst country, why? Your current leaders from Muslim brotherhood are corrupt and stupid but thanks to Ataturk, you still have your basic rights. With all the Iranian money that was poured in Turkey, your country also had a big economic development. I have seen very good and expensive 6 lane highways in Turkey that practically go nowhere and Istanbul is quite luxurious.
    In regard to Europe, you just need to get a visa which is the same for almost all countries with the exception of a few. Now, if you want hell wholes then you should try Bangladesh or some countries in Africa.

gworld, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I've no idea what life is like in your country, but I can say I like its people (the ones I have met so far) a lot.

I can't say there is a very bad country for me (that I have visited). They were all nice, some nicer than England, although (overall) for me England is the best country to live it. At least where I live (and the places I visit) it's an opportunity for everyone regardless of where they are from, their religion, sexuality, gender, ethnicity, etc. People achieve what they want to, just a few babies crying instead of doing. The health and welfare system is also very good (and bad, depending on how you look at it) here.

However, if money was not an issue (if I was to move abroad, I would probably only be able to teach English, so my income wouldn't be that great unlike now, unless I focused solely on online ventures rather than just being for beer/holiday money), there are nicer countries to live in. Finland, Norway and Switzerland are insanely expensive, but beautiful. Russia is a very beautiful country (and so far very safe, peaceful in the places I've visited), but a poor welfare system. I would say the same applies to Poland, too.

I haven't lived in (or visited) the following countries, but to me they would be the worst to live in:

1. Somalia
    2. North Korea
    3. Saudi Arabia
    4. Afghanistan
    5. Iraq
    6. Zimbabwe
    7. Sudan
    8. Syria
    9. Iran
    10. Ivory Coast
    And the list could go on and on. I'm not sure about the USA. A difficult to live in country due to the way the healthcare system works, I think. It seems great if you're rich, though.

ryan_uk, Sep 28, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  5. makeit easy

Best Answers:
    @gworld, thanks for commenting. I don't want to go into much about politics. I don't like the current leader. Yes we have some basic rights compared to other muslim countries Because we had a great leader, Ataturk. But those rights are basic and not enough. Also economy is bad, 6 lane roads mean nothing if you have to buy most expensive fuel in the World. Only a small center of Istanbul is luxury. Other biggest part of the city is not, a little better than Bangladesh.

@ryan_uk, people are almost same everywhere. Turkish people are like other people. There are good and bad persons everywhere. I don't have an issue with people. Thanks for reminding me Russia. Because I can visit Russia without visa barriers. They give us 1 month tourist visa. Russia is much better than Turkey to live. I will visit Russia asap to see the life there. I hope I can find a way to stay there permanently. Thanks.

By the way, paying a few hundreds $ per month for healthcare is not a problem even if you are not rich. In fact, healthcare is paid everywhere. There is no free health service anywhere. Some countries take those premiums, fees from the people under different names of taxes, etc. Some countries don't hide anything and ask you to pay your health expenses, insurance premiums directly.

makeit easy, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Then there are those very poor who can't pay for health insurance. Or finding that your insurance refuses to cover something and being lumbered with a massive bill.

I like the UK's system where it comes out of wages directly and goes to the government (well, so I hope!). Go to the hospital, doctor, etc, and not worry about paying a big bill at the end of treatment.

Russia is well worth it. If my wife and stepdaughter hadn't got visas, I would have moved there. In a way, it's a bit of a shame as I love the country, but we will retire there one day (about 30 years or so from now). From my research, it seems that it is quite a drawn out process to get a TRP (Temporary Residence Permit), but not difficult.

ryan_uk, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  7. makeit easy

Best Answers:
    I've just noticed my thread has been moved to "politics" section from the "general chat" for the cost of an infraction point. So I can go into politics.

You are right about those very poor people who can't pay anything. Yes it's also possible that some of those poor persons may not able to work due to some illness or disabilities. Governments should help those poor part of a society. It's related being a social state or not. In Europe, countries are social states. As for my knowledge, in the US, you have to take care of your own health problems and you are alone, government doesn't help you for your health expenses. On the other hand, if you are young and healthy, US is the biggest economy and offers good business opportunities to have a good living standards. So if you live in the US, you must plan your own retirement while you are young, healthy and able to work. When I compare both systems, social state vs liberal economy, both of them are almost equal for an individual depending on personal skills and health conditions. For me, I would be happy to pay for healthcare if I had a chance living in the US. However I understand the position of poor, disabled, elderly people in the US. European system is better for those people.

makeit easy, Sep 28, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  8. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    North Korea is the worst country in the world.

werliyu, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In a way you are paying the price of success and all the free money that Iran has poured into your economy. The fact that Istanbul has become a meeting point for the Middle East because of the problems everywhere else also doesn´t help. That is the reason that Hotels and some restaurants are more expensive than London or NewYork. We went to a Sushi restaurant next to Radisson hotel and the bill for 7 person was over $2000 and we didn´t even drink anything. There were a lot of Turkish people there so obviously a part of your country is benefiting from the economic development. A friend of mine who works with Ordegan´s son was claiming that Ordegan is richer than Bill Gates now.
    In regard to Russia, you just need to look at all the Russian hookers in Istanbul and Ankara to know that the ordinary people in Russia have it as bad as the Turkish people. This is the new international trend that the rich in each country are going to take to the last people from the ordinary people and leave them high and dry.

gworld, Sep 29, 2013 IP
    makeit easy likes this.
  10. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
  11. makeit easy

Best Answers:
    It's not related to Iran or anywhere else. Also in my opinion the money coming from Iran or other similar countries to Turkey can be negligible since Turkey is about $1 trillion economy with 75 million population. If there is a development in Turkish economy, the money should be the money of western countries.

Some or most of people in Turkey are very opportunist. It's a very old story in Turkey. You are mixing this with Iran and islam money. Typical Turkish person is not like an Arab. For example, I am drinking my 7th beer right now. I don't think it's legal to drink in Middle East and Iran. Another difference may be this, Historically, Iran or other neighbors of Turkey is not enemy. Current government thinks Syria is our enemy but if you ask Turkish people, most probably they will say Syria is our brother and we can't fight with them. It's similar with Iran, Georgia, Greece, Bulgaria and other neighbor countries.. This makes Turkey is very different from the West since West thinks Iran is a 100% enemy. It's not valid for Turkey as far as I know. Iran is our another friend like Greece and US and Russia and Syria. We can't fight with any of them unless they attack us. So it's a proof, none of them is an enemy.

Let's turn to your expensive bill. If you are looking rich, if you are apparently not a Turkish (it will also give them a sign that you are rich since an average Turkish person is poor with $400 monthly minimum wage), you are just a cow in the eyes of those people and they will try to milk you as much as they can. This is a reality in Turkey.

As for me, I won't live in Turkey. I am going to do everything to escape from this hell. I am preparing myself to die if I have to live here. I won't stay in this hell. Turkey is a hell. I am 37 and I don't want to enter to my 38 in this hell.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    makeit easy, Oct 4, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  12. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are wrong. Iranian money moved in to Turkey after Dubai made it difficult for them. There is also free natural gas that you are getting from them. There is also a false economy based on speculation in real estate. There is no significant money from western countries coming to Turkey. I agree with you Turkish people being opportunistic to the point of stupidity but that is because they still have the village mentality and they are also poor as you mentioned. I was travelling to Turkey every week for awhile. I was in Istanbul and asked a car rental place how much it costs if they drive me to my hotel. They told me the price was 80 lire which I agreed and they drove me to my hotel. Exactly one week later I was back in Istanbul and went to the same place and asked how much it costs to take me to the hotel which was next to the other one. They told me 80 Euros which as you know it is about 200 lire. I told them I was there last week and it costed 80 lire and why does it cost 80 Euros now. He was surprised and asked me, where you here last week which I answered yes. He turned around and said OK, 80 lire then. I had many such experience in Turkey and when I told you about the restaurant, they didn´t charge me because I was a foreigner. It is because of corruption, some Turkish people got the money to pay the fantasy prices. You have the same situation in India.

gworld, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  13. makeit easy

Best Answers:
    @gworld I agree mostly with what you write above, about real estate and about your taxi example.

One point we don't agree: Iranian or Middle Eastern money is very small, almost negligible. As far as I know and see, Western, especially European capital is the biggest one here. Some European banks bought some banks here. Some entered to the country directly under their own brands. Not only to banking sector, almost all the sectors and they are in the top 5-10 companies in their industries. For example Vodafone, second biggest mobile company here, riginally it's a European company.You can imagine how much money you will need to buy and operate a bank or a GSM service provider. Billions of dollars. Those must be much bigger than a gas bill. Investors from Western countries also hold xxx biliions $ worth of government bonds. They also lend directly to the private sector and private banks more than they give to government.

You can't compare those money with a gas bill. Also Iran is not a single gas seller. The biggest gas seller is Russia.

makeit easy, Oct 7, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  14. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been to Istanbul recently. Turkey is OK, what are you talking about. Better than 90% of Russia. And $400 a month is a dream for many if not most Russians that don't live in Moscow or do some hazardous jobs in oil/gas/coal pits in siberia

thesickearth, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  15. makeit easy

Best Answers:
    You are comparing a 15 millions city with a rural area in another country. But still you are wrong. $400 is not even monthly rent of wast majority of the flats. There are millions in the same 15 millions city working for $400. How do they live? More than 2 persons live in the same flat and everyone is working for $400. They can hardly pay their bills, can buy only food, mostly bread and similar cheapest foods. They are seriously poor and are in debt terribly as their income is always insufficient. There are also rural places where $400 is dream though it's the minimum wage. Russia is a better country in general. I would live in Russia if it was possible. Of course Russia is not the best. But it's better for sure.

makeit easy, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  16. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well cramp them up in the same apartment and save money. Live on the roof or sleep in the car. I know an ex-illegal Chinese dude turned into an American Millionaire, he was paying something like $15-20 a month to live in NYC; all bills included. he rented 8 hours out of 1 bed in the room with another 12-15 beds. Do you really need more than 8 hours?
    Btw how much are basic utilities in Turkey-- electricity, water, natural gas, etc? Are there discounted passes for Metro? I figure 3 liras is too muych one-way if you make $400 . I also wanted to ask about ( Talman? Salman? ) fermented black carrot juice? What is that and how does it taste like?

thesickearth, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  17. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    from the worst i ll prefer
    Pakistan
    Philippine
    Malaysia
    to live

MrPJH, Nov 5, 2013 IP