1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Algorithm Update "Hummingbird" Has been Rolled out

Discussion in 'Google' started by log0008, Sep 26, 2013.

A number of new website around the world are reporting that Hummingbird has been rolled out, with the following coming from news.com.au

Anyone noticing changes? Whats your thoughts, for me since around August i have had about 20% traffic from Google!

log0008, Sep 26, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. james0360

james0360 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    New algo is out last month. http://searchengineland.com/google-hummingbird-172816

james0360, Sep 26, 2013 IP
    indyonline and danasurvey like this.
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if Hummingbird will crap all over sites like Panda and Penguin did. :rolleyes:

danasurvey, Sep 26, 2013 IP
    log0008 likes this.
  4. james0360

james0360 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    their hasnt been much fluctuations as per mozcast. so will need to wait & watch.

5. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, it's been out for a month, Google announced it today on their 15th Birthday

log0008, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  6. fadhi123

fadhi123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    what is main effect on our ranking and search engine traffic ?

fadhi123, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  7. james0360

james0360 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    this is how the results look like with the new algo. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=broccoli+versus+cheeseburger

8. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its all about understanding longer search terms and not just keywords, aka understanding the word as a sentence not a single word

log0008, Sep 26, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  9. emilystephi

emilystephi Member

Best Answers:
    Yes... This new update is all about shifting from short term keywords such as "buy shoes" to long tail search terms "i want to buy nike shoes online".
    This update will reduce the importance of generic keyword terms. And through this, Google is trying to understand what exactly users are looking for and want to provide the exact results. Hence, Google can satisfy the users & can reduce wasting time on search...

Yes, i noticed certain decrement on my organic search traffic in contribution to my client's site. I am not sure, its due to hummingbird. However, i was stumbling here and there to rectify the reasons since last 30 days...

emilystephi, Sep 26, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  10. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I saw a small but a little bit more traffic in the last 30 days!

log0008, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  11. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How in the world can reducing generic terms be organic or more exact, when most users do not construct searches using complete sentences? When was the last time you used a complete sentence when doing your own casual Google search for something?

melprise, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  12. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the area it will help is when doing research and you ask a question like 'How Does the Google Algorithm Work?"

log0008, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  13. txf

txf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunatelly this algorithm wants too finish small webmasters.

txf, Sep 27, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  14. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree, its just about getting the right content to the right people

log0008, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  15. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess we are yet to see the effect of this new Algorithm update. Crossing my fingers it will do good and not bad like before

simple007, Sep 27, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  16. hiralkahar

hiralkahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is always thinking for visitor, for SEO people we have to find some more new stuff for keep our sites on top, if we follow same old method after this "Hummingbird" we loss traffic and business, so be ready for quality and smart work

hiralkahar, Sep 28, 2013 IP
    log0008 likes this.
  17. plf0903

plf0903 Member

Best Answers:
    I think it has done at least one thing, today I was using search for something and I usually do a local (Australia) search and then switch to google.com to see what differences show up, today nothing was different on three search attempts and it should have been, has always been until now. Good job I haven't been reliant on Google for anything for a couple of years now.

plf0903, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  18. emilystephi

emilystephi Member

Best Answers:
    What i meant was, if you search with whatever the search term, you are going to get the results with greater accuracy... Earlier, Google had relied completely on the generic terms in your search query.
    For example: if you are searching for "top selling books 2013 in india" . And Google returns the SERP results which mainly focus on the terms like books, india, 2013 sell etc. The result can come up with any combination of these terms with or without!!!!
    But i personally feel that, this time Google will treat your search term as a complete single entity. That means Google will return results that include all the search terms... Hence, you wont get any unnecessary data... You get only what you expected....

Again I am highlighting what Amit Singhal says about Hummingbird:
    "You should not be spending your time searching, you should be spending your time living"

emilystephi, Sep 28, 2013 IP
    log0008 likes this.
  19. achher

achher Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has recently announced new algorithm for Google search. What do you think about the various components and sep strategies are effected positively or negatively by this change.
    On page seo
    title
    keywords
    discription
    author
    place
    snippets
    Off page seo
    Social Bookmarks
    web 2.0 profiles
    forum profiles
    article marketing
    blog comments
    forum posting
    wiki links
    blog networks
    high pr links
    RSS feeds
    press Release
    blog posting
    google places
    pdf doc marketing
    other doc marketing
    video marketing
    .edu links
    .gov links
    niche relevant links
    link pyramids
    link wheels
    open link wheels

Or anything else I do not know. We should have a thorough discussion on why an effect will takes place and how if possible. It will help save a lot of time and effort in experimentation for fellow marketer.

achher, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  20. plf0903

plf0903 Member

Best Answers:
    Google has to stop doing what it wants (or needs to make money) if it wants to remain dominant, it will lose the fight doing what it is doing now, once all the small advertisers leave then the medium size ones follow and then the big ones, at that point Google will be done with, I have my doubts now if they can stop the rot that has set in.

I mentioned before I got the same results for searches from google.com.au and google.com and that is just not what i wanted at all, so Google failed to provide what I wanted even if it knew I am in Australia, Google needs to realise, I decide what I want, not Google.

It is the same with what it has done to gmail, was anyone except an overpaid and under-worked geek justifying their existence at Google wanting these changes, I don't know anyone who was, and their spam filters seem to be truly pathetic now, I am getting obvious spam (free electricity motors and lottery winnings emails) in my main in boxes again

plf0903, Sep 28, 2013 IP