1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is $299 too much to pay for SEO services?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Lokahi, Sep 20, 2013.

1. dynamyk

dynamyk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your SEO service costs are going to depend on your needs,your target keywords and the competition level associated with each. If you are just starting out I recommend you use one of the many SEO services that work off of the pay for performance model which means they must achieve some level of success before you pay anything! Also it's a good idea to budget your money according to the increase In monthly revenue you see after each month of hosting to try and gauge that works for you.

dynamyk, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  2. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    $299/- it totally depends on the website type. For example: if a website is all about Real Estate in USA, then the said amount is not sufficient as real estate is vast subject, but if it is a plumbing services in Texas, then $299 is enough.

So, here to make a point, pricing factors depends on - Industry(niche market) & Website

sameer_max, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  3. royalstar_23

royalstar_23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The thing is: If you get the results from $299 and you are earning triple then $299 say $900. Then i think its worth to pay $299. I would like to know what the company is providing you, They might create the package as how many links they will provide, From which websites, What will be the content to those website.. What kind of submissions they will be doing the article they will write please check before they submit, Might be keyword stuffing. There are alot of things that i can discuss on this topic.

I too hired few persons before i started SEO myself from Bangladesh just to save my money but they were nothing worth, Then i hired few local persons, They were far too expensive but i saw the results with in few days., And even i get double profit after using their services, So the thing is how the SEO provider is working.. A quality work always comes with expense and you will get the fruit too later on..

royalstar_23, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  4. Getawab

Getawab Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can't estimate SEO for any price. Its a service and it can be lower if you want low quality it can be high it depends on the service you want.

Getawab, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  5. Marketing King

Marketing King Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on what keywords you are trying to get ranked for. I used to work for a marketing agency and 299 is actually a very very low price compared to what some big companies pay, it goes into the thousands. As I say, it depends on what keywords you want to rank for, how competitive they are and how much work it will take to get there.

Marketing King, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  6. Lokahi

Lokahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    It could be justified to spend that if you were certain (or guaranteed) they could get the results for you. I don't know if this would be a good price if they were just going to try their best with no promise of success.

Lokahi, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  7. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    With that budget, most likely it will give you better results but never a guaranteed first page on google. Besides, NO ONE can guarantee top rankings as they do not own google. If you're so afraid to pay that much on SEO, guess you never had a clue on how much a profitable keyword(s) can bring to the table.

j3thro, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  8. Lokahi

Lokahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not afraid to pay, and very well aware what a keyword is worth. But also not willing to put out that kind of money on a company without a proven track record. It would be very foolish to pay so much money if they had not gotten those results I want, for other clients. Just want some kind of proof the company is capable of earning the money I'm paying. Offer proof of past success or guarantee of future success.

Lokahi, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  9. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    But you sound that you were afraid to pay basing on your previous post. You just said if they 'make no promise of success', you don't know if its a good price. Seems like you really want a guarantee where no one can really guarantee you since it's google they're dealing with. Now you're talking that it's okay if they have proven track records, which I do agree. It is just normal or maybe even common sense that before paying for an SEO service, buyers should know what they're buying, read reviews by past/existing customers and see if they have proven track records as well then decide it from there.

j3thro, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  10. MikeBuyco

MikeBuyco Member

Best Answers:
    $299, it will depend on the type of service they provide. Don't go buying seo services if you don't know how to implement the seo strategy to your site. Many make a mistake of just relying to a service when they don't know seo themselves. But if the services helps your productivity then go for it.

MikeBuyco, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  11. MagicMonkey

MagicMonkey Member

Best Answers:
    lol
    $299/month packages tend to read like this

We build 50 high quality blog posts
    50 blog commenting service
    100 social bookmarks
    50 forum links

Really this entails
    We spin a crappy article and submit to even crappier sites
    We comment on blogs providing no SEO value using a technique that provides no seo value
    we build social bookmarks that havent worked for over a year
    we make forum links that look like spam

$299 is a drop in an ocean. If you're trying to rank a micro niche blog you can get small results from this but basically $299 is not expensive. It's CHEAP!

MagicMonkey, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  12. Theneo

Theneo Member

Best Answers:
    yes .....299$ is too much .... you can watch out for many cheaper SEO services yet not so cheap as it can do some negative affect ....btw why dont learn some seo technique and do it yourself

Theneo, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  13. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You need to find out what exactly they'd be doing for you each month. $299 a month is a lot if they're doing very little, so make sure. Also ask and find former/existing clients to contact them about the service. I find that charging on a per page basis so my clients can see the results without the financial commitment works best for me and them. Just do your research and good luck.

SearchBliss, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  14. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the skills of seo expert, some SEO expert would charge more than $300, so there is no fixed price.

alex06295, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  15. Lee Fox

Lee Fox Peon

Best Answers:
    As others have said it really depends. 299.99 is 1 listing on yahoo directory, and I always include it for clients link building if they have budget.

If you're paying 299 for a fiver blast, then yes, you are definitely paying too much!

Lee Fox, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  16. starcaller

starcaller Banned

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    SEO is totally changed now a days. It needs quality work and quality work always need high budget.
    SEO prices depends on keywords competition and service provider. But according to me Minimum SEO prices start at $99/month. There is no limit for maximum Prices because its lot depend on work volume.

starcaller, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  17. Peterbndrs

Peterbndrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    $140/month am spending and ranking to page 1 of G on spot 4-5. If keyword is highly competitive it is not money but consistent SEO mean it may take 3-4 months to achieve the result. If keyword research is good it is 4-6 weeks to page 2 or 1. On page SEO requirements should be taken care off. $299 a month is way higher for SEO.

Peterbndrs, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  18. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Seems like the normal price. I would totally pay that amount if i had a serious online store selling physical products.

Helge Sverre, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  19. crazyblogger

crazyblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well its not that easy to buy SEO services any more. Money is nothing, the main concern is how they do SEO, with all these Penguin/Panda updates and Manual action by google, you don't wanna risk your site falling into the manual action line. I think its better that you learn some SEO technique yourself and use the money you would give to these company and outsource most of the work and do the final Tier 1 like building yourself.

crazyblogger, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  20. highphiverr

highphiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's at the lower end of the spectrum. You get what you pay for.

highphiverr, Feb 4, 2017 IP