1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Terms and Conditions May Apply

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gworld, Sep 22, 2013.

Everything in our digital lives now comes with this legally binding contract, a contract designed to take away fundamental rights. And with 30 or more pages of undecipherable legalese at many sites, how is anyone supposed to understand the nature of the trade for digital services?

Read this article, quite interesting.

Our data is our digital identity - and we need to reclaim control

gworld, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Rebecca, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is a good question. People in the documentary believe people should protest and force lawmakers to make new laws that respects people privacy and rights. I won´t hold my breath that governments will respect people privacy and rights any time soon. Putin´s security group has ordered 20 new typewriters and they have decided not to use computers while they are out of Russia and instead rely on papers. I think people can fight it with filling the web with multiple digital identities and also try to use other countries websites instead of Americans. Don´t open 1 facebook, google, twitter,... account but instead 10 with different names, genders,.... All the accounts will be connected to your IP and at least it makes it difficult to know which one of the 10 is real you.

gworld, Sep 24, 2013 IP
    Bushranger likes this.
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's hard to fight it completely. I get paid with Google Adsense, and give them my real information so they can deposit money in my bank account. I'm not logged in that particular account often. I do have a couple of other Google accounts I use more. Also, just about every time I login, I have a different IP. It's the HMA Pro VPN. It will actually let you choose what country you're in. But Google is pretty sophisticated. They probably know I'm the same, and are collecting all my information. :) On social media, I'm totally with you! I don't use it to connect with family and post personal stuff. I'll usually start a new Twitter account with every blog and website I build, and it's always under the domain name. Same with Pinterest. It's just business. I stay away from Facebook altogether. I've started too many accounts there only to get bored and end up abandoning them. I completely agree too that we can't turn to government to protect our privacy.

Rebecca, Sep 24, 2013 IP
    Bushranger likes this.
  5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its impossible to truly defeat. The NSA has cracked TOR, and I suspect some large quantity of TOR networked computers are actually run by the NSA. NSA data centers have sufficient capacity to store every last byte of internet traffic for years, and they are expanding it by the day. All internet traffic into and out of the country is already monitored/recorded, and I suspect the same is becoming true inside of the country. The 128bit ssl encryption you use to communicate with your banking establishments has been cracked for a very long time.

They obviously don't have the capability to process this information in real time (yet), but forensically, every last thing you do on the internet can be dissected and reassembled. Rebecca, I think its great you use a VPN service. While it is practically impossible to hide from the government no matter how cautious you are, you can make it very difficult for identity thieves and private enterprise to assemble a clear digital profile for you. You should check out VirtualBox, free virtualization software. I do all of my "unsafe" and "unprofiled" browsing inside of virtual machine that can be wiped on demand. Cookies, identifications, ip address, cache, everything goes everytime the virtual machine gets powered off. The machine comes back up, VPNs in via a new proxy server with no cookies installed whatsoever, and you are like a brand new user, using the internet for the first time.

Banking, and sites requiring a real identity get done on entirely different networks that never touch any of my online digital life. Sites like twitter and facebook, under your own identity, are extremely hazardous. True privacy is nearly impossible to obtain.

Oh, and you should consider everything sent from your smartphone to be compromised. Cell towers make for wonderful central points of data collection and they are wonderfully susceptible to man in the middle attacks.

Obamanation, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. You don´t need to suspect, they have already admitted that they are doing it.

gworld, Oct 10, 2013 IP