1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long will Google be top?

Discussion in 'Google' started by .hawaii, Sep 22, 2013.

Many companies who dominated for many years eventually declined (think Myspace), how long do you think it will be before Google is not considered the top way to search anymore? Or do you think this will even happen at all?

.hawaii, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  2. DexPedition

DexPedition Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been wondering the same, i expect it to last another 5 to 8 years when it will be replaced for something completely new, not by another search engine but because there will be a huge change in the way we surf the web.

DexPedition, Sep 23, 2013 IP
    pzelf, Focl and indyonline like this.
  3. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well said

indyonline, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  4. DexPedition

Best Answers:
    Thanks ;)

DexPedition, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  5. sarah12

sarah12 Member

Best Answers:
    What changes in your mind ?

sarah12, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  6. DexPedition

Best Answers:
    Mostly the way we discover new interesting content and the way we read it. I am not completely sure how it will change (if i would, i'd probably be working on it now :p) but what i do think is that the fact that you use keywords to search for something, will be completely gone.

7. sarah12

sarah12 Member

Best Answers:
    You said "the fact that you use keywords to search for something , will be completely gone" then how can we make a query about something we need through Google.

sarah12, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  8. DexPedition

Best Answers:
    I am not sure you fully understood this thread. Google will be gone, we are looking for ways to find the content you are looking for without Google ;)

9. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless someone could come up with a far better search engine which can sense what I am exactly looking for and show only those results which are really useful for me and exactly meet my requirements ;) :p

khemraj, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  10. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Things has changed recent years. Social media is increasing its market share. That’s why Google has introduced Google+

LinkGenie, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  11. Lee Fox

Lee Fox Peon

Best Answers:
    A long time judging by the way they're innovating all the time. ho can say, but they have stacks of cash and are the market leaders by a long shot. MySpace they are not.

Lee Fox, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  12. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    We will forget Google and social media in just a few years. Both of them already are old and boring. This thread is a proof.
    Almost everyone want something different than Google, youtube, twitter, etc. That's a silent fact for now.

makeit easy, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  13. kantus

kantus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google will survive longer than expected by some here. Reason is because they've pretty much dipped their hands into a lot of different industries, it's hard for them to fall. They have so many different products and services offered some tend to forget that Google has already seen some failed products yet they continue to strive. This is because they're so strong in so many of the major industries such as mobile. Android phones are pretty much on par with Apple's iphone and I foresee it will eventually surpass Apple in the next few years. What's going to be able to stop Google in a few years? If Google does fall or gets replaced by something else, it's going to take more than just a few years.

kantus, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  14. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google email and other Google products may survive longer. I was talking about only Google search. As a search engine, google will not be alone. Also the whole search engine business needs to be changed. I don't like to make a search on google. Alternative of Google search? I don't know for now. What I mean is there is a need for change. So I believe there will be a change soon and we will forget Google search. Google search is not good or enough to find something you really need. So there are 2 possibilities, you stop using internet to search something, or a new provider will enter to the industry.

makeit easy, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  15. Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius

Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius Member

Best Answers:
    Google has been working diligently to satisfy their searchers with quality information every minute, with the rate of updates Google has been making it surely tell us that Google always care for their users. Google search engine has been providing rich user experience and we don't want to stop finding our solutions on Google. My point is that Google search engine will last till they strive hard to satisfy the users.

16. hiralkahar

hiralkahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    in Next 5 years its not possible to take Google's position by any other search engine, Google is regular doing changes and updating their search result, Google's goal is to give best result or data what ever visitor are searching in GOogle, and for that Google is regular updating itself,

hiralkahar, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  17. plf0903

plf0903 Member

Best Answers:
    My money would be on voice commands to search for what you want, and then in about 50 years probably some kind of implanted link to our own device. Google is already declining, why do you think they are doing some of the things they are doing this year, it smacks of desperation already, but hey, that is what happens when your only motivation is money.

plf0903, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  18. MasalaClips

MasalaClips Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am noticing that more and more relevant results are being displayed by bing and even yahoo now a days. Google on the other hand is getting seriously molested by rogue webmasters and IMers who know a few tricks.

MasalaClips, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  19. PolkaDotMarketing

PolkaDotMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think Google is very, very far from any kind of a downfall. Does it have some issues? Sure it does. Just like absolutely everything that ever existed. The fact still remains that they are constantly improving and expanding their line of services and with the sort of innovation, resources, experience and budgets that they bring to the table it's very hard to imagine how bing or yahoo are going to catch up any time soon.

PolkaDotMarketing, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  20. Holyhero

Holyhero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right now, Google will still be on top of the hill for quite a long time, but you never know, one DP'er might be the next search engine giant

Holyhero, Oct 4, 2013 IP