1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my writting skills

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by VukasinI, Sep 16, 2013.

Hi people, how's going? I come from Serbia, small European country. English isn't my native language, so I kind have writting problems. I write a lot of articles on a daily basis, but I think there is a lot of grammar mistakes. So if you can review my writting skills on my blog, I will appreciate it. Here is the blog. I hope you can help me a little bit. Thanks!
    Have a nice day!

VukasinI, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If English is tricky, why don't you focus on the Serbian population and write a blog that becomes popular locally. You will probably get a better response and you won't be competing with more established English language sites. That said your English is actually pretty good.

Starting with your domain name "fireproved" is odd, I get what you are trying to say but it's clumsy.

Just looking at a single post: http://fireprovedmarketing.com/5-facebook-marketing-strategies/

Those mistakes are pretty basic and if I didn't know you were ESL I'd have thought it was a post that had been changed a bit but poorly edited - they're common enough mistakes when you are writing - something that was past tense becomes active and vice versa - but you forget to change all the words to reflect that.

You might benefit from an arrangement with someone who has a bit of time to kill to read over your posts and make suggestions. That might be someone who lives near you and in exchange you do odd jobs a couple of times a year, or walk their dog. Or it might be someone on the other side of the world and in exchange you help them with php/js/css issues (if that is an area of expertise you have). Or back packers"couch surfing"...

sarahk, Sep 16, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help. I was planning to start IM blog on serbian language definitely. It is in my future plans. I will try to realize that plan in the next couple of months.

VukasinI, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Your English is past acceptable, and I'll grade it at 95-96%. Trust me when I tell you that is an accurate grading. Please keep in mind that 50% of your traffic likely can't spell or read their way out of a wet paper bag.(the average reader) Therefore you have "no worries". (that's an Aussie expression);)

Spoiltdiva, Sep 21, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and VukasinI like this.
  5. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much Diva, I really appreciate your comment. I know that you are not a native speaker, and I can say that your English is really good.

VukasinI, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  6. chucker

chucker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think your English is pretty understandable, and that's what you need online. People are not grading your grammer, quality of content is much more important. I've counted 4 grammer mistakes just in this post of yours, but it's not important because everybody understood it. But I've seen an online tool that can help you, it's a paid service though but there probably are more similar sites or software that are cheaper or free. The one I've seen is grammerly, check that out if you need. Another option is proofreading your posts before submitting them, you'll see most of your mistakes when you read it one more time.

Cheers

chucker, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It was not always the case, believe me. But I studied English then went to work in the states for awhile and got better at it. I have noticed even in the short time you've been here at DP that your English has improved, at least your writing. Perhaps your accent is as strong as mine is. I will *never* lose my French accent.:)

Anyway as the above poster mentioned, *quality* of content is more important than grammar.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  8. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ilic, im also non native speaker, and i can read your posts quite without issue, they are not correctly written, but if you write about interesting original things, i think people will read.

postcd, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  9. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    I'm planning to visit Chicago next year, and I will probably stay two or more months so I hope my English will become even more better after that. Since I joined DP, I read a lot of posts so that probably led to big improvements.

VukasinI, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  10. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    I always try to read it few more times and find some mistakes. And I always find from 5-10 mistakes and correct them, but I always end up with a few in my post. The most important thing for now is that people can read my content, I will work on improvements in grammar.

VukasinI, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  11. Theneo

Theneo Member

Best Answers:
    welll reviewed your topic of social media marketing tips .. Well your english isn't that bad and is understandable ...however you can hire a native english proofreader and it shouldn't cost you much .... overall i must say that your writing skill is pretty good ...........

Theneo, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  12. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    Thanks.

VukasinI, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  13. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Nail on the head. The literacy level of native speakers can be incredibly poor, but the fact is a lot of people into IM and dreaming of making lots of money aren't from England, USA, Australia, etc, but instead India, Pakistan and so on.

At your level, classes would be pointless for you, but instead practise with a native speaker so that they can correct your minor mistakes and explain why they are wrong, give examples, etc. This is what I do with my wife (she's Russian) and it works very well for her.

ryan_uk, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  14. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to correct my mistakes as much as I can.

VukasinI, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  15. monkeye

monkeye Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Vukasinl,

Browsing your website I am getting this error from time to time.
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home4/ilicsa/public_html/fireprovedmarketing.com/wp-content/themes/twentythirteen/inc/custom-header.php on line 100
    PHP:
    It doesn't happen all the time but when it does I have to refresh the page to be able to read it.

monkeye, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  16. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    Doing some redesign, that is why you see the error.

VukasinI, Sep 29, 2013 IP