1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is $299 too much to pay for SEO services?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Lokahi, Sep 20, 2013.

Some of the SEO services sites charge $299 for monthly SEO. Doesn't that seem like a lot to pay for SEO, considering many of us actually do most of the SEO work for ourselves, such as content publication? Is $299 really a fair price to be paying for SEO? Also, about how much are you currently paying for SEO services month, if any?

Lokahi, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  2. artofmarketing

artofmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    $299 is way too much!!! You can actually do most of the work yourself and then buy a couple of Fiverr gigs and you'll probably get the same results!
    I use a plugin named 'Wordpress SEO by Yoast' and it actually tells you where to add certain things - and the best part is that it is FREE!
    After your post is done, simply go to Fiverr and buy a 'link pyramid' or 'link wheel' gig. Once this one is delivered take the links and buy another one and create backlinks to the links! You can also do some Social Bookmarking to finish the process. This will skyrocket your SEO and it will cost you much, much less than $299!
    Good luck :)
    Art

artofmarketing, Sep 20, 2013 IP
    MikeBuyco likes this.
  3. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    OMG, link pyramid and link wheel. Are you trying to do negative SEO to your site? $299, really depends on what they do and the quality of the backlinks. Of course we should also consider the return of investment. If a site can make $2K a month then paying $299 is really justified.

j3thro, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    $299 is nothing. Some of the largest websites have >10 full time staff doing SEO = $10 000's per week!
    You get what you pay for...

Agent000, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  5. Saikat96

Saikat96 Member

Best Answers:
    $299 is Noting Today .Today Success Valu high Because Now Competition Market .Google Change Many Update For Ranking So If Your Need ranking Invest Good

Saikat96, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  6. artofmarketing

artofmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well of course it will be an .edu pyramid reinforced with Wiki links. Sorry I didn't clear that up!

artofmarketing, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  7. NureA

NureA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    JUSTE USE wordpress, It is WAY too much!

NureA, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  8. ssaxena07

ssaxena07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $299.. This cost didn't suggest what you are buying.. A proper SEO task may call for much more funds! Its like differentiating between what is worth? shoes made by Gucci or the sandals from Bata (both are best at there place in terms of comfort and efficacy, but the price makes a difference). The much you pay, the better you get is the world's rule. All that matters is what we are getting in return :)

ssaxena07, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  9. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's normal if you really want to rank for a good keyword (like SEO SERVICES!). If any1 is ready to do this for $299 (for at least 3rd place in Google... or at least 1st page...), try his services! ;)

patco, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  10. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but I would really disagree on this one. It is a bad advice telling these people to go to fiverr and buy pyramid links. Even they are .edu. It will be spam and will get them penalized fast. Those type of links are even harmful even used as Tier2 backlinks.

j3thro, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  11. hanady

hanady Member

Best Answers:
    I think it really depends on your site and how much you are making. If this a large project that would produce a lot of money then it is really worth spending this amount of money, if your project is small then I recommend you take another route.

I think you could get a this service for a little cheaper if you post this kind of job on elance or peopleperhour, but you should definitely have to look carefully before choosing the right person or company for the job.

hanady, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  12. jainy25

jainy25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 to that. Google is very strict with such tactics nowadays and are quick to penalize websites for that.

I think it is important you do some research on your end before paying even a single cent. Analyze the traffic for the keyword(s) you are focusing on and anticipate the maximum traffic(which can come if you are on the 1st page or 1st link) you expect to convert into revenue(preferably analyze where you expect to stand in next 6 months). I know revenue assumptions are not easy to make. But still calculate a bare minimum figure in mind to be able to contemplate whether $299/month is worth it or not.

And of course, see their portfolio. If the person itself doesn't have the potential to take your site on the top, then all calculations will fail undoubtedly.

jainy25, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  13. bharathiseo88

bharathiseo88 Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you.

bharathiseo88, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  14. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is depend on what project that you are about to do.
    But to pay $299 in way too much.

werliyu, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  15. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ha ha, are you serious?

I would love to see the proof of a site that you have bought link pyramids from fiverr with and ranked for anything remotely decent.

The price you pay for SEO should be determined by what you are being offered in return, if someone offered to rank a web page at number 1 for "car insurance" for me I'd think $299 was a pretty good deal!!!

jamesbrands, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  16. rober7

rober7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you get a pro on page seo and many many quality backlinks is not much.

rober7, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  17. Gotch

Gotch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I find it ironic that the "art of marketing" is so clueless. Please do not listen to this baboon who has no regard for your website. $299 is CHEAP. Some SEO companies charge up to $5,000 per month. It's like anything else in this world: you get what you pay for.

Gotch, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  18. rober7

rober7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is that 299$/month, what are they doing for 299$?

rober7, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  19. creatiq

creatiq Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are doing quality SEO by yourself you will use many hours and lots of money to do it.

So 299$ for good service is not much.

creatiq, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  20. chuckgs

chuckgs Member

Best Answers:
    Ask them what will they do for $299? And most likely, they will say "we ll buy links(authority sites, blogs and etc.)". Most SEO companies are nothing but SCAM. Check out Matt Cutt's videos on Youtube

chuckgs, Sep 23, 2013 IP