1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it legal to verify PayPal account with a VCC?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by quezacotl, Sep 19, 2013.

Hi guys,

I have a problem. My friend asked me to buy him a VCC. I bought it from one guy but the card didn`t work. My friend could not add it to his PayPal account. I asked a seller for a replacement or a refund but I didn`t get any answer from him for two days. So I started a dispute on PayPal.

Now PayPal asks me to write down an explanation. I have all corespondence with seller and I want to get my money back. But I started wondering is it totally legal to use a VCC as your card on PayPal? I don`t want to get my friend into any trouble. I would really appreciate if you could help me choose the best option.

Should I send PayPal screenshots etc. from my friends account?

quezacotl, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  2. funty

funty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    lol its not at all legal to verify your account using VCC. Adding a VCC actually defeats the concept of verification of user. SO you can't say that in dispute.

funty, Sep 20, 2013 IP
    Froomple likes this.
  3. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's legal to use a VCC, since it is technically a one-time-use valid card, just not what Paypal likes, as they want ongoing functional cards associated with your account. Contacting them about accepting something they don't want is the height of folly.

melprise, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  4. quezacotl

quezacotl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I checked it and figured that it is totally legal as long as you provide real person`s data.
    Altough as melprise said it is not very well received by PayPal policy so I won`t be putting my friend in any truble and I just let it go.

But I wondered how would end that situation if I explained everything step by step to PayPal and then my firend would verify his account with his ID.
    Unfortunately I will never know.

quezacotl, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  5. DaniaLLL

DaniaLLL Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its legal to verify paypal using vcc

DaniaLLL, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  6. Wad!e

Wad!e Member

Best Answers:
    Yea it's legal to verify Paypal using VCC.

Wad!e, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  7. Dajon

Dajon Member

Best Answers:
    Many people using vcc to verify paypal..including me,and i think no problem...and i think its legal..

Dajon, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  8. binil

binil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't use VCC to verify your Paypal account. Paypal does offer other types of verification based on your country. I am from India and paypal offered me a way to verify my account by sending two specific amounts of money to my bank account. You just need to enter that amounts that you received in your paypal and they verified me.

binil, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  9. Dajon

Dajon Member

Best Answers:
    Yes...in about 1 year ago,paypal make verification with bank...but its still working right now?

Dajon, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  10. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gr8 OP. Now, You could ask PayPal directly ;)

TrafficTOM, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  11. kantus

kantus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say it's "illegal" but PayPal probably won't like it if they somehow found out. Although I don't think there's any real way for them to verifiy if a credit card added to PayPal is virtual or not.

kantus, Sep 25, 2013 IP