1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please appraise my domain names:Programer.org and Programers.org

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by onlinemerchant, Sep 11, 2013.

1. iMarketing.ae

iMarketing.ae Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are 14 or 15 years old ! can u confirm that ?

iMarketing.ae, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Let me get this straight.
    • @iMarketing.ae bought some domains
    • @iMarketing.ae listed the domains for sale on an unrelated forum
    • @onlinemerchant bought the domains, freely and willingly having had the opportunity to do due diligence and decide independently what s/he was prepared to pay for the domains
    • @onlinemerchant lists the domains for sale on the same unrelated domain and is disappointed that the bids reflect a much lower market value
    • @onlinemerchant makes a post purchase appraisal request at this forum and discovers that his/her due diligence had led to a different conclusion to the members here (who may have more experience and are impartial, but have spent less time researching the domains)
    • @onlinemerchant decides that the original deal is somehow flawed despite entering into freely and of his/her own will.
    I think @onlinemerchant that if you are under 18 it may well work in your favour as, in many countries, you are legally unable to enter into a binding contract without an adult's involvement. You may lose that protection if you have lied on the registration forms at the other forum about your age and the legal cost of enforcing the law may mean it's not worth the fight.

don't promise what you can't deliver on.

sarahk, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  3. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    I commented stating that I would recant everything so that we could end the argument. If you would like it to continue I'd be happy to oblige. On your 6th point, you stated that you were willing to give me a refund if I felt scammed....well I do so where is the refund??? As I expected, you haven't issued one making that just another one of your lies.

onlinemerchant, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  4. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    First off, I never said I sell domains on ebay. I don't know where you got that from. It might have been lost in translation or something given that english is not your first language.

Second, the answer to that is yes. As the seller you are expected to be completely honest in your listing and in your conversations with your potential buyers. You were completely dishonest in nearly every facet of the description. You lied directly to my face and are trying to save face. This brings us into the third part. Do I have the right to say that you scammed me? ABSOLUTELY. For the reasons stated above, I have every right to call you a scammer. I have been consistent in my claim against you. You lied about the listing age, failed to disclose the bad history of the domain names, and lied about the value of the domain names (and the amount you paid for them). You are the epitome of a scammer.

Now answering your numbered statements/questions:

1. You do not respect yourself and only don't like the word lie because you are afraid it will hurt your reputation. You are perfectly fine with lying to people as long as you get your money.

2. You are not honest. You lied to my face. It was completely clear that you lied to me. There was no if, ands, or buts, about it. You lied to me. You are a dishonest seller and I would advise everyone to stay away from your listings.

3. That is complete b***sh*t. You bought the domains for less than $100 and you are going to try to convince me that you paid an additional $1700 in flippa fees?!?!??! That is another lie! You are trying to save yourself from the blatant lies you told me in the past.

4. See #3. There is no way in hell you spent $1700 on listing fees.

5. You clearly do eat people's money.

6. You changed your comment from what it was in the past which was " if, you feel yourself innocent and I lied to you or I really scammed you ...Than I will return your money to you ." to your new quote which is "if, you prove that innocent and I lied to you or I really scammed you ...Than I will return your money to you ." Why did you do that? is it because you didn't want to appear as a liar? I know the staff is reading this, please confirm that he changed his quote from the previous quote to what it is now.

5. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    You only have the story half correct. I will fill in the rest and be completely honest.

I will first start by stating what you have correct thus far. Your first, second, part of your third, and part of your fourth are correct.

1. Completely correct
    2. Completely correct
    3. You are absolutely correct that I bought the domain and should have done more due diligence. I admit more due diligence should have been done. I trusted the seller's word and that was a mistake. Let me ask you a question since it's something to think about. Who's fault is it if the buyer doesn't do enough due diligence to catch the seller's lies? Is it the buyers fault for not being diligent enough or the seller's fault for lying? Some might say seller, others might say both, but I'll leave that up to you to decide.
    4. Yes, I was disappointed that the domain was worth less than the seller led me to believe it was but you are missing a crucial fact. My initial intent for the domains was not to immediately flip them, it was to develop them. The problem was, the domains were used in the past in ways that were unacceptable for me to develop my new site on. As a result, I tried to dump the domains onto somebody else. As you guys astutely called me out on, I should have been more accurate in my listing instead of just copying the previous seller's listing. That was my mistake. I'm not going to lie, my hands aren't clean in this either, but it's much more clean than the current seller I am arguing with.
    5. I agree with that 100%
    6. I didn't magically invent flaws so that I could dispute my case with the seller. After initially discussing this with other forum members, they pointed out lies that he told me themselves. I'm less pissed that he didn't disclose all the information. I'm more pissed that he lied to me, which is why I'm fighting him. If you look on the previous page, you'll note that one of the sellers found evidence that the domains he purchased was for only $100. He told me it was for $1800. Now I'm sure you're thinking "well who cares how much he paid for them, it's none of your business" but the point I'm trying to make is that he lied and cannot be considered some sort of saint who is the victim in all of this. What's more, he also lied about the age of the domain, and that does affect its value.

Finally, given that you are a staff member, please look at the post I made above, i want you to check over the last part where I mentioned that he offered to give me a refund if I felt scammed. After I replied, he subsequently changed his message.

6. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Just so everyone knows, I made that comment because iMarketing.ae made his 6th point stating that he would refund me if I felt I was scammed. I said I was and that I wanted a refund through this comment. He then decided to edit his comment to what it currently is now so that he could further insult me. Please look at my other replies for more details. The staff can confirm that he edited his message.

onlinemerchant, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The use of the words "feel" and "prove" certainly give different meanings however it is not for the mods here to really get into disputes - it truly is between you two.

There is a fine line between a scam and lies and misrepresentation and hyperbole in the sales process. There are legal ramifications if you believe the sale was unlawful but that goes way beyond the mandate of this site.

sarahk, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  8. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you please verify that he changed his comment? I want the whole world to know that he did. I do not want people to think I'm making this stuff up. All I need from you is to certify that what I said about his comment are true.

9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you go to post #39 and click the "history" link you can see the original post.

malky66, Sep 18, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk, Arick unirow and sarahk like this.
  10. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh cool, thanks! I'm new here so i have no idea how to do these things.

11. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Where's my money iMarketing.ae? You said if I felt scammed you'd return the money to me. Well??? Where is my money? I feel scammed. My dispute with you was thrown out because paypal doesn't cover intangible items so it's up to you now. You can choose to refund me or not, but if you kept to your word, then you would. I'm tired of this already, so at least from my end, I'm done.

12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I feel scammed for getting involved in this discussion, can you give me my time back?

sarahk, Sep 18, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk, tattoos and browntwn like this.
  13. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Why did you get involved in this discussion? You're a staff member. Don't you have other things to do?

14. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    strange comment, seeing as you openly invited everyone here. It all comes back to your opening post.

You asked our opinion, we gave it to you, but now you are upset? Why ask a question if you are gonna get cranky with the answers?
    I am really surprised that this thread has been allowed to stay open as you arent really interested in their value but in trying to sell them. Be honest, you only asked us to value them as you wanted to get around the forum restrictions that prevented you from listing them for sale.
    I will be honest, I really dont believe that you brought these for a site, but rather brought them hoping to sell it for a quick instant profit. Lets pretend that I do believe that you brought these for your site, Its been 22 days since you decided these domains were not good enough for your site and decided to sell them. So where is your site?
    Please do not tell me that the only thing you have to show for yourself in 22 days is this crappy thread. Making a mistake is one thing, dwelling on it is another. If you have spent just 2 hours per day for 22 days being upset with this sale, at $15 per hour, thats $660 wasted right there. You made a mistake, get over it.

I dont think that you should be in domaining at all. But take a look, you listed a domain and got $120, ok, that might not be good if you paid $635, but what if you found them cheaper? Its $10 for a new domain, and there are some second hand used domains on this forum for $10-$30 (just might need to wash em first ;)) Instead of spending weeks focused on one mistake, you could have looked at other opportunities where you could buy domains for say $10-$30, list on flippa for $29 and sell for $99 or more. Even if you dont buy domains, if you had just built your site, and promoted it here, and on other forums then this is a much more productive use of your time, rather then joining forums just to bitch and promote your mistakes.

Even IF you had the right to complain over the listing, you lose all rights based on your own listing. I mean, who is to say that the seller didnt copy/paste the information from whoever he got the domain from.

As for a refund, the guy mentioned he spent nearly $160 in flippa fees... and considering your thread here, as well as you listing it on flippa, you have ruined any potential value in this being resold. You have pretty much brought a car, driven into a tree making it a complete right off, but still want a full refund. Reality is, you brought this with the hopes of making a quick buck, and you gambled and lost, but now, not one person here on this forum would ever want to work with you or trade with you.

FYI, noone likes sloppy seconds. Next time you buy domains for a quick profit, keep them for a month or so, and or dont buy them where you plan to sell them. Listing it 5 days after purchase was a mistake.

matt_62, Sep 18, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and sarahk like this.
  15. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:

You clearly rushed to your friends aid as though my inquiry was some sort of attack on her character. This was certainly not the intent. I was genuinely interested in what compelled her to keep discussing in this post.

You said i was upset? I'm not upset. What gave you the impression that I was upset? I'm angry at the person who I bought the domains from, but not you. Regarding your other comment, that is completely false. I did not try to subvert the digitalpoint listing requirements by listing it as an appraisal. You have no grounds to accuse me of such.

Now regarding your comment that you do not believe that I bought the domains to build a site, your evidence on that is also fairly weak. You said what essentially amounted to a question of "well where is this supposed site you've been working on for 22 days?" when you failed to accept the possibility that perhaps I decided to hold on the domain for a little while before beginning development. Your logic on that accusation assumes that right after I bought the domain I immediately started working on that. You might be that diligent....and that's great for you, but i'm not.

Regarding your next few comments where you said that I lose all rights to complain because I listed it myself, admittedly I shouldn't have done that. Once I found the flaws in the domains i tried to dump it on someone else since I didn't want to go through the process of disputing the transaction. Now let me posit this question to you. Based on what you said, it essentially amounted to a statement of: If someone screwed me, and I tried to screw someone else in return, I have no right to complain about being screwed. Well let me ask you this: If you got screwed and couldn't dump the domain, wouldn't you be bitter too? And does that mean that the person who screwed you should go scot-free?

16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Plenty of people do exactly as you did, and that's why I first started paying attention to this thread. That the behaviour of a new member mirrored that of other problem users is pretty good grounds, I reckon.

I still fail to see how you got screwed.

sarahk, Sep 19, 2013 IP
    iMarketing.ae likes this.
  17. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh well....

onlinemerchant, Sep 19, 2013 IP