1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do people buy ebay accounts?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by sirjorgeofculver, Sep 17, 2013.

Is this a legit thing? Buying and selling ebay accounts? I have recently ran into a few people requesting it, but didn't know it was prevalent.

sirjorgeofculver, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  2. DaniaLLL

DaniaLLL Active Member

Best Answers:
    No i don't think its legit thing cause peoples buy ebay account with good reputation and scam other members with that

DaniaLLL, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  3. mco65

mco65 Member

Best Answers:
    I remember a few years back you could find one to buy but that is not the case anymore. A friend of mine applied for EPN and got rejected so I went looking to see if I could find one for sale and those offers are no longer out there.

But, i have seen them available on flippa with the purchase of a EPN web site. Rare but I have seen them being sold along with the site... or basically given to the person who purchases the web site...something to think about..

mco65, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  4. theAdviserMe

theAdviserMe Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is an underground market for this as obviously eBay is one of the top sites for selling and buying multiple of products...:)

theAdviserMe, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  5. Shamay

Shamay Member

Best Answers:
    You can sell your Ebay business. We are selling one now, and I sold a very high volume one in 2004. There are various Ebay businesses/seller accounts for sale on Ebay itself under the business category.

Shamay, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  6. zl44

zl44 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily account but they can buy them as businesses

zl44, Dec 27, 2013 IP
  7. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have one with great 100% feedback scores, and someone offered to buy it, then backed out last minute. I don't know where I would sell one today. I would gladly unload it, I never use it anymore, but it has a very very strong ranking.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 27, 2013 IP
  8. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin Member

Best Answers:
    Don't sell it obviously, you need to keep that account for yourself because you can use that account in the future and you have a trustworthy account, people wont hesitate to sell or buy from you. And yes i agree, don't sell it because people can use it for scamming others.

Henry Calvin, Dec 31, 2013 IP
    sirjorgeofculver likes this.
  9. vats121

vats121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never heard of that happening before, can't be legal.

vats121, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  10. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It was big for a while, when many sellers started leaving ebay a few years back people were buying their accts and scamming people with them. It's probably harder to do these days.

I got scammed on a $20 item once after looking at their 1000+ feedback I realized they took over an legitimate acct and ran it into the ground scamming people.

averyz, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  11. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    You probably could sell an eBay store on your own domain, but not an account that you're just using courtesy of eBay, right?

Alyssa Lochmore, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  12. Adam James Jack

Adam James Jack Banned

Best Answers:
    If you sell an eBay account prepare to be banned. I sold an eBay account accompanied with a business - The end result was eBay terminating my account & basically told me to find a new vendor.

Hope that helps

Adam James Jack, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  13. Jim85

Jim85 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can see an ebay store and business such as through a domain but can't sell individual accounts because that will get you banned ^

Jim85, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  14. baga_1989

baga_1989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    that is not legit...

baga_1989, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  15. scithe

scithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can buy an eBay account sure. You can buy anything in the world.

You can not change the name on the eBay account without some major work dealing with eBay.

Also, eBay is trying to prevent scammers from snagging dormant accounts and screwing their buyers over. So if you buy an account with say 5000 feedback and it has had 0 sales in the last 12 months and suddenly you want to start selling, expect the account to be throttled. $1500 selling limit. Restrictions on which categories you can sell in (ie no Tiffany).

I've been an eBay seller since 1998 and a PowerSeller continuously since 2006.

scithe, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  16. JayBay

JayBay Active Member

Best Answers:
    No interested in being an scammer at all, I need to buy an account because I don't have the time to get a decent feedback myself. Might want to open an store as well. If anyone is interested hit me up.

JayBay, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  17. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My thought is that this is not legit and it is also very risky. When you get into things like this, eBay can very well find out and can stop you from using the platform. The risk is not worth the reward, and I'd recommend not going anywhere near buying or selling accounts. Shortcuts seldom work in the long term. My opinion, of course, but I have found that steady work is what pays off in the long run.\

Lynn

Lynn C, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  18. Guide

Guide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, they do get sold, but not for use as a shop, more for bidding (on own auctions).

And yes, it's an underground thing... very tricky, because you don't know who and where opened the account, and what they did with it before they sold it.

Guide, May 24, 2014 IP
  19. Fariyal

Fariyal Member

Best Answers:
    Its illegal to buy and sell ebay accounts

Fariyal, Sep 7, 2014 IP
  20. Nathan Nartker

Nathan Nartker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It cant be true. If people are doing it they would need to give away their user and psword. Ebay wouldnt allow for selling of accounts

Nathan Nartker, Sep 23, 2014 IP