1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling US native writer $1/100 - No teams, single writer only!

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Stephanie4451, Sep 17, 2013.

Price

Information

Instant Pay:
No

Does not qualify for feedback.

Info here is claimed by the seller and is not a replacement for your own due diligence.

Embed

HTML:
BBCode:
Link image:
    The title says it all :) I'm a standalone writer looking mostly for long term work if you've got it, but I'll take single orders as well. I am not a team, so you can expect the same quality of work from me every time. On the flip side, please be realistic about my limitations *because* I am not a team. :)

I can send you a sample of my writing if you need one, or you can speak with me in PM/Skype to get a better gauge of my skills before agreeing to anything. Check out the few highlighted points below if you are interested in hiring me!

Price
    I work for a flat $1 whether it's rewrite or original content. That's a good price for a qualified writer, so please don't try to jew me down further. Additionally, if you have special requirements for your articles the price may increase, however we can discuss it in PM and hopefully find something suitable for both parties.

Niches/Services
    I can work in almost any niche, but I specialize in writing reviews on any products, gaming related topics, health topics, SEO/IM, and anything tech related.

If you are looking for a more hands free approach, then I can post directly onto the blog in an SEO friendly manner (tags, descriptions, keywords, etc.). Forum posts, comments, and even email creation are also a few other things I'm more than capable of. **Note that these services are not at my flat rate**

Payment
    Payment is made after I have turned in the completed articles. If you have a new DP account, or one with negative feedback, then this may be slightly different for you. Additionally I do not accept any weekly or monthly payments until after a level of trust is built up.

Contact
    Please PM me here on DP, or leave a message on the thread if you are interested. We can communicate via Gmail or Skype as well, just let me know what works best for you :)

Stephanie4451, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    Sean101 likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That was an ignorant racist statement.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    oo87, Tarissa and browntwn like this.
  3. Stephanie4451

Stephanie4451 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Apologies if it was offensive to you, however it is a colloquial phrase that was made neither in ignorance nor in a racist manner.

4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How is it not racist? To suggest that someone might "Jew me down " is suggesting that *all* Jews are such and so on, and is based on pure ignorance. Do not attempt to paint an entire group with one giant paintbrush.:mad:

5. Stephanie4451

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Look, please calm your bleeding heart for a second and read how I phrased my response.

First, I apologized if it was offensive. Let's not discount that shall we? Secondly, I stated it was a common phrase that is used and I slipped on my writing, just the same as people do when they say lol, afk, etc in posts/conversations - it's not formal writing, its *colloquial* . Thirdly, I said that the statement was not made in a racist nor ignorant manner. The *manner* in which I said it was purely innocent (ie I meant no offense to anyone), however I am *FULLY* aware that to use jew as a verb instead of Jew as a noun is offensive hence the reason I said the statement was not made in an ignorant manner.

I'm friends with people from a variety of diverse religions and cultures. Additionally I'm fortunate to have a few Jewish friends who are some of the nicest and most caring people I know. So please, don't accuse me of being racist in any manner based on a common phrase, as it cannot be farther from the truth :)

ryan_uk likes this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Actually to be fair, your writing skills are pretty good. I believe you are devaluing yourself by offering these low rates, but that's entirely your call.
    Anyway I'm sure you are now aware that some of your prospective clients may be Jewish. So in the name of discretion and business, I would suggest that you be a little more diplomatic in future. Good luck to you with all.

Tarissa and Stephanie4451 like this.
  7. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I found the fact that she used the phrase "Jew me down" a bit comical and endearing. It shows that she can write using the casual slang of the language. This is a skill that very few foreign writers have. That being said, I can also see how it could be offensive to some, especially those who aren't from a country where the phrase would be immediately recognizable.

I 100% agree with Spoiltdiva, however, that you are an idiot for charging such low rates. You are clearly a talented writer, and you shouldn't be willing to power up your computer for less than $.025 per word, and that is if you're getting a bulk order. If you can't find work at fair rates, you need to start learning how (and where) to market yourself better.

Good luck either way!

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  8. Stephanie4451

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I really appreciate the feedback from both of you and it's definitely something I'm going to work on. :)

Thanks!

9. qwertykris

qwertykris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You seem to be a good enough writer that you can up your rate some more. Not to mention you're native to the US. But yeah, it's usually easier to get regular work if you charge around the $1 mark.

qwertykris, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    Stephanie4451 likes this.
  10. Stephanie4451

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah I know it is, which is the problem I was running into. I understand people's points of charging more though, and it's not like I don't want the extra money :p I think I'll probably try to get a few reliable long term jobs at this rate so I can be sure of the income, then start expanding and trying to get higher paid jobs either on here or through similar sites. Also building an account with feedback and good reputation helps immensely when you are applying for higher jobs :)

11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Michael, she is by no means "an idiot"....poor choice of words. Semantics/rhetoric......c'mon people, we write for a living. Let's choose our words more astutely.

ryan_uk likes this.
  12. Michael Levanduski

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Definition of idiot...
    1. insult: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's intelligence
    It was my deliberate intention to insult her intelligence regarding her decision to charge such low rates. ;-) I only do it because I made the same mistake she is making when I first started out. I charge low prices to try to get started in this business. The problem is, people who are hiring at low rates won't ever be paying higher rates. You get stuck constantly working at these slave wadges. I wish someone would have called me an idiot years ago so I didn't waste so much of my time!

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's never too late.....Michael, you are an idiot. There....happy now?:rolleyes:

Michael Levanduski likes this.
  14. qwertykris

qwertykris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Yeah, I get it. Most of us have been there. :) It's nice to get some money on the side but problems crop up when you overdo it and find yourself not being able to get higher paying clients or worse: getting burnt out! At this point, you'll feel like you should be paid more for your efforts because it feels like a heavier workload. In any case, once you get a portfolio going, you should be able to find higher paying work more easily.

qwertykris, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    Stephanie4451 likes this.
  15. heartnet02

heartnet02 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 5
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's just a matter of saying NO to low rates and sticking with your own rates. I still get clients offering pennies but when I tell them this is my rate and if you don't like then we can't do business. Be firm in stating your rates. I already had few clients who went from paying pennies to some decent rates just because I stood firm with my rates.

heartnet02, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and Stephanie4451 like this.
  16. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    So, you give a non-apology apology ('if it was offensive to you' - that is such a cop out and is not an apology), and then you defend the racist remark by dismissing it as colloquial. It is not "colloquial" as you called it. It is not simply an informal choice of words. It is a well known, insulting, remark intended to convey that Jews are cheap and so when you said, "don't try to jew me down further" you are clearly and intentionally playing to that racist stereotype.

Thanks for sharing that little tidbit about your character.

browntwn, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  17. Stephanie4451

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]Seriously? Lol... If you're going to be pedantic enough that you pick apart my more than satisfactory apology and use it as a platform to spew your bs, then please remove yourself from the internet and learn to understand a bit about how the world works. You simply took a jab at my apology, then used the rest of your time to regurgitate what others have previously said adding absolutely no value to the conversation.

Here's a little life lesson for you: learn to laugh. That does not mean I think I made a joke, that means more for you to learn how to take a lighthearted approach to things.You see, people often intentionally play upon stereotypes - this does not mean they are hateful, racist people for it though. Comedians will create entire scripts based on stereotypes, TV shows/movies will often incorporate stereotypical jokes in them, and people in everyday conversation can make "offensive" comments such as "Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!" usually with the other party understanding completely that they were not being malicious when they said it.

Simply because a stereotype or something else offensive is said, does not mean that it is meant in an offensive way. Definitions of terms change as society overall evolves into something more tolerable and forgiving. There are *many* terms that have new meanings completely different than their origins. If you are going to sit there and spew rubbish about how I was being racist, then you are missing out on some valuable life lessons. The comment "can" be construed as racist, which is why I apologized if it was taken that way, however as Michael Levanduski no doubt understood, it was not "meant" that way.

The nice little saying of "choose your battles" is very fitting to this situation. You can choose to be insulted at every minute comment made, or you can realize that there are times where it is completely and utterly unnecessary. If you are someone who truly took offense at that comment, or you choose to take a stand at every possible opportunity, then I really do pity you. The internet, and the world itself, is filled with these opportunities and I suspect you will spend a good amount of time wasted atop of your little platform blowing hot air at people who truly couldn't care less.

Stephanie4451, Sep 18, 2013 IP
    Michael Levanduski and malky66 like this.
  18. Dave Goehst

Dave Goehst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm Polish by heritage - believe me, I've heard them all. Not ashamed, and could care less how many lightbulbs my ancestor changed...IMHO, I'd really have to throw myself in front of a moving bus before I took 'lighthearted, barely noteworthy candor' seriously. If Stephanie, or any of you, really had deep rooted racial issues, I seriously doubt writing would be your choice of earning activities.

Michael, Spoiltdiva and everyone raised interesting points - ones that are too often going unnoticed. So for that, I'm thankful. Everyday, for me, is an educational endeavor, so learning more about 'reactions-actions', feelings and ideologies makes me stronger.

Getting back to the main idea of this thread - Stephanie's insatiable love for writing and her delectable rates - I've hired her, and believe it was an excellent move.

Dave Goehst, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  19. holyhermit

holyhermit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Now that you've found an excellent writer, hope you will soon start sending me lots of articles for publishing... Believe me, my sites will be a perfect match for Stephanie's masterpieces :)

holyhermit, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  20. Michael Levanduski

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    One last point on this interesting thread. Stephanie's use of a harmless phrase brought a lot of attention, 20 comments and the eyes of many potential customers to her product. She has gotten at least two new clients, which she may have gotten anyway, but the 'rage posts' by some who are 'oh so offended' kept her post sitting at the top of the forum so more people would see it.

While I don't think that was her intent, it was a nice bit of marketing none the less.

Also, like "AboutFreelance" I am Polish and have heard all the 'racial' jokes. Not once have I been offended. I'm also Dutch, which 'suffers' from the same stereotype of being cheap that Jews do. That doesn't offend me either. Come on guys, this is the internet. If the phrase "jew me down" is actually offensive to you, you have clearly not spent any significant time online.

Put on your big girl panties and grow up.

Congrats on the new clients Stephanie, and congrats to the new clients themselves who have clearly landed an excellent writer at an amazingly low price. Get your orders in fast, she will be raising her prices soon if she's smart!

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Sep 18, 2013 IP
    Dave Goehst likes this.