1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Staff Writer $300/month

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by TopNotchServices, Sep 15, 2013.

Looking for a writer to join my team.

This is a flexible position. I expect you to meet the set targets within a given calender month, week by week, but you can work whatever hours you want.

Your English reading and writing skills must be IMPECCABLE

This means both excellent vocabulary and grammar.

Payment is $300 monthly On Target Earnings.

This is dependent on your completed assignments being accepted and you hitting the target of around 6 or 7 written assignments a month.

Payment by Paypal at the end of the month (first month you will be paid per completed assignment).

You will be give clear assignments and a template to follow. Your job will be summarizing information from the various sources that you are supplied with.

No research needed, just summary in good, well formatted, copyscape passable English.

PM me with your email address and I will send you a test assignment.

PLEASE DON'T OM OR REPLY TO THIS THREAD ASKING FOR MORE MONEY

If you are not interested to work at the price I am not interested in your services

TopNotchServices, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  2. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Quick question: How large are these writing assignments, on average?

oo87, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  3. TopNotchServices

TopNotchServices Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Will vary from 2000 to 4000 words depending on topic

TopNotchServices, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  4. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    At a fraction of a cent per word, no set amount of words per project and no apparent way to prove you will pay (most writers don't do end-of-month payments), I am afraid finding people will be difficult. Especially since you appear to be saying that people might not get paid if they don't hit whatever standard you decide in the moment. That isn't really OK. A writer is not your dancing monkey, we deserve the benefit of security when choosing a client. You don't appear to offer any.

oo87, Sep 16, 2013 IP
    Blue Star Ent., Vlasic and Spoiltdiva like this.
  5. TopNotchServices

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Your statement is unfair. It's like me saying you are an unreliable writer even though I have never worked with you.

You have never worked with me nor do you know of my relationship with my writers.

If you were offering your services and I came onto your sales thread stating that you are overcharging and the same quality could found elsewhere, would that be fair? Or if I made a general statement saying that all writers from your particular region were unreliable?

I have found many people with the level of English I am looking for and they are going through the selection process.

If the remuneration doesn't suit you then feel free not to apply but to leave disparaging remarks in someone else's sales thread based on bad experiences with unrelated clients is unnecessary and also 'not really OK'.

If you cannot see this then you are looking at things one-sided.

TopNotchServices, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  6. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have spoken to people who have sent you inquiries about this job. I learned of your requirements, which is why I became angry. I don't usually comment in client threads and bring up issues like this, especially about rate. I find it unprofessional. But there is a limit, and you reached it. The money isn't even the issue so much as the fact that many new writers will jump into this kind of deal without realizing the potential risk.

Do you have any idea how many people who are brand new to this kind of work come to me and ask for advice because they have been ripped off? Because they sent in a written sample at the clients request and weren't paid for it, or did a months work and never heard from the client again?

You specifically say that you have to "meet the target" to get the cash for the work you do. That isn't the way this works. You seem to be under the impression that you are doing the people who work for you a favor by offering them the chance to work for horrible pay and high risk, knowing they might not get what they were promised. You could say at any time they didn't meet the target, and a month will have gone by.

I am not going to repeat what you told other writers who applied for this, or what I learned. But I do not think I was out of line in what I said. Which is why my comments haven't been removed when other people's have, I imagine. You should keep in mind that the people who write on this site communicate with one another. When you ask for certain things or set certain limits, we give a heads up to others who are thinking of taking the job.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    oo87, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  7. TopNotchServices

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please tell me what is the limit I have reached.

Whoever you are speaking to please ask them to clarify if I have ripped them off or if they have had any negative dealings with me.

They are free to share whatever has been discussed with me in private on this thread.

So that everyone knows what we are talking about, my requirements were to write a 1000 word test article about a current topic (boxing) using multiple sources.

I asked them for a fresh sample of their work so that I know it's theirs and not from an archive or done by others as much as possible. Everyone has written on the same topic so I can make direct comparisons.

The final length assignments are going to be much longer than that.

The aim of this test is to see their level of English and their ability to summarize from multiple sources on an easily researched topic. They would then present that information under certain sub-headings.

Some writers refused to write such a long article as a sample and offered only a short version of the same test, some wrote the entire thing.

Please tell me where you feel I am oppressing anyone?

Please tell me how I have treated them badly and why you have taking such offence against this.

Targets:

There is a set target of assignments in the month. This is known at the beginning of the month by both myself and the writers.

You will be paid for the work you have done. If you write 3000 words for the month and don't deliver anymore, should I still pay you the full amount for the month?

Again tell me where you feel I am being unfair?

I am aware you are doing your best to warn other writers away from this job but your case against me is completely unfounded.

You don't know me, you have never worked with me, you have never been mistreated by me.

If you say that you have been a communicating with others who have told you about me then please ask them to come forward.

If you feel that the job offering is too low, fair enough, that is your prerogative but you don't have a right to slander me.

Again, before you think that you have every right to attack a person who has never done you or anybody you know any tangible wrong, please think if the shoe was on the other foot and someone was doing the same in your thread or another writers thread.

Someone came to a writers sales thread and said:

'hey, i don't know this guy but the rates they are asking for are too much and they are probably unreliable because I have had other writers that are unreliable and they type the same'.

What you are doing right now is akin to a American client putting a writing job out to tender and then putting in large print 'NO INDIANS'

It would clearly be unfair as they are slandering everyone with the same brush and being grossly biased.

Again, please bring out into the open whatever injustice I have personally done to you or your friends or any other writer here.

Vera likes this.
  8. iAmx

iAmx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey mate

I have been writing articles for quite some time now and I would like to talk some more with you about this project

If you can, please send me an email at alex.alex2117 (at) gmail (com)

Best,

Cheers mate!

Alex

iAmx, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  9. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How much are you paying for the 1,000 word samples you are asking to be written? Because from I have heard, the answer is $0. And as for making sure that the samples aren't used? You suggest if the writers have "trust issues" that they make it easy to Google. But that makes absolutely no difference and doesn't protect the writer at all.

I am not accusing you of anything, but generally when a client asks for free written content as a "sample", it is a content collection scam. You really wonder why hackles are raised? It isn't even a quick 100 word free sample, you are wanting a full thousand, which is ridiculous.

You may also want to look at the phrasing of your first post in this thread for more examples of why people are distrustful and annoyed. It sounds so very shady, and your laundry list of requirements doesn't reflect any benefit for the people taking the job. Now, you state you found people, which is fine. But don't be surprised when you start a thread like this, have contact with writers through PM where you ask for free 1,000 word articles, and then wonder why people come out of the shadows to warn others about it or point out what you are doing wrong.

oo87, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  10. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you offering payment for the 1,000 word test article?

"first month you will be paid per completed assignment"
    To clarify - the writer will be paid after each article they write?

For reference - $300/month breaks down to:
    2,000 words - 6 articles/month = 12,000 words = 2½ cents/word
    2,000 words - 7 articles/month = 14,000 words = roughly 2 cents/word

3,000 words - 6 articles/month = 18,000 words = roughly 1½ cents/word
    3,000 words - 7 articles/month = 21,000 words = slightly less than 1½ cents/word

4,000 words - 6 articles/month = 24,000 words = slightly over 1 cent /word ($0.0125)
    4,000 words - 7 articles/month = 28,000 words = roughly 1 cent /word

TextServices, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  11. TopNotchServices

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So your umbridge is with the 1000 word sample? I already told you that some wrote a shortened version of it and some wrote the whole thing. Some also chose not to write anything.

I really don't know why the mod did not delete your posts as if this is not trolling a thread then I don't know what is.

Your whole beef with me is that I might rip somebody off?

And this is based on other clients you have had?

So, if you post a thread selling your services, asking for payment in advance and offering short samples, you would find it perfectly acceptable for someone who has never used your services and doesn't know you, to post 4 or 5 times in the thread warning potential clients that you 'might' rip them off?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  12. TopNotchServices

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes you are correct

13. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for answering my second question, but you didn't answer the first.

Are you offering payment for the test article?

Also, if an interested writer writes a test article of lets say 300 words or any amount less than 1,000 words, do you still consider the writer for the job?

I just want to clarify because there is a lot of back and forth in this thread that is concerning. In addition, you are requesting a lengthy test article. Writing a 1,000 word test article does require more of the writer, (both time and effort), than say a 250 - 300 word article. It's fine if the writer is paid for the 1,000 word test article, but if not, it's asking a lot of the writer. The writer might be more inclined to submit a shorter sample because a writers time is worth money.

Is the writer permitted to link you to a 1,000 word article in their portfolio that they are the author of or does the test article have to be the topic you choose?

TextServices, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  14. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Because I am not trolling, I am bringing up legitimate concerns and explaining why this is a high risk venture for any writer to apply for. There is a big difference, I suggest you learn it. I am officially done with this thread, and I would end by urging writers reading this to please be careful and look out for red flags. Especially new ones, when you are vulnerable to potential scams or at least shady dealings where you will not get what you deserve.

oo87, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    GamingOn likes this.
  15. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No, he isn't.

oo87, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  16. TopNotchServices

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am not paying for the article.

Fresh article.

The reason for the length of the test article is that the final assignments will be upwards of 2000 words and a test based on a short sample is often misleading.

If you feel that your ability would be clear on that size of a sample then so be it.

Again , I haven't done anything to you nor do i know you but you are free to slander me. You must know some interesting people on this forum.

Please answer the question i put to you so that we can all be clear.

17. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I specified above exactly what the problem was. I don't see any reason to repeat myself.

oo87, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  18. TopNotchServices

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Great, open season for everyone to voice unfounded suspicions against strangers. Let the allegations fly.

Digital_shubhi likes this.
  19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Open season on veteran writers attempting to warn and aid novice writers, nothing wrong with that. Questions were asked, questions were answered. Now the readers of this thread can make their determinations based on what has been written.

All in all an interesting helpful thread, that may help novice writers in what to look for and what to avoid.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 19, 2013 IP
    oo87 likes this.
  20. Dave Goehst

Dave Goehst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Seems rather transparent what's going on here.

5-10 people send unique samples. Order for his client is filled, free of charge. He gets paid.

An amazing word was enacted many, many moons ago - called a portfolio - where numerous clientele spanning the globe can inspect past and present writing acumen, see if writing styles match current need, engage in active conversations. It's an excellent concept.

Simply put, your clandestine methods of getting freebie content aren't going unnoticed...I've seen this activity numerous times in 20 years of writing, and I surmise I'll see more of it as the war of 'content attrition' wages on, perhaps through 2016 or beyond.

Tell Stephen King to write two sample chapters before hiring him. Or, better yet, look deeper into each person in this thread responding to your 'ad' (used loosely) - their English composition, grammatical flawlessness and ability to clearly speak in English should be your 'writing sample' in itself.

P.S.: Just out of curiosity, how did you so quickly fly from (presumably) Amman to the United States?

Dave Goehst, Sep 19, 2013 IP
    TextServices and oo87 like this.