1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for writer

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Popularity Rank, Sep 7, 2013.

I am looking for content writer for my own websites. I have lots of websites and I want to articles in regular basis.

My budget is fixed : $2/article with 450+ words. Article should be unique and copy free and also grammatical error free.

I want 100+ articles in a month regularly. I'll pay weekly or monthly.

Popularity Rank, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  2. heartnet02

heartnet02 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 5
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $2 for 450 words + unique + copy free + grammatical error free ?? Yeah sure you can offer 100+ articles per month but do you think it only takes 15 minutes to write what you are asking for? Researching about the topic usually takes 30 minutes or so. I think something is wrong with DP nowadays.

heartnet02, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  3. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "I am looking for content writer for my own websites. I have lots of websites and I want to articles in regular basis."

What kind of grammar is this? Damn! You think that your grammar is perfect? No way! I can grade you 2 out of 10 for that. How can you ensure that the writer's grammar is perfect, when your grammar isn't perfect at all? Are you serious? If you want articles that are free from grammatical errors, you need to pay more than that. For perfect grammar articles, they are charging like $7 to $10 per 500 words in my honest opinion.

bogartkick, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  4. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 8
    Is this thread a joke? You're looking for unique, error-free content for $2 per 450+ word article? No one with any real writing skills is going to waste their time with a project like this... you're offering a fraction of a penny per word. If you're interested in real content, and paying something that isn't a slave wage, feel free to reach out to me. In the meantime, please stop trying to drive down the content creation market with offers like this.

PhiladelphiaIM, Sep 7, 2013 IP
    Content Maestro and 2LSolutions like this.
  5. heartnet02

heartnet02 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 5
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    DP needs a revolution.

To my fellow writers:
    Do not accept low paying jobs such as this one. The change can only start with us declining low paying jobs. Yes it will leave us jobless for a few days waiting for the right client but it will be worth it. Trust me. I have some clients that are paying above average.

Say no to LOW paying WRITING JOBS.

heartnet02, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  6. qwertykris

qwertykris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    While this is a low rate, there are plenty of writers out there who would be willing to do this work without a complaint. And I don't think that's necessarily bad because no one is forcing writers like us who expect a fair wage to work on these projects. So, it's not like we are losing out in any way. The buyers will eventually start rethinking this move when their investment is wasted with badly written content. Also, good writers will have to be careful not to work for pittance when their work is worth more.

Either write it yourself if you can manage it or pay decent rates for a proven writer is a good bet for buyers if they want to avoid headaches in the future.

qwertykris, Sep 7, 2013 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  7. mich.ewriter

mich.ewriter Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think the rate is very poor. I won't go on casting aspersion on the guy; I think declining offers with low rates is the right step towards pulling the 'right' clients. PEACE.

mich.ewriter, Sep 7, 2013 IP
    Neeni86 likes this.
  8. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is the type of client that DP has always attracted. This isn't a board for finding serious work.

Graphicsfx, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  9. Nathan2222

Nathan2222 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    450+ words for $2. No way

Nathan2222, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  10. antonal

antonal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is not a perfect deal, but I think I can take it given my current financial situation. I know I am worth more than that, but my ego won't put food on the table. PM me if you haven't found someone already

antonal, Sep 14, 2013 IP
    Neeni86 likes this.
  11. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Stay clear of these "pay monthly" people. They'll rack up as many articles as possible from you in a week's time then disappear.. just to warn you all.

Not that the price he was offering was going to attract any quality writers anyways...

coreygeer, Sep 14, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk, 2LSolutions and Mystique like this.
  12. ssaxena07

ssaxena07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Aah! again here is one more sweetheart with his mind blowing rates ... I can't understand what they have turned the Content writing business into.. I guess only thing that can help is kind of uprising within the Writers itself to deny and refuse such jobs. And Monthly payment (Why?) is again a mysterious deal ;)

ssaxena07, Sep 15, 2013 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  13. antonal

antonal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I forgot the monthly payment part. If it is monthly payment, am out. You pay as I write. You pay me everyday for the articles you will need for that day.

antonal, Sep 15, 2013 IP
    Neeni86 and wwstewart like this.
  14. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Never go for a monthly payment structure. I have one client that is weekly, but I have been writing for them for 4 years now, never missed a payment. This is sketchy, even with the low ball figure aside.

sirjorgeofculver, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  15. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm seeing a common trend among the scammers. What's weird to me is, I would have thought the majority of fraudulent clients would go for a high figure, but they usually offer a low payment structure.

Out of all the people I've found to be attempting to scam people out of work and never pay them, they all have the exact same thing in common:

A) They demand high quality
    B) They will only pay a month after you've delivered 50 or so articles
    C) The pay is insulting

Oh well, if they think scamming low quality writers out of time and work is going to make them any money or recognition via Google, good luck to them.

coreygeer, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  16. senseilp

senseilp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's a shame DP don't have some means (a simple drop-down) for Buyers to enter the range in which their project falls, then professional writers could filter out the "projects" that fall well below minimum wage. Waste. Of. Time.

senseilp, Sep 18, 2013 IP
    Neeni86 and ryan_uk like this.
  17. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well true, but then you'd have cheap clients offering high rates in their proposals but once you add them to Skype or begin communicating with them, they'd try to talk you down lower.

There's no fool proof system to ensure that you can avoid these people. Hell, I still get adds on my Skype weekly from people looking for work that I can outsource to them (which isn't something I do).

It's kind of like on Craigslist, the section where people can sell their vehicles. A lot of people put $0 or $1 just to catch attention and for people who enter a price range of $0 to whatever. There's no fool proof system and cheap clients are never going to learn.

coreygeer, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  18. Greg B

Greg B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What we need here is a buffer. First a standard rate that no one can go under like $1 per 100 words. Then the client should put the money in like an escrow account until the job is done and DP then shells out the money. I know other writing forums do this. $1 per 100 words is not a living wage in the developed world so getting poor middle men to knock it off with low rates is tough but we do have to have a level of professionalism and responsibility. Sometimes $1 per 100 words is the only foot in the door and once a good relationship is established a pay increase can happen.

Greg B, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  19. senseilp

senseilp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Greg, one foot in the door for that amount is not attractive at all. A genuine client, who values the service, will pay current and fair rates.

senseilp, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  20. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I like to offer different rates for different clients, but as stated above, genuine clients have no problem paying a fair price.

I do tend to be lenient with clients I've had for a while because I know they pay and I know they're easy to work with.

coreygeer, Sep 27, 2013 IP
    Neeni86 likes this.