1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to drive traffic on my blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Howard Powell, Sep 2, 2013.

Hi people. Recently (10 days ago), I started building my first blog. I really like designing stuff, so I pick a WordPress, instal new Twenty Thirteen theme and do a nice design. I have no problems about designing, and I never had one. I have problems with driving traffic to my blog. I know it is still early to talk about bigger traffic because I start working on my blog 10 days ago, but I'm receiving only about 15-30 visitors a day. In the next two months I would like to have arround 500-1000 visitors to my website in one day. Is that possible? I know everything depends how much I work but still I don't know how to do that.

I start promoting my blog on Twitter (I have about 2000 twitter followers), but I'm getting low traffic. Two days ago I start using Facebook also, but since I only receive few likes, I guess I can't expect some big traffic from this network. I'm trying to expand my social profiles using JustRetweet and EmpireAvenue. I found them very useful.
    I'm writting my own articles (I guess that is better for SEO), I'm using best wordpress plugins (for SEO and other), so should I expect some organic traffic from Search Engines soon?
    From Social Bookmarking sites I use Reddit and Digg, I also start Forum Marketing (Warrior Forum, SitePoint, Wicked Fire, and Digital Point from today). I bookmark few best blogs in my niche and start doing blog commenting on them.

That is well everything I'm doing to get traffic
    What should I expect? What should I start using that I didn't? Why? How to use it? If anyone have some good tips, I would appreciate help.

Howard Powell, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  2. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    500-1000 visitors per day? Organically that is going to take a while and a lot of effort. If you go down the paid traffic routes, it will cost A LOT of money!

Dionne Taylor, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  3. Howard Powell

Howard Powell Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm only looking for free methods now. Any advice,tip?

Howard Powell, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  4. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Write good content, after a few months you will get your 1k visitors a day.

Helge Sverre, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  5. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just Writing good content won't get you to 1000 visitors per day.

Dionne Taylor, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  6. mohcinbahaddou

mohcinbahaddou Member

Best Answers:
    Publishing tools in social networking sites

mohcinbahaddou, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  7. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to say, you don't necessarily have to write your own articles. You can always give instructions to your writer to incorporate keywords and guidelines to make sure every article is SEO-friendly. Also, I would suggest that you focus on writing or producing quality content more first and foremost. That way, every visitor that comes to your site will be a returning visitor. Make sure you have an optin form where you can collect emails from your audience.

Isadore Gregory, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  8. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can link to your blog posts on Pinterest, too - so long as they have an accompanying image.

Senobia, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  9. tareqjhe1

tareqjhe1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Writing good content
    Socila bookmarking
    advertising you can find mo traffic.

tareqjhe1, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  10. KevinBrowne

KevinBrowne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My strongest suggestion is for you to start writing press releases that point both to your blog and to YouTube videos ABOUT your blog that are both on YouTube and also linked inside your blog itself.

Be sure you have your Google+ Authorship connecting everything.

Then I would go to Fiverr and pay $5 for 30 new gmail accounts.

With them I would slowly build 30 new Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts and have them all "talking" about your blog posts in Retweets and reposts and repins. GOOGLE IS DEMANDING SOCIAL SHARING and we can all get this done to start off...but starting it is not easy.

Write a new blog post every three days...use one of your YouTube videos in it and link to a WIKIPEDIA page in the post as well as to the home page of the blog...which should be your main keyword.

Hope that helps.

KevinBrowne, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  11. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Writing a very great article -- then simply promoting that article everywhere you possible can. Put in on Facebook, Youtube, Slideshare, Pinterst, Digg, and everywhere else you can image.

This will get you more exposure then writing a lower quality post a day or 2. Just create a great blog post -- then spend the rest of your time marketing your blog post to get great exposure from it.

mkcookin, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  12. TheAnimatorGuy

TheAnimatorGuy Member

Best Answers:
    Hire some TOP article writes and keep publishing good content, you can also hire a SEO-expert. Among Free Traffic Sources, I suggest that you should try Video Marketing (Yes, it can be good also for bloggs) and Forum Marketing.

TheAnimatorGuy, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  13. jeremypo

jeremypo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think, first of all, do a right riset for your content,
    then make a high quality content
    give your post some backlink or promote your post on social bookmarking

jeremypo, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  14. DanMcMor

DanMcMor Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's possible 500-1000 or even more targeted traffic to any blog, website or offer. But it takes time and persistence if you want to do it free. However it's achievable.
    Here are some tips for you to get started:
    1. Create high quality content.
    Sure this is the hardest and time consuming step. Once you have some good content up on your blog, the steps below are relatively simple.

2. Ping your posts.
    Pinging can improve the popularity of your blog and ensures that search engines crawl and index your blog, making it possible for search engines to send traffic to your site.
    Use Pingomatic.

3. Properly SEO your posts.
    You can't be a blogger without knowing SEO. If you don't know how to do basic SEO, learn it.

4. Put sharing plugins on every post you make.

Make it easy to share you posts. You can use Addthis.

5. Make it easy to comment on your posts.
    There's a good reason to encourage comments if you want to increase SEO rankings and get more traffic to your blog. Every time someone comments they are, in effect, updating your post. There is fresh content there. They are expanding on the original post. Depending on how they've phrased their comment there may even be repetition of your keywords. You can reply to each comment and (if relevant) slip your keywords into the comment. So don't make it difficult for people to comment and give them a reason to do so.
    Install a simple anti-spam plug-in to catch the Spambots, but don't make it too difficult for humans to comment on your posts.

6. Comment on other blogs.
    Write useful comments. It helps to build more backlinks and traffic to your blog.

7. Guest post.

A guest post is when you write a post for someone else's blog in order to drive traffic to your own blog. Many bloggers welcome well written guest posts from fellow bloggers.

I hope it will help!

DanMcMor, Sep 9, 2013 IP
    Convert RSS to PHP likes this.
  15. buildwebguide

buildwebguide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The success of website depends on KEYWORD RESEARCH. If you are targeting the correct keywords, you should expect visitors to come. If you target highly competitive keywords, then you need to do lots of actions before seing traffic to your site.
    Make a great keyword research and then create content and backlinks related to these keywords... I spent lots of hours on keyword research on December, I found a great keyword. I focused on it and on April I had 800 visitors per day. Although it's a country targeted website and of course it's easier to target to a specific country rather than targeting to global .com internet, I want to emphasize on how important is to make a great keyword research before creating a website...

buildwebguide, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  16. Abhishek Kumar

Abhishek Kumar Member

Best Answers:
    Do lot of Guest posting with authorized and high PR sites.. Guest posting provides you method to get backlines for your sites..
    Post unique and relevent post to your wordpress.. within 2-3 month you can see a rise in the traffic.. Gud luck..! ;)

Abhishek Kumar, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  17. Premium_Domain_sales

Premium_Domain_sales Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. improve your backlinks.
    2.write fresh quality content.
    3.do some basic seo like title,meta tag etc.,
    4.directory submission

once you done all these, you'll get tons of visitors

Premium_Domain_sales, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  18. spyindiarahul

spyindiarahul Member

Best Answers:
    hello firstly i would like to know that your blog which category to belong after i will suggest what should you do...

spyindiarahul, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  19. ayeronnie

ayeronnie Active Member

Best Answers:
    How much traffic you get from search engines is going to depend on your keywords and your ranks, so it's pretty impossible to answer.

ayeronnie, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  20. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The question isn't how much traffic he can get. He said is it possible to drive 500-1000 visitors in one day for just two months old blog. I guess that means he set up everything right, but he isn't sure is it possible to get that number of traffic so fast. :)

OP: I guess you just have to do Search Engine Optimization on your best level, write your own content, and build backlinks. I was writting few blog posts about that. (check my signature for my blog)

VukasinI, Sep 15, 2013 IP