1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting warnings when posting

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by shahjahan-the-warrior, Sep 9, 2013.

Hi All,

I just started using forums.digitalpoint.com and have already received 3 warnings. Not sure what I might be doing wrong as there is nothing mentioned on the Warning Tab . Whom do I get in touch with to find more about the warnings given to me ?

Thank
    SJ

Solved! View solution.
    shahjahan-the-warrior, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You don't need to get in contact with anyone. Any warning you get, you also get a corresponding email with details.

digitalpoint, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  3. shahjahan-the-warrior

shahjahan-the-warrior Member

Best Answers:
    Really appreciate your quick response. Yes I did receive the email, but it doesn't give the details why my post wasn't appropriate or why I was hijacking any post. My post was very relevant to the topic and I didn't try to sell anything. I'm a newbie here and just trying to explore how it works. Please pardon my ignorance.

4. shahjahan-the-warrior

Best Answers:
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I again got a warning for this posting , stating that "Warning Received for Thread Started In Wrong Category" I believe this is the right category to ask such questions from support. Please correct me if I'm wrong ?

5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It was moved here.

6. shahjahan-the-warrior

Best Answers:
    So you're saying that the warning will get removed ?

No, but warnings expire over time automatically.

8. shahjahan-the-warrior

Best Answers:
    Ok - thanks for the advise & confirmation. I'll try my level best to follow the rules and not deviate from the topics, will even try to contribute my experiences with the forum so that everybody out here can get some help

9. oman_online

oman_online Member

Best Answers:
    It's a shame that you get warnings if you accidentally post in the wrong forum. That's what moderators are here for. I can understand if someone was intentionally doing it, but the two ones I've got were no where near intentional.

Really turns new members off from coming back...

oman_online, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's the whole point of the warning system... If you do stuff here and there on accident or whatever, it doesn't affect you at all since they expire over time. Only if you do a bunch of stuff in a short amount of time would it affect your account.

digitalpoint, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  11. oman_online

oman_online Member

Best Answers:
    They may expire, but they don't clear of your profile.

Anyway, if a new member registered at my site and posted a thread in the wrong section, I wouldn't give them a warning - I would just move the topic and get on with life.

oman_online, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    And how would you handle it if a member *always* posted new threads in the wrong area just to be annoying... and you had 14 moderators always moving his threads, but no one ever putting any sort of note/documentation on the user's account? Those same moderators dealing with hundreds of thousands of users, and they can't remember exactly what they did to what for even stuff THEY did, much less what other mods are doing.

If you break it down to what you are actually asking for, it's just not practical. You are asking to do away with the system where we can see what's happened with the account historically, who's handled it, what they have done, etc... Instead just handling stuff as they see it, but not documenting it and relying on memory each mod telling every other mod what they are doing always (and everyone remembering what everyone else is doing as well).

digitalpoint, Sep 13, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and kingofking like this.
  13. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe the warnings work quite well as they are set up here. I've received my share since I've been here and believe me, they work. A simple written message ("please don't do it again" type of thing) would not work at all on someone like me, I'd merely laugh it off. But an infraction does work and it causes me to think twice, before I make a decision as to breaking/bending the rules or not.
    Only the threat of getting banned causes me to behave (more or less) in an appropriate manner.;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Sep 14, 2013 IP