1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please appraise my domain names:Programer.org and Programers.org

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by onlinemerchant, Sep 11, 2013.

Hi everyone, I recently won Programer.org and Programers.org from flippa.com and was hoping someone could tell me how much they were worth. I was hoping I could sell them but I don't want to go into a transaction blind. This is the first time I've entered into the domain business so I guess you could say I'm a bit of a novice. Anyways any input would be nice. :)

onlinemerchant, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is available in many different TLD's. You might be able to get $20 each if you auction them at DP.
    If you sell them on flippa you might be able to sell them to a complete novice for $50-$100.

Are you getting any traffic hits from the domains right now? They might be worth more if they are bringing in alot of traffic, put up a landing page with a few ads, and if you are earning then you might be able to get alot for them.

matt_62, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  3. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    So you think I paid too much for these domain names? I paid $635 for them. I thought it would be a good investment. I thought it would be a good one word domain name. What do you think? I'm up for offers if anyone is interested.

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's all very curious that the seller of the flippa auction was called onlinemerchant and the username you've chosen here is that too, yet you were the buyer.

They are typo domains, fwiw, unless in a different language the word is spelt with only one "m". I'd say you got diddled if you paid $120.

sarahk, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You got ripped off.

digitalpoint, Sep 11, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and matt_62 like this.
  6. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    but you don't think it's worth anything? I thought it would be worth something.

7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not worth anything... it's not even spelled right. No real site with any sort of budget to buy a domain is going to even want to use such a domain even if it was free.

That's like saying fasebook.com would have some sort of value. Ask yourself this... who would want their website to be some sort of misspelling? No one.

ryan_uk likes this.
  8. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Do people on flippa artificially boost up the bids?

9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  10. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried relisting it on flippa. The person selling it on flippa is me. If you check the sales history though, I also was the one who won the auction for $635.

onlinemerchant, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  11. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, they are not worthless. Both 'programmer' and 'programer' are actually considered correct if you check most dictionaries. However double 'm' is much more common. There is some reseller value, not nearly as much as they were sold for though. Low $xxx seems about right. Besides it's a pr3, has a lot of history and some backlinks.

I see you got into a bidding war with another bidder near the end of the auction and it just causes people to stop thinking straight and bid up to a lot more than they previously intended, especially with lower value items.

DomainMagnate, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  12. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    matt_62, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  13. iMarketing.ae

iMarketing.ae Active Member

Best Answers:
    do you appraise your domains after you buy them,usually ?

are you planning to ask the buyer to refund your money ?

or you already tried to dispute your payment BACK from PayPal without contacting the SELLER !

after 1 month from purchasing the domains ,now you wake up to evaluate your investment ?

do you think you are professional domainer ?

BTW - Which one is the right spell domainer.com or domainner.com ?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    iMarketing.ae, Sep 12, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  14. iMarketing.ae

iMarketing.ae Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dear DomainMagnate ,

thanks for your correct information and the trusted resource you putted in !

I would like to add on that “Program” is the spelling for all uses in the US; but in the UK the spelling “programme” is used for broadcasts and schedules of various kinds (musical programme, programme of studies, theatre programme). However, in all computer-related contexts, the UK standard spelling is like the US one: “program.”

iMarketing.ae, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  15. shahjahan-the-warrior

shahjahan-the-warrior Member

Best Answers:
    You should have done thorough research on this domain before investing in it (rather than doing research after investing). Too bad and now you can't go back to the seller as it is not professional , You took a wrong decision and its your fault, trust me.

shahjahan-the-warrior, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  16. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pissed because there were several things different from what was described in the listing. For one, the seller stated that the domain name was 13 years old. It wasn't. It was only 2 years old. Second, the seller failed to disclose that the domain was previously used for somewhat spammy sites. Third, I feel there was bidding manipulation during the auction.

17. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not my fault and you have no grounds to say that. If a seller lies in his description of an item, is it the buyers fault for falling for the lie or the sellers fault for lying. It's clearly the sellers fault. That would be like saying that it's your fault your car was stolen because you left the door open. It's not your fault the car was stolen, it's the person who stole your cars fault.

18. shahjahan-the-warrior

shahjahan-the-warrior Member

Best Answers:
    Please don't take it wrong. I'm neither the seller and nor am I his assistant :)
    Just trying to understand where you're coming from and how you can work your way out on this.

I see that this domain was actually archived some 13 yrs back. See this - http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://programer.org/
    About the bidding manipulation , well no one knows that, you'd just have to prove it. Good Luck with the same .

shahjahan-the-warrior, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  19. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Well when I asked him who his bidders were he made up excuses to not tell me. There is a great interest disparity between the two auctions he launched and the one auction i did. I feel as though something else is going on here. The first auction he listed went all the way up to 1350. The second, which I won, went up to 635 but it should be noted that the other bidder went all the way up to 630. The second bidder bid using the same sort of style (from what I observed watching both auctions) as the top bidder of the first auction. While the domain was archived 13 years ago, he said in his listing title that it was 13 years old, implying that it was registered and kept alive for 13 years.

20. onlinemerchant

onlinemerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Put it to you this way, If the seller can prove to me that he wasn't manipulating the bids, I will drop any sort of accusations I have made thus far. As of now however, I still have reason to believe I was being manipulated.