1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Build 20 websites / opinions

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by afaufio, Sep 11, 2013.

Hello, someone has 20 registered domains that have on it the name of 20 products. He asked me to build a simple website for each. They pretend to be kind of a one descrition page to the product that also have links to a checkout online sell. He wants to be able to make updates when he want, but he´s not familiar with HTML language so. I considered to use joomla or wordpress but it seems weird to me, to install 20 joomla with 20DB in a server; it would be a hell of a cpanel. I would like to have some opinions on:

1 - what way would you follow?
    2 - In your opinion, is it possible to get a decent google position with one single page, once is very little content?

Thanks in advance

Warm regards

afaufio, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  2. tobalsan

tobalsan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1.Try WPMU (Wordpress Multi User), maybe. Or you can use just 1 regular wordpress install, and create 20 page templates. Thus, you or your client will be able to manage all pages insdide only one back-office.

2. I think so. Most things are possible. But possible does not mean probable or easy.

tobalsan, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  3. mrgoe

mrgoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can get 1st position in google with a one page website. It`s more about what work you put in it and what competition you have on page 1.

mrgoe, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  4. afaufio

afaufio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks friends for your opinions. I will study the wordpress multi user solution.
    warm regards

Afaufio

afaufio, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of crapping out a turdpress solution, I'd do something custom -- and have a SINGLE account to which all those domains resolve.

In PHP there's this wonderful value called $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] that contains the URL being requested. You could use that value to then determine which page to show from a single back-end.

You could possibly also use .htaccess' mod-rewrite to direct to different pages based on the requested domain.

Much of that would hinge on how the server you're hosting on is set up though.

deathshadow, Sep 13, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. afaufio

afaufio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks deathshadow, i will syudy that solution.

Afaufio

afaufio, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  7. ayeronnie

ayeronnie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress and Woocommerce are a great combination to sell just about anything, physical or digital. Easy to use and update.

ayeronnie, Sep 13, 2013 IP