1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

godaddy charge me with unknown transaction

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by initzero, Sep 10, 2013.

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here experienced to have charged in your credit card by godaddy? I recently got charged in my credit card without me doing any godaddy transaction. Refer below.

22/08/2013 DNH*GODADDY.COM 480-505-8855 US USD 26.02

I tried to reached out the support people of godaddy but only to be told that i might have use my credit card in a different godaddy account without helping further :(

Furthermore I received no receipts in my email for the said transaction and I checked my order history of my godaddy account there was no transaction done. I asked them if they have a copy of the receipt for the said transaction but they told me they don't have.

This is really a security loophole in godaddy, I am very upset because I laid my trust keeping my credit card details in my godaddy account for the automatic renewal.

Does anyone have this kind dilemma with godaddy? What can I do for this?

Regards,

initzero, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  2. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    It may be a recurring hosting or domain name renewal.Was your credit card charged trough paypal?If so go to paypal pre-aproved payments and cancel the ones you have with godaddy.Usually godaddy support is verry helpful with this matters.Cheers!

Alin Alex, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  3. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    They are pretty much famous for doing that. I would stay away from GoDaddy.

FTS!, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  4. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how theyr famous about that.I never ever heard of it.I have 100's of domains with them and never had this problem.I did noticed some transactions this 1 time but it was because i had a recurring monthtly hosting and some auto-renewals on my names.Thats it.They have millions of clients, so this things to happen sometime but not as often as you might think.

Alin Alex, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  5. initzero

initzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    so I called the billing department, they told me they cannot refund me but they advice me to call my bank to do the refund and the bank will charge them.

i lose my trust to godaddy.

i also tried to google with these keywords "DNH*GODADDY.COM 480-505-8855 US" and found out there are a lot of people encounter the same dilemma with me.

lucky for you Alin Alex. I got only 2 domains under godaddy.

initzero, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  6. SpiritSoul

SpiritSoul Peon

Best Answers:
    It's OK. Please Check anywhere you have purchased domains. Many sites are actually godaddy resellers websites. They can be called ANYTHING (i.e. 123SampleDomains.com) and you probably purchased a domain or hosting from them.

All my DNH*Domain/Hosting charges are from www.OfficialWebDomain.com (which is a reseller with good prices) and are valid renewal charges in my case.

You most likely received an email from the (name of where you purchased domain/hosting) on the same/near the date. If you didn't make sure that you don't have an old email address in your account as people change their emails and wonder why they don't get the notice of renewals.

Again, CHECK ANYWHERE you have your domains/hosting/websites and you'll probably see the charge for auto and manual renewals. When you have a DNH* charge it may be with your 'other' domain account and probably not a godaddy's main website account.

If you have an old domain/hosting that you are not using, you can certainly go to your account and cancel it, or, change it to 'manual' renew instead of 'auto-renew' so will be notified that the domain or service is expiring and can renew if you want. Auto-renew is for convenience and so you don't lose the domain or service you signed up for. Since, most domains are good for the length of time you initially signed up for (i.e. 1 year or 5, 10 years) it's easy to forget that you have that domain or service.

SpiritSoul, May 20, 2015 IP