1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market my website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mrweb, Sep 9, 2013.

Hello,

I developed a website (http://www.urweddingtv.com) ,I have been working on it for 2 years now. It has two services:
    1. Live wedding streaming service.
    2. Blog for wedding tips and articles (I get them free from myblogguest as I cannot hire a professional writers.), in order to have dynamic contents.
    The website drives almost no organic traffic from search engines , and I have to pay for advertisings or traffic exchange in order to get traffic. I tried the SEO tips I know, but no use.

It is one man show, I do almost everything, coz I cannot hire people. I was thinking about having a partner or a sponsor to move forward but I don't know how!!!

Please advice and thanks for your time.

mrweb, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  2. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Get on social media, especially Linkedin, Google Plus, Twitter and Facebook. Social media is the best free way to go viral and gain massive exposure for your business.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  3. AdvancedLinks

AdvancedLinks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello

I wouldn’t suggest you go anywhere because you are in the right place. I won’t say you can’t get a partner. There are tons of people here in this forum who are more likely to invest where there is certainty to make money. However, in your case, let me summarize, you have a two year old website, that doesn’t generate traffic from search engines yet and you get traffic from paid advertisings. I assume you’re making money from it.

Well, now there are few questions spinning on my mind, if you were to expect an investor, what is your offer for him, how much profit you can see from it and how exactly you want the ball rolling? Hope you have something that will make both parties a win-win.

Thanks!

AdvancedLinks, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  4. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to look for a partner, you must be very clear about the benefit you can provide your partner. Nobody will do something for free or without any clear margin of what he will be getting in return. Goodluck on your business and partner hunting!

Isadore Gregory, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  5. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies

Mu business model is based on selling advertisement spaces on my website. Now, I don't make much money to share with anyone, I have to expand first, get more traffic to make good money.

mrweb, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  6. Adam O'Reilly

Adam O'Reilly Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey mrweb, here's a list of ways you could get traffic to your website.

1. Video
    2. Social media
    3. List building
    4. Forums
    5. Blog commenting
    6. SEO
    7. Blogging
    8. Solo Ads
    9. PPC
    10. Media buying
    There are TONS of ways to get traffic to your site. If I was you, I would find blogs and forums related to your niche, and start contributing in the forums and commenting on the blogs. However, make sure they are blogs related to your niche so the traffic is targeted.

When posting on your blog, you should be posting AMAZING content. If I was you, I would only post extremely high quality, detailed articles. By doing this, you're providing the reader with valuable, and helpful information. This will help build a relationship, and trust with the reader. This will also help your search engine rankings. Google wants high quality, in-depth content. If you continue posting the usual 500 word articles, then you have slim chances of getting ranked in the search engines unless you have a very strong blog. Google will love you if you're putting out valuable content.

Adam O'Reilly, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  7. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Buy some advertising.

Joe@AdPatron, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  8. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Here's what I would do:

1. Stop paying for syndicated content. It hurts your site more than it helps. If you do pay, make sure it is original content. Better yet, write your own content, even if it means rewriting and improving on other peoples' writings.
    2. Establish working relationships with others in your field, but in other locales or that provide complementary services to your own. Write original articles for one another and as an incentive, you could allow a link to their site or include contact info, if they don't have a site. Figure out what you can offer (discounts, assistance, etc) to them and try to get something in return. By coming up with special things that you can offer, you then can barter with others.
    3. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Look at your competition and see what they are doing. Take the good ideas, make them better if you can, and incorporate them into what you do.
    4. Put Support in the footer, or get rid of it altogether. Honestly, I'd just have a form for them to report the problem or question. If needed, ad the question/answer to your FAQ. Or, create a knowledge base, if your FAQ becomes too large.
    5. Get rid of the forum.
    6. Include a page with testimonials. Put a couple of the best, short ones on the front page.
    7. Why do you have a Guest Login on the left and a User Login in the upper right?
    8. Your blog description, that shows up in the search engines, needs to be fixed. This is what I see
      . There are probably other things you could do for onsite-SEO.
    9. I'm not sure what platform you are using, but see if there are some good SEO plugins for it. What are you using? I'd recommend Wordpress, as there are fantastic plugins that could greatly help with running the site and offering extra features.
    10. Is your target audience mostly a certain ethnicity? The videos all seem to be Indian, perhaps?
    11. I see that you're using GoDaddy and you're using a US-based server. A server located in the region of the world in which you're primarily doing business can help for SEO.
    12. I'd turn off the autoplay of the video.
    13. You may want to look at Fiverr.com and see if there are some affordable services there. You may even be able to offer some service of your own, to help pay for advertising possibly.

usasportstraining, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  9. Atlanta

Atlanta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is the most important information right here. You will be spinning your wheels if you don't know what people want.

Post some valuable information and use Google Analytics to determine what people think. Look at how long they are on your site, bounce rate, where traffic is coming from etc. Worry about good SEO after you publish something that people want to read about.

Atlanta, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  10. Angie M Jordan

Angie M Jordan Member

Best Answers:
    Great content works. There is no trick to it. If you are not generating any organic visitors, then you need to ensure that you are optimizing your website and you posts correctly. And you should be working your bottom off on social media, connecting, networking, getting people to share your links... this will boost your traffic if you aren't getting it organically through search and even help you to start seeing some more organic traffic.

I'd focus on my content, write your own, well thought out, SEO content (great long tail keywords), and then promote it on social media by connecting and getting social with others in you niche and prospective clients or people who would like the content on your site.

Angie M Jordan, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  11. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use YouTube. Did you know a video is 100x more likely to land on the first page of Google for specific keywords?

Dionne Taylor, Sep 19, 2013 IP