1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transition Away From iTrader...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Sep 17, 2010.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What does that have to do with iTrader or Instant Pay?

digitalpoint, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Not really - it's not difficult to make quality posts, or buy premium membership. For those who are incapable of writing quality posts, is that really such a loss if they can just post "thanks", "fav movee iz Hobbit" or similar junk?

ryan_uk, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  3. billaaa777

billaaa777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It for the 100,000's DP members who English is the second or third language.

As I mentioned previously, most people will not spend $135 for a premium membership to advertise for a service that they are planning on spending $10, $20, or $50 on. They will just find another website that supplies it.

billaaa777, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  4. MSP2011

MSP2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I doubt as English is my second language but I still got likes and best answer here! If those members able to make advertisements than I am sure they can make posts! Quality posts doesn't means you need to write article or long posts! Likes may also get by helping or answering questions! New rules might looks hard but after few days everyone will find it easy.

MSP2011, Jan 27, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

I guess if you're planning on just making a one-off trade it isn't useful, it just seems to have quite a few benefits for trading in general, so more useful for anyone making a lot of trades (if the options it has interests them).

As for language, this doesn't preclude anyone from making useful, quality posts. There's a spelling and grammar checker, which can help, but more important is if the content is useful (so it really wouldn't matter if it contained a few mistakes). I can just personally say I've liked some posts (and before that given rep) to people who might have English as their second/third language, purely because the posts were very good. I doubt I'm alone with that view regarding quality.

ryan_uk, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  6. yinyang

yinyang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really I miss the itrader rating. I had spent much effort to get a good rating here trying my best not to fail in reliable service. It really took years .... Am wondering how I can stand back here in DP, which is my all time favorite marketplace. Now a days I seldom receive works from here.

yinyang, Sep 8, 2013 IP
    sitescripts likes this.
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Pretty sure 3 years was enough time for you to build up your instant pay ratings... :)

digitalpoint, Sep 8, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  8. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Surely three years is more than enough to build reputation. The problem is he/she forget to use 'Instant Pay' for the sales thread. :oops::D

Arick unirow, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  9. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yea iTrader ftw... I have done over 10 transactions on here since the update and not one was with instant pay.

MarcL, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    System shows 4 transactions you were involved with we're Instant Pay actually. :)

digitalpoint, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  11. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I stand by a previously stated view, that i-trader was overall better for members, as it accommodated ratings based on payments from non-Paypal directions, and was more in unison with the rep system used across many similar forums.

melprise, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  12. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Really??...what about all the dupe accounts giving each other false itrader and scammers leaving fake itraders when no transaction had ever taken place...you really think that was a good system?

malky66, Sep 9, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Arick unirow like this.
  13. melprise

Best Answers:
    I really think the i-trader system is widely used around the web on many, many IM forums, with little or none of the scam issues complained about on DP. I think the system is more flexible in reflecting transactions done without Paypal being involved. I think it's better for members, although whether it's better for the webmasters is a different question.

melprise, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  14. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    None of the scam issues???......I'd love to see another IM forum the size of DP and with as many members that has a totally unabused itrader system...I think you must have your head in the clouds..lol
    And pretty good in reflecting transactions that have never taken place.
    Which members?....the thieving scam artists are the ones that got the most benefit from it

malky66, Sep 9, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Arick unirow like this.
  15. melprise

Best Answers:
    I'm just making the plain point that other large forums do not accuse its members of scamming as profusely as does DP, and do not report having major problems with i-trader, past or present. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, peace, I'm out.

melprise, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Either they don't have as active as a marketplace as we do or they just don't care enough to try to clean up the false stuff. We had over 1,000,000 iTrader ratings logged... and while most were not "bad", even if you figure only 1% were (it was much more than that), that's 10,000+ bad ratings right there.

digitalpoint, Sep 9, 2013 IP
    sitescripts likes this.
  17. sitescripts

sitescripts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I miss the old system too

sitescripts, Sep 15, 2013 IP