1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any bad effects of duplicate title tag?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Zayan, Sep 6, 2013.

hello,
    I have started a local forum. In webmaster tools, i have found a warning that my forum has duplicate title tags. will it create any bad effect on seo? please take a look from my forum http://forums.jahirol.com then please suggest me.

Zayan, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  2. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Title Tag is important because when Crawl is crawling make sure your tag is relevant and second time in not use and may be so any other local related details add.. like a city name etc..

SASA Techno, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should change it... For my forum I used Topic Title for a Page title! And also, if you don't open a topic, but just the category (use the category title...). That way you will boost your rankings, because you do one of the important steps in On-Page SEO -> Unique title for every page! :)

patco, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  4. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    In your forum, if created topics which is already exist then you should restrict the users and guide your forum users before search if the topic is available, if not available then it is appropriate to create topic so that your forum would have unique content.

SERPpoint, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  5. Zayan

Zayan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks @SASA Techno
    @patco, do u use mybb? How did u changed this?
    @SERPpoint, I was talking about topic replies. When users post a new reply, by default it's heading becomes: "Re: then the original title"

Zayan, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  6. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It won't hurt you, it just WON'T HELP. The duplicate content feature is there for a reason, so fix it.

SearchBliss, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  7. Zayan

Zayan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Zayan, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  8. Lasse Nielsen

Lasse Nielsen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, Duplicate Titles and Descriptions do not cause penalties. They can cause problems in ranking when one of the pages gets ranked and the other one filtered out of that search result. Google may well not choose the page you prefer to rank for that particular query. Google is all about original content and anything you can do to make the content fresh and different will help Google, you and your visitors. Have a nice day :)

Lasse Nielsen, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  9. jacal1

jacal1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It won't hurt you but it does mean you are not ensuring that G picks up the exact title tag you want it to. There is some debate about which one it will actually choose - most I think feel it will choose the first one it finds - but unless you are absolutely equally happy with all the duplicates, you will want to control which one G uses by eliminating the others. Excellent question by the way - comes up often.

jacal1, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  10. shubhambarot

shubhambarot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to get ranking of your site than must be duplicate title free.............

shubhambarot, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  11. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can PM me with your questions.

SearchBliss, Sep 8, 2013 IP